Anybody played Dai Senryaku VII yet?

t65will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
At $19.99 it seems cheap enough. I've seen videos of it and it looks like a consolized version of Advance Wars. And there haven't been any online reviews yet from the major sites. Anybody played it or planning on getting it?

I've got it, so far very happy with it. It plays like advance wars but is much more in depth. Advance Wars is like paper rock scissors, Dai Senryaku is like chess. Has a mission mode, free play and map editor. Free play lets you pick from 8 different nations all with different units. It has a bit of a steep learning curve but after the first couple of hours you will get the hang of it, you wont know the difference between on the units on site or name but you will know how to look them up. If you like hardcore strategy games that reward you for great planning and using the right equipment it a game you should look at for sure. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll answer what I can. Game Informer gave it an 8.

Multiplayer in free play is 1-4 players, you can have AI fill in slots and select the difficulty of the AI opponents. The AI is actually pretty good depending on the difficulty. You can also setup alliances on each map to play 2vs2, 3vs1 etc. Comes with around 75 or so maps already that you can play as they are preconfigured or can change the countries, starting supplies etc. if you want. And if you dont like those the map editor is really easy to use to create a custom map. When playing with human players you would have to take turns leaving the room if you are worried about that since it does have fog of war. Before you end your turn just move the cursor somewhere away from your base and thats where the cursor will be when you end your turn and the next players turn begins.

I'm pretty sure it's at least part of the same series as Iron Storm. I'm surprised they didn't keep the same name (e.g. Iron Storm II). Naming it 'Dai Senryaku VII' is only going to make sure this game remains that much more obscure.

Sweet I have $17 dollars store credit at gamestop.....should make this a sweet deal....I love Advance Wars and even panzer general for PS1, so this should be worth buying

I haven't seen this at any of my local stores so I did a search of the inventory at all of the Gamestops in my area and most had between 1-3 copies with no more shipments expected. So if you're on the fence about getting this I would suggest getting it now.

i got mine on thursday.

haven't had a chance to play it yet, since WOW and gran turismo 4 are taking up most of my free time.

[quote name='Wallulapum']Just started it; reminds me of Conflict.[/quote]

Me too. what a sweet game that was, I loved blowing up the troops

[quote name='xspeedracerx']I'm planing on getting this game soon. It looks awsome.[/quote]

What is your sig image from?

The game looks interesting. Xbox is getting some nice variety on their console now.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='xspeedracerx']I'm planing on getting this game soon. It looks awsome.[/quote]

What is your sig image from?

The game looks interesting. Xbox is getting some nice variety on their console now.[/quote]

I think that's from Battle Royale. Sometime near the beginning of the movie.

bread's done
Back