Anybody use Say Swap?

skychotic

CAGiversary!
What's with the ridiculously low purchase values for 360 games? Almost all of them are only 10 points! Are they trying to stop people from trading 360 games? Why?!

wrong forum.
sayswap discussion should probably go here.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109670

anyhow.......
I used SaySwap before and it sucks. (that is the answer to the question "Why?!")
I had to add 70 games or so to my want list before I got a match (Eternal Darkness for the GameCube which cost 30 points). Yes... I know it was a suckie deal since it cost (in terms of point value) more than most games that have been released recently. I'm guessing that is the only reason why someone put that game up for grab. $5 per trade token is ridiculously high. Not being able to see what games are available makes trading difficult. Seems like most of the traders on SaySwap are inactive. And the few active members that are on SaySwap are only interested in a trade that goes both ways (ie they'll send you something only if you send them a game).

Oh well, at least SaySwap will die a quick and painless death.

I pretty much agree with wbc completely. I tried the site and it wasn't what I thought it would be. His simple summary of "it sucks" is very fair and accurate. I am one of those users who is inactive and only likes 2 way trades. I regularly get Say Swap emails ("Other SaySwap users want to swap games!") and promptly ignore them.

Don't bother.

That's not true; they have implemented a system where it shows everyone that wants a certain game that you have or has a certain game that you want, and also has a direct trade system where you can request said games that you want from a certain person or request to see if the other person wants your game/s directly.

I personally, as you can probably tell, like the site. I have sent a couple games and I've received four. I've only had one problem, and the customer service refunded what I spent.

[quote name='HungryWolf']That's not true; they have implemented a system where it shows everyone that wants a certain game that you have or has a certain game that you want, and also has a direct trade system where you can request said games that you want from a certain person or request to see if the other person wants your game/s directly.

I personally, as you can probably tell, like the site. I have sent a couple games and I've received four. I've only had one problem, and the customer service refunded what I spent.[/QUOTE]

Well at least they are working to improve then. I still have 30+points and an unspent token so maybe I will check them out again. Blind trade requests suck though, it was like the damn lotto.

bread's done
Back