Anyone been to Shanghai

homeland

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
My wife and I are going to Shanghai for 8 days in July. We are looking to spend a few days in the city, a day in Suzhou, and a few days traveling to Tunxi and Huangshan to climb the mountain. Curious if anyone else has traveled the area before and has any tips or suggestions. This is our first trip to China so we are abit excited.

The food from street vendors is great. Bring purell as not all bathrooms have soap and they don't sell hand sanitizer anywhere. The mountains are a blast, but it's definitely a workout to get all the way up. If you're near a garment market, get a suit made. It'll take a few days to make it, so plan accordingly, but it will be a lot cheaper than in the US. Make sure to barter the price down a bit too.

[quote name='Random Wok']The food from street vendors is great. Bring purell as not all bathrooms have soap and they don't sell hand sanitizer anywhere. The mountains are a blast, but it's definitely a workout to get all the way up. If you're near a garment market, get a suit made. It'll take a few days to make it, so plan accordingly, but it will be a lot cheaper than in the US. Make sure to barter the price down a bit too.[/QUOTE]

The street vendors do they have vegetarian food options? Never thought about getting a suit, is there a place in shanghai you'd recommend? And how much should I expect it to cost?

bread's done
Back