Anyone bought the US 20th Anniversary Game Boy Micro yet?

chwang0129

CAGiversary!
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/673/673374p1.html

20th-anniversary-game-boy-micro-20051202045851843-000.jpg

I wonder if the unit looks exactly like the Jap versoin including the back case.
My Jap unit has a the mario seal on the back of the micro unit

the jap version looks like this
gb-micro-famicom1.jpg

anyone mind posting some pics?

thanks

I think it looks absolutely gorgeous, but would never buy a micro...the SP just makes more sense to me, and the DS (at least at 100 from the target price mistake) moreso...

Still, its the sexiest handheld ever made, barnone...those colors are awesome.

Ships to GS this week. I believe the 5th along w/ Animal Crossing but not too sure. Really thinking about picking this one up since I need something a little more portable for everyday stuff.

It's ethier get this and some GBA and DS games or pick up a PSP. Hmmm ...

[quote name='stf3']Ships to GS this week. I believe the 5th along w/ Animal Crossing but not too sure. Really thinking about picking this one up since I need something a little more portable for everyday stuff.

It's ethier get this and some GBA and DS games or pick up a PSP. Hmmm ...[/QUOTE]

If you already have a DS then I would pick up the PSP over a micro and some games. Although the DS is portable enough for me so that probably sways my opinion. If a micro could play DS games and had a little bigger screen, then I might actually think buying a micro was worthwhile. They look nice though.

[quote name='javeryh']I must be the only one who thinks gold and red is an awful color combination...[/QUOTE]

That is my high school colors

i have to trade in a bunch of my ps2 games cause i don't have the system anymore, i might pick up one of these just cause i love the advance that much..

[quote name='spidey']You can see the back of the micro on the website. www.gameboy.com

Just hit the right arrow that is labeled back. No mario emblem sadly.[/QUOTE]

now i don't feel too bad about paying 130 for my Jap famicom micro

I really like the mario emblem on the back :D

[quote name='spidey']You can see the back of the micro on the website. www.gameboy.com

Just hit the right arrow that is labeled back. No mario emblem sadly.[/QUOTE]

now i don't feel too bad about paying 130 for my Jap famicom micro

I really like the mario emblem on the back :D

[quote name='chwang0129']now i don't feel too bad about paying 130 for my Jap famicom micro

I really like the mario emblem on the back :D[/QUOTE]

I don't have one yet, but I'll post pics of the back when I do get one (probably next week). Anyways that is not what the back looks like. It doesn't even show where the serial number sticker is let alone all the copyright text and Mario picture. I suppose we could e-mail IGN and ask them if Mario is on the back of the one they managed to get.

I've pondered getting a micro, but is there any way to get the Black unit with the matching faceplate that seems to only come with the silver unit or is my only option to buy both ? :shock:

You can buy the black micro and then buy the black flaceplate from the Nintendo Online Store. It's in the Parts & Accessories section. It's $4.95 + shipping.

This might be a stupid question, but I know with the 20th edition of the Micro you get a $10 off coupon.

WHERE is this coupon?

I know that on the outside of the box, there was a small red sticker saying that the coupon was included. But I saw the Gamestop employee take it off when he handed it to me. I figured it was included in the box so I didn't think anything of it.

Then I come home and look through everything and I can't find it.

Did the employee take it? Was that little red sticker the coupon?

If so I'm going to go back to Gamestop tomorrow and raise hell.

Let me also add that I did get it for the 89.99 price point, same as the other Micros. Is this normal? My gf just suggested that maybe he took it off and put it towards the Micro, but I looked at the receipt and it says "$10 off, Reason: New Micro System."

Wtf is going on? Where's the coupon? Even the official site shows the coupon as available. Did I just not get it or did the employee take it?

I think it's absolutely beautiful but right now I'm pissed as hell if I find out that fat fucker took my goddamn coupon.

Even the sexiness of the system cannot overcome the loss of 10 bucks. If I get more confirmations on here that he indeed took my coupon, I'm going to knock over ALL the magazine racks, just you wait Gamestop. Your magazine rack suppliers are going to clutch their chests and proclaim that they feel A DISTURBANCE. I'm going to knock them ALL over, and then KICK them, and then run out of the store and hide behind my car. And when i see them turn them back up I'm going to rush back inside and say OH NU-UH MUTHAfuckAS (all Boxy Brown like....HE PEED ON ME, BITCH) and kick them over again.

:(

The Start/Select buttons glow red. They. Glow. Red. Motherfuckers. RED.

It's so hauntingly beautiful. I am going to hook it into my veins.

However it doesn't have Mario on the back of it. It just says "Game Boy Micro" and has the serial number tag on it. (In response to the OP's question, please see first post if I'm being unclear.)

Also the L/R buttons take a bit more to push down. Not resistance wise, but distance wise. You get used to it in a few minutes though. But they are of unholy chrome. Retro. Like it's kicking so much ass that people 20 years ago are suddenly being imbued with new pains, and you can't help but imagine every last gamer in the world suddenly clenching their buttocks and crying for their mamas.

No interchageable faceplates, but why would you want to change this beauty?

[quote name='Strell']The Start/Select buttons glow red. They. Glow. Red. Motherfuckers. RED.

It's so hauntingly beautiful. I am going to hook it into my veins.

However it doesn't have Mario on the back of it. It just says "Game Boy Micro" and has the serial number tag on it. (In response to the OP's question, please see first post if I'm being unclear.)
[/QUOTE]

thanks for confirming what's on the back

btw, the bottons are glowing red because the battery is low, charge it and u'll see blue

[quote name='b3b0p']The face plate won't change? That kind of blows. It would be nice even if it is beautiful.[/QUOTE]

it will change, however they didn't include the faceplace changing tool

you can kinda take the gold faceplate out if you put a piece of tape on it and "stick it off"

CHWang is right, I plug it into the wall and it's blue now! BEHOLD!

Also I should be more clear - you don't get faceplate changing tools, and the manual somewhat discourages attempting to do so. Ehh. Still a beauty.

Anyone else confirm what Trunks said? :(

[quote name='Strell']CHWang is right, I plug it into the wall and it's blue now! BEHOLD!

Also I should be more clear - you don't get faceplate changing tools, and the manual somewhat discourages attempting to do so. Ehh. Still a beauty.

Anyone else confirm what Trunks said? :([/QUOTE]

How so? and why? I would hate to scratch up the beautiful Famicom Micro and when I take it out and about have a crummy silver/black face place on it.

[quote name='b3b0p']How so? and why? I would hate to scratch up the beautiful Famicom Micro and when I take it out and about have a crummy silver/black face place on it.[/QUOTE]

There's a small insert along with the manual that says:

"Important: Instruction Booklet Correction: Page 9, #12, and page 20: This model of the Game Boy micro does not include changeable faceplates or a Faceplate Ejector tool."

I guess that's their way of saying DON'T DO IT. I guess maybe you could follow chwang's suggestion. I'd have to try the "tool" on it myself, and since I don't own another Micro, I can't really do that right now.

Anyway, so two people confirm what I'm thinking. I'm going to head back tomorrow and see what the wonderful employees tell me.

[quote name='Strell']I think it's absolutely beautiful but right now I'm pissed as hell if I find out that fat fucker took my goddamn coupon.

Even the sexiness of the system cannot overcome the loss of 10 bucks. If I get more confirmations on here that he indeed took my coupon, I'm going to knock over ALL the magazine racks, just you wait Gamestop. Your magazine rack suppliers are going to clutch their chests and proclaim that they feel A DISTURBANCE. I'm going to knock them ALL over, and then KICK them, and then run out of the store and hide behind my car. And when i see them turn them back up I'm going to rush back inside and say OH NU-UH MUTHAfuckAS (all Boxy Brown like....HE PEED ON ME, BITCH) and kick them over again.

:(

Dennis D fat would be proud! ;)

Those bastards. If it wasnt going to be "free" (x-mas) i would probably complain more...I may import the other one as a collectible though.

The American version is never as good as the Japanese version.

Well, I think I have all the ammo I need. Going to head to Gamestop here in a few hours or so and tell them they owe me a coupon. They have no basis for refusing it to me and I damn well better get it or their GMs/DMs/RMs/corporate will be hearing from me.

[quote name='Strell']The American version is never as good as the Japanese version.

Well, I think I have all the ammo I need. Going to head to Gamestop here in a few hours or so and tell them they owe me a coupon. They have no basis for refusing it to me and I damn well better get it or their GMs/DMs/RMs/corporate will be hearing from me.[/QUOTE]

Go get someone fired! Yeah!

Seriously though, go get your coupon, and if you see them take it off another box, tell corporate to check on thier stupid asses for screwing over the customers. You may get something else along with your coupon :)

Well here's a quote from Nintendo's e-mail:

"The coupon should be included inside the packaging with the other materials like the manual. I would double check, which I'm sure you've done, and write back with your name and address as we might be able to supply you with a replacement for your missing coupon."

Well I'm going to ask Gamestop first and if no luck there then I'll talk to Ninty again.

Meh.

Strell didn't you say that they gave you $10 off at the register? You paid only $89.99 right?

If so, why do you want the coupon?

Well, if the CSR is right, sweet, we get two coupons. The problem with that though is
A:)They arn't that nice
B:) The red pull coupon on the front does say "instantly save $10"

Just go kick the guy in the nads and take back your coupon

bread's done
Back