Anyone Buy Clothes From Anime Castle Before?

I've bought some CDs from them in the past. Never got a bootleg, so I'd say they're legit.

Didn't know they sold clothes though.

[quote name='ykcil542']I've bought some CDs from them in the past. Never got a bootleg, so I'd say they're legit.

Didn't know they sold clothes though.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? I recall that at one point they sold bootleg CDs exclusively.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Seriously? I recall that at one point they sold bootleg CDs exclusively.[/quote]

Wow! Really? I picked up some FF OSTs from them and all were authentic. Did you get screwed over and get some bootlegs from them?

[quote name='darkslime']They have physical stores, which means its probably legit.[/QUOTE]

That's not always a guarantee. There's an anime store five minutes away from me that has bootlegs. I got a bootleg Kasumi Dead or Alive PVC figure there, and I haven't been back.

[quote name='ykcil542']Wow! Really? I picked up some FF OSTs from them and all were authentic. Did you get screwed over and get some bootlegs from them?[/QUOTE]
No, I've long since been aware of how to avoid bootlegs. Oh, and I just looked on their website, and sure enough... all bootleg CDs. You may *think* your discs are legit, but they're not.

Edit: Oh, and to answer the OP's original question, their clothing isn't legit either.

Boycott this shit-hole of a store.

[quote name='Chuplayer'] I got a bootleg Kasumi Dead or Alive PVC figure there, and I haven't been back.[/quote]

^ I really hate this bootleg shit coming from Hong Kong and god knows where else.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']You may *think* your discs are legit, but they're not.[/quote]

You've certainly got me worried now. Here are some pics of the FFVI OST I got from them:
CIMG4080.jpg

CIMG4079.jpg
Think you can tell me if they're knockoffs?

[quote name='ykcil542']You've certainly got me worried now. Here are some pics of the FFVI OST I got from them:
CIMG4080.jpg

CIMG4079.jpg
Think you can tell me if they're knockoffs?[/QUOTE]
Most bootleg CD compaies are able to reproduce the legit packaging almost perfectly, so it's hard to say from those shots since I don't have my original copy in front of me here at work. Look for the publisher's name and catalog number to be certain. In this case, the FFVI soundtrack is published by NTT Publishing, and should have either "PSCN-5001~3" or "NTCP-5001~3" as its catalog number.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Most bootleg CD compaies are able to reproduce the legit packaging almost perfectly, so it's hard to say from those shots since I don't have my original copy in front of me here at work. Look for the publisher's name and catalog number to be certain. In this case, the FFVI soundtrack is published by NTT Publishing, and should have either "PSCN-5001~3" or "NTCP-5001~3" as its catalog number.[/quote]

^ Yep, says "(C)1994 NTT Publishing Co., Ltd (C)1994 Square Enix CO., LTD.
MADE IN JAPAN/STEREO/NTCP-5001~3 [94*3*25](L)"

hmm... real? or sophisticated bootleg?:whistle2:k

[quote name='ykcil542']^ Yep, says "(C)1994 NTT Publishing Co., Ltd (C)1994 Square Enix CO., LTD.

hmm... real? or sophisticated bootleg?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
*Probably* real, then, since that's the number for the reprint version. Lucky!

In the future, always consult with the following sites to make informed soundtrack-buying decisions:

gmronline.com
chudahscorner.com (This site even has a small section on spotting bootlegs!)
cdjapan.co.jp

And remember, if the price seems too good to be true, it probably is. Real Japanese single-disc releases go for at *least* $20, if not more.

Edit: Anime Castle currently lists the FFVI soundtrack with a bootleg catalog number and publisher "Son-May," a notorious bootleg CD company.

Wow, these guys are still in business?
I ordered some FF CDs from them in the late 90s. They were bootlegs back then, but the images by yksil look legit at first glance. But yes, look for NTT Publishing for for older FF soundtracks, Digicube for PS1 FF soundtracks.

Yes, Son May, Ever Anime, etc. are notorious bootleggers. (Honestly why doesn't square prosecute them?)

[quote name='ykcil542']^ Yep, says "(C)1994 NTT Publishing Co., Ltd (C)1994 Square Enix CO., LTD.

hmm... real? or sophisticated bootleg?:whistle2:k[/quote]

how much did you pay for each CD soundtracks?

[quote name='cranguy']But yes, look for NTT Publishing for for older FF soundtracks, Digicube for PS1 FF soundtracks.[/QUOTE]
To get technical, Digicube went under and now Square-Enix is reprinting a large portion of Digicube's catalog and handling all future releases.

bread's done
Back