Anyone else buy every classic NES game and the system?

abreed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I gave in an bought every single game in the classic series and the system. I already have a GBA SP, but I am a huge NES collector and I thought what the hell. With Circuit City selling the games for $15 and the system for $90 it wasn't to hard on the cash (a little over $210). I know my friend did the samething (also a huge NES fan), so I know someone else must have done it as well. If you did, what made you give into the greed of Nintendo?

Wouldn't the money have been better spent on rare NES games? You know, actual NES games rather than mere recreations with all of the flaws on a system capable of doing it flawlessly.

BTW, Fry's today has the NES GBA SP down to $88 and the Zelda and Super Mario Bros. for $12.99. Just a heads up for any more compulsives drawn to this thread.

[quote name='epobirs']Wouldn't the money have been better spent on rare NES games?[/quote]

Heh, not to brag, but I already have nearly all of them (US Releases only).
I'm an NES freak. :shock:

[quote name='optimolife']wow you must really like those shitty old games :lol:[/quote]

zelda?
mario?
pacman?
ice climbers?
excitebike?
donkey kong?

which of those are shitty and why?

I bought mario, ice climbers is next. A guy at gamecrazy gave me some scratch and sniff NES stickers that look just like the original packaging...so i now have a retro GBASP without buying a second one :)

I have been planning on getting a GBA SP but have been putting it off. But I will be getting one of the retro nes GBA SPs. I don't want the games, well with 2 exceptions Super Mario & Zelda.

I have Famicom Mini Zelda, but thats it.

I found it fucking hilarius that the IGN people did't know this game had a quick save and were killing their character to save and giving it a negative review.

If it had a save feature I would get the Famicom Mini Mario Bros, but it doesn't.

you can use the warp pipes to get to any level in very few minutes and you can use a+start to continue from the beggining of the level

Ive been wanting an SP for a while

I'ma do the gba 2 games trade in to hook it up w/ one of those cool nintendo style ones for FITTY BUX!

[quote name='Quackzilla']I have Famicom Mini Zelda, but thats it.
[/quote]

Japan got badass game packaging, but we got the cooler system. I was thinking of importing the Japan games so I could have the cool little plastic boxes, but I think I have gave Nintendo enough of my cash for the next few months. My only complant about the whole rerelease is the lame cruddy paper boxes like we always get for GBA games...

My girlfriend and I went to CC on Friday and ended up getting two GBA Sp's (one Retro and one Flame), Zelda, Ice Climbers, and Four Swords. Plus we got the free t-shirts and the $10 giftcard that came with Four Swords (which we used towards one of the Gameboys).

although i have most of them on the original NES carts, i still went ahead and bought the whole GBA NES set...all 8 games and the system

I decided to stay away from the classic NES series. It just seemed like Nintendo was trying to rip people off at $20 a game. If they would have put 4 of them on a cart and charged $20 I might have picked them up.

Kaijufan wrote: I decided to stay away from the classic NES series. It just seemed like Nintendo was trying to rip people off at $20 a game. If they would have put 4 of them on a cart and charged $20 I might have picked them up.

True, I mean four to a cart at twenty bucks is more than enough for very old games. I really wanted to pick up a retro SP but the games are too much for old stuff. I'll wait for a deal.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I decided to stay away from the classic NES series. It just seemed like Nintendo was trying to rip people off at $20 a game. If they would have put 4 of them on a cart and charged $20 I might have picked them up.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. $20 a game is damn highway robbery. Why does Nintendo keep selling the same stuff over and over? What ever happened to that innovation that made them the top dog?

I feel the same way, Nintendo always overcharges on games. $20 each for the NES series is just as bad as them charging $30 for some player's choice games on GCN.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Kaijufan']I decided to stay away from the classic NES series. It just seemed like Nintendo was trying to rip people off at $20 a game. If they would have put 4 of them on a cart and charged $20 I might have picked them up.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. $20 a game is damn highway robbery. Why does Nintendo keep selling the same stuff over and over? What ever happened to that innovation that made them the top dog?[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing. Why does Nintendo do this? Because they know parents will buy it to shut little jimmy up(and parents dont know its a rip off), and they might just buy 2 so he doesnt have to share with his sister susie.

I would have bought some of those classic games if they were four to a cart, even at hte normal $30 price point. But $20 for one old ass game is ridiculous. The only one I really even momentarily thought about was SMB, but I could just whip out my SNES and play Super Mario Worlds and that's that.

Bubble Bobble! Yes! But Taito already made the "New & Old" edition, which wasn't really worth the money. Damn...

Circuit City has them for $15???

I went there today (7/5) to check out the $5 games and I noticed that the NES classic series games are $19.99.

Was that just a temporary sale?

bread's done
Back