Anyone else have issues with BuyNextGen.com?

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
So I got in on the $19.99 shipped Saints Row 2 CE (PS3) deal a couple weeks back. After a week, I found a copy at Best Buy for the same price, and sent an email to cancel my order. They wrote back and said "It already shipped, sorry." That's fine, except it's 10 days AFTER and still...nothing.

Anybody else have any problems with their order(s) from BuyNextGen.com? Or post your good experience - I'm hoping there's more of those than not!

...crickets....

Just to update - they said they shipped parcel post, and had no tracking. Then they offered me a refund and they'd 'reroute' the package back to them.

Can you reroute a parcel post package that has no tracking information?!?!?

Me thinks they never shipped it in the first place....

...that's not what I was hoping to hear....

they told me (in yet another email) that they can locate any package by using the barcode the USPS puts on it. Sounds like horsehockey to me. They also said a third party vendor handles their shipping...also bs, imo.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']In same boat, placed order on 8/5, supposedly "sent" 8/16 and nothing to this date.[/QUOTE]

Did you hear anything yet?

Sent an e-mail explaining my situation, and these are their replies

Reply 1:

Hi Joe,

They haven't been able to locate it. The quickest thing would be for us to airmail it you with tracking and that way they can keep searching for it. Its not worth that much so not that big of a deal to reship the thing with tracking to you.

Is any one there to sign for things? If not they will waive the signature.
---
I'm a bit hesitant, but I can't find the CE or reg. edition for $20 anywhere else, so I stupidly reply "ok, will this cost me extra?"

Their next e-mail:

No cost to you. We have couple extra laying around so no big deal as usps will eventually find the first one, it comes back here or deliver it to you in which case we will send a paid box to ship it back.

I will print a new invoice and put it in the shipment box so the packer can pack another one and send it on its way. You will get a new email but it will come with a tracking and notification that signature is required.
---

So now I'm just waiting for them to either mail me the thing, or an e-mail with a tracking number. If I waited this long, what's another week or two....

What bugs me is they mention to me they have a few more of them [Saint's Row 2], yet the game is marked "sold out" on their website. Weird huh?

bread's done
Back