Anyone else having PS3 power down issues now?

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I have noticed now that when I hold down my power button to power down that the system does not completely power down anymore? It shuts down but I can still hear the hard drive spinning. Also the light on my Eye Toy stays blue now even with the system off. The only way to completely shut it down is to flip the switch on the back and then turn it back on. It is then completely powered down with just the red light. I have tried unplugging the Eye Toy and it made no difference. Also this is without the controller plugged in. However I do have a Pelican adapter plugged in (for my PS2 DDR controllers). I used to not have this problem but it started a couple weeks ago. Anyone else have this or an answer of how to fix it?

Sorry, can't help you. The only time my PS3's ever been off was last month when the F@H client bug was locking it up, and that was via the hard switch (front panel didn't work).

I noticed some noise when powered off also. It's because the wireless light was on. I turned off the switch in the back and turn it back on, viola no sound.

[quote name='Safero']Do you have remote play on?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do. However I had it on before two weeks ago and it never did this.

I have actually figured it out. Apparently if you hold down your finger on the power button until you hear the first beep and then release it then the hard drive will continue to spin and the system will continue to run in a low power state. I assume this would be useful if you want to continue to charge your controller. If you hold down the power button continuously after the first beep until it shuts down it will actually completely shut down. The remote play does not have any affect on this as you can still fire up remote play even when the system is completely shut down (as long as the back power switch is on).

Well I was wrong. I tried my method again tonight and it did not shut down all the way even though I held the power button the whole time. Very strange...

I tried the controller last night and got the same result. I am guessing I am not the only one who is experiencing this. You would have to put your ear right by the PS3 to hear the drive still spinning. The only way I noticed is that the Eye Toy blue light still stays on after you "shut down". I am guessing this little quirk happened after a firmware update because it never used to do this.

[quote name='TimPV3']I always assumed this was because Remote Start was on, hence the wifi light showing green.[/quote]

That sounds right. I have no clue why he is having that problem. Only problem I've had is the controller acting strange at times. Like it don't work all of a sudden or in uncharted he started running around when I did't hit anything :lol:

bread's done
Back