anyone else having XBOX live issues?

Drnick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
hey all, just got my elite (not a falcon :whistle2:(.....) and trying to setup Xbox live.. i'm having tons of issues, I feel they are on microsoft's end but i'm not sure. it keeps saying "xbox live unavailable" during the setup process, but it would happen at different times. a few times it gave me an error code of 80072746 and said to check xbox.com/support . I did that and searched for the error and found nothing, google wasn't much help either.

now I tried it again (doing the network tests) and everything passes just fine except when it hits the Xbox Live test, it fails. and udner error status report it gave this:

W: 0000-0008
X: 0000-000D
Y: OC88-1C00
Z: 0000-0000

anyone have any ideas? I did the pot forwarding in my router and set my Xbox to a static IP (I know what i'm doing from a network point of view so I'm pretty sure its not on my end)

any ideas? or is Xbox live being hit hard by people (like me) who just opened their 360's ;-)

Yea, just keep trying.
Microsoft has been having problems today and just this last saturday involving XBL. You'll eventually sign in.

Can't believe M$ is doing such a poor job dealing with the new users signing on. Girlfriend and I just were disconected and I'm positive its M$ just like last weekend.
WTF

yeah i got rock band and my 360 would sign in on the dashboard, but as soon as i would start rock band it would disconnect, then not reconnect again.

Was in the middle of some Halo 3 co-op and i got dis-fucking-connected. fucking MS, we're paying $50 a year for this shit and what do we get in return?

billy.jpg

[quote name='MikeydCT']I been losing connection in team fortress 2. Is it live or the game suck?[/quote]I think it's Live for sure. I never used to have problems connecting to Live, but these past two days have been odd. I thought it was just me, but lots of people have been reporting to have issues as well.

What the hell is wrong with xbox live I have been having so much trouble with it over the past few days. Does anyone have a clue as to the hell is going on? We should get a month free of xbox live or something

Ya know, a day or 2 of technical issues I can tolerate. I can understand. Seriously.
But it's been a few days, nearly a week now.

C'mon now.

Hmmm... I got an email saying, "Expiration Notification for Xbox Live Prepaid 12 Month Gold Membership Card" today in my inbox. I really love LIVE and went it works, it totally kicks ass... but... I'm having real trouble coughing up the dough for a service that has been running this poorly. I'm hoping the issues are resolved while I look for a deal on a LIVE sub.

[quote name='valor19']Hmmm... I got an email saying, "Expiration Notification for Xbox Live Prepaid 12 Month Gold Membership Card" today in my inbox. I really love LIVE and went it works, it totally kicks ass... but... I'm having real trouble coughing up the dough for a service that has been running this poorly. I'm hoping the issues are resolved while I look for a deal on a LIVE sub.[/QUOTE]

It's $3 - $4 a month.....not a whole lot of "dough"

[quote name='valor19']Hmmm... I got an email saying, "Expiration Notification for Xbox Live Prepaid 12 Month Gold Membership Card" today in my inbox. I really love LIVE and went it works, it totally kicks ass... but... I'm having real trouble coughing up the dough for a service that has been running this poorly. I'm hoping the issues are resolved while I look for a deal on a LIVE sub.[/quote]

true, knock a whole service because of a couple of days of it being screwy. Its the right thing to do.

It seems like Microsoft wasn't prepared for the number of people who got 360s for Christmas and are now trying to use XBL.

I'd sure like to play newly BC games but noooo, I don't get to. Back to God of War 2.

[quote name='TFN']true, knock a whole service because of a couple of days of it being screwy. Its the right thing to do.[/QUOTE]

I was pointing out the fact that I got the notification of it expiring just when it starts to run like shit. I enjoy LIVE and I can't imagine having a 360 without it. However, them sending me that notification was a real kick in the junk. I'm appreciative of all you guys running in here to defend MS though.

[quote name='gsr']It's $3 - $4 a month.....not a whole lot of "dough"[/quote]

$50/12 is not $3-$4 a month.

$50/12 = $4.17 (thanks to rounding) a month.

[quote name='valor19']Hmmm... I got an email saying, "Expiration Notification for Xbox Live Prepaid 12 Month Gold Membership Card" today in my inbox. I really love LIVE and went it works, it totally kicks ass... but... I'm having real trouble coughing up the dough for a service that has been running this poorly. I'm hoping the issues are resolved while I look for a deal on a LIVE sub.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely wait until the issues are fully resolved before renewing. No point in paying for it right now while it's still being problematic.

There are hints on the x-box forums that it wouldn't be 100% back to normal until the end of the month (but those could just be people making stuff up).

So definitely a good idea to shop around for a deal on a card, and not activate it until things are back to normal.

[quote name='valor19']I was pointing out the fact that I got the notification of it expiring just when it starts to run like shit. I enjoy LIVE and I can't imagine having a 360 without it. However, them sending me that notification was a real kick in the junk. I'm appreciative of all you guys running in here to defend MS though.[/QUOTE]

You make me sick Sony Fanboi. This is why yer on my avoided player list for 360.

QUIT HARASSING ME ON LIVE!!!

[quote name='Bigsauce']You make me sick Sony Fanboi. This is why yer on my avoided player list for 360.

QUIT HARASSING ME ON LIVE!!![/QUOTE]

Wait... didn't we play COD4 just minutes ago? And if you are here.. who is watching the OTT over at MLG?

bread's done
Back