Anyone else hitting up TRU to get a Wii?

stilldontlikeyou

CAG Veteran
Just seeing if anyone else here on the board is going to Toys R Us to get a Wii this Sunday morning??? I am sooo excited I have been looking forever! They better not pull some bullcrap and say I gotta buy GH3 with it, I only have $275, enough for the Wii itself.....Is 8am to early to line up?

doesn't the store open at 8am? I don't know about your area but the lines can form around as early as 6am over here. If you REALLY want one get there as early as possible.

You aren't a newbie, so you aren't that new.

Can you read? Because I don't think you can, and I think that is your problem.

[quote name='bigdaddy']You aren't a newbie, so you aren't that new.

Can you read? Because I don't think you can, and I think that is your problem.[/quote]

Chilll man, he apologized. And he is new. Jan 08

[quote name='stilldontlikeyou']Just seeing if anyone else here on the board is going to Toys R Us to get a Wii this Sunday morning??? I am sooo excited I have been looking forever! They better not pull some bullcrap and say I gotta buy GH3 with it, I only have $275, enough for the Wii itself.....Is 8am to early to line up?[/quote]

um, i'd say if anything, 8am is too late.

get there at 7

You guys are assholes, go to bed if you're tired.

Anyhow, this should be in the Wii section.

Last week I got to CC at 5am for their 10am opening to get a Wii. I was the only person in line until 6:30, anyone who got there before about 7:45 got one (they had 14 total).

[quote name='Halo05']You guys are ass

Last week I got to CC at 5am for their 10am opening to get a Wii. I was the only person in line until 6:30, anyone who got there before about 7:45 got one (they had 14 total).[/quote]

I think 6 would guaranteed you one...

you should check targets for wii's. they had a shipment on tuesday -- it's not advertised or on the shelves. you just have to ask someone for it. i was able to pick one up on tuesdays and my co-workers each got one on wednesday. the electronics person said they had a lot in stock.

you should check targets for wii's. they had a shipment on tuesday -- it's not advertised or on the shelves. you just have to ask someone for it. i was able to pick one up on tuesday around 3:30pm and my co-workers each got one on wednesday around 2pm. the electronics person said they had a lot in stock.

[quote name='FlamingMoogles']Chilll man[/quote]

I like when people tell me to "chill' when I'm perfectly calm, and to go to bed when I'm not tired at all.

If he's been here a month he should no the deal form is for... DEALS! Wow! What a crazy thought!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I have enough old systems gaining dust, why would I need a Wii?[/QUOTE]

Because Wii is the new black. Therefore if you don't have one then you suck.

[quote name='Halo05']You guys are assholes, go to bed if you're tired.

Last week I got to CC at 5am for their 10am opening to get a Wii. I was the only person in line until 6:30, anyone who got there before about 7:45 got one (they had 14 total).[/quote]

So were there alot of people that got turned away or are the lines starting to get a little smaller now?

Wow, if this thread isn't riddled with cliches.

"Haha Wii sucks. LOL"
"This isn't a deal. In for a kajillion."

For all the complaining about this not being a deal, the actual deal forum sure is clogged as fuck with YMMV deals with the majority of people saying "Not at my store" The Wii will actually be at TRU this Sunday. That Wii that someone found for $10 labelled "Starbust 10oz" won't be there.

[quote name='Derrick1979']So were there alot of people that got turned away or are the lines starting to get a little smaller now?[/QUOTE]

Maybe 5-7 people arrived after we knew the number and didn't stick around. I also saw a few disgruntled people show up at like 10:10 (after the store was open) and ask about the stack of Wiis near the registers.

However, I never waited in line for a Wii before so I don't know what it was like in November/December.

I work at TRU and we (my store) usually dont sell out until a couple hours after open. Heck, sometimes we even have them for a couple of days before they sell out.

Whooo Hoo

Got my Wii from TRU this morning.. First time poster here.. Thanks Everyone.. Sawmill Rd TRU in Columbus Ohio had 48 Wii's I was #20. About 100 people in line by 10AM. I got there at 8AM.

Thanks Everyone for the info!

-Jason

bread's done
Back