Anyone else think Eli Manning is a douche?

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I hope he turns out to be a bust in the NFL. If you do not want a team to draft you, tell them ahead of time instead of having your dad do your dirty work.

At least Peyton went to the team he was drafted even though they blew

But then again, with all the money he just made, he could be a cheap ass gamer for life. . . there are some advantages to being a whiney bitch. . .

[quote name='guyver2077']i thought he informed the chargers not to draft him[/quote]

He made his daddy do that. Archie was behind it all from the start. Be a man and if you do not want them to draft you tell them yourself and quit being a puppet.

it must suk to be a charger fan....damn knowing he didnt wanna play on that team...chargers gonna be mad if they play against him...

I do agree that is an excellent deal for the Chargers, but still to have someone tell you that is a little wrong

Also why in the hell would you want to play in the toughest division in the NFL? The Cowboys and Eagles have top 10 defenses and the Redskins will have a great one this year(Joe Gibbs will make his team play like Marty had them in his one year there)

I heard the story was that dad wanted the 2 sons to met in the superbowl and not eliminate one another by being in the same conference.

I think this is BS, and NFL or any professional league should make a stand on this. Whats the use of the draft, if a team cant draft the player they want. Im not a charger fan but I hope the worst on Eli.. may you break your throwing arm :evil:

Yeah, this whole thing makes me sick, too. I'm also not a Charger fan, but I'd love to see them become contenders now without Eli, and see his career mirror Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf.

Anybody remember when John Elway pulled this same crap coming out of college? He said at the time that if Indy drafted him, he wouldn't play. I think his threat was that he'd play baseball instead of football for the Colts. I may be wrong, but I think the Yankees owned the rights to him in baseball.

[quote name='FlipSide']I think this is BS, and NFL or any professional league should make a stand on this. Whats the use of the draft, if a team cant draft the player they want. Im not a charger fan but I hope the worst on Eli.. may you break your throwing arm :evil:[/quote]

No need to make a stand, if Eli sat out the season it would only be bad for him. No player in their right mind would do that. Besides, wouldnt he have just been eligible for the draft again after that, kinda like that Yankees/now Cowboys Qb? Hed be straight back to the chargers

You guys may think I'm biased because I'm from NY, but I don't care very much about football. I agree that in a perfect world you should pay for the team that drafts you, but it is a free country, and he can do whatever he wants. Remember when Eric Lindros refused to sign with whoever it was, he made good on his threat to sit out the entire year. Which was his perrogative, since he hadn't signed a contract. San Diego realized it was better for the organization to get someone who wanted to play rather than have Manning sit out a year.

I don't know where you are coming from regarding his dad doing the dirty work. San Diego was told officially of his desire not to be drafted by them through his agent, and unofficially from his dad, who is an advisor and a former NFL player with experience in these matters. That's sounds pretty normal to me. There really is no protocol even for Eli Manning to have spoken to the chargers himself directly....before the draft he was not affiliated with the team in any way. Your agent does the talking. And it's not as if he was suggesting in any way that his dad and agent were not representing his interests. It's clear he himself did not want to play for San Diego.

Yeah, draft picks are just prospects. They're not guaranteed to make the team or even play. I still think it's pretty lame he didn't want to go to the Chargers. Regardless of the situation with Peyton or his family, you would still think if he was as good as everyone says, he'd love to go to a losing team and try to turn it around.

Yes, I think he is a major douche!

The fact that he wants to pick and choose his draft team implies that he thinks he is God's gift to football when he is nothing more than a spoiled rich kid with a famous name.

Draftees should come into the league, establish themselves and then let their NFL record do the talking.

He bitched up! If he was a real qb he would have wanted the challege of makeing the chargers good. But he knew the family name was on the line, so he went some were their wasnt as much preasure for him. I hope he never gets to play one goddamn game for the nfl.

In the end, it is his choice; however, it still looks bad. When you have your family inform the league/team that you don't want to play for a team, that's kinda weak. In fact, I find it surprising that a QB with his his talent/leadership skills wouldn't want to try to turn around a team like SD. The guys have a borderline potent offense, and just one or two decent additions could make them a threat.

All he needed to do was play there until the end of his contract, then go to another team like 5 years later if they sucked like most players do anyway. Hate to break it to Eli, but the NY market is the toughest in the league. Giant fans in attendance at the draft booed him like no other.

I didn't see the draft myself but I read that they booed because San Diego chose him....and then were cheering when the trade to the Giants was annouced. Is that not correct?

[quote name='manofpeace20']All he needed to do was play there until the end of his contract, then go to another team like 5 years later if they sucked like most players do anyway. Hate to break it to Eli, but the NY market is the toughest in the league. Giant fans in attendance at the draft booed him like no other.[/quote]

Archie Manning is a voice of experience, more than just the kid's dad. He played behind some suspect offensive lines and took more than his share of hits, and saw that his son would have had to do the same if he played for the Chargers. He did what any father would have done. The fact that the media even knows about Archie's involvement speaks to the betrayal of confidence that the Chargers organization exhibited by making public what was supposed to be a private exchange. Either way, both teams got exactly what they wanted. The Chargers forced the Giants to greatly overpay for Eli based almost exclusively on his pedigree, which is far and away his greatest asset at this stage. The Giants got their man, whatever the cost. Time will tell if it was worth it for the Giants, though I'm sure that the Chargers will just squander their newly acquired draft picks on overrated talent (ahem, Ryan Leaf, ahem). But none of this is Eli Manning's fault. The worst you can say about him is that he's kind of goofy looking ...

[quote name='manofpeace20']All he needed to do was play there until the end of his contract, then go to another team like 5 years later if they sucked like most players do anyway. Hate to break it to Eli, but the NY market is the toughest in the league. Giant fans in attendance at the draft booed him like no other.[/quote]

Uhh, he HAD NO contract. The Giants have somewhat of a chance of being a playoff contender, the Chargers have somewhat of a chance of winning 4 games. You can't blame the guy for wanting to have a chance at success. And noone knows who initially told the Chargers; it was all behind closed doors. It's San Diego's own fault for letting it go public.

Alas, this is all moot in the wake of great men such as Pat Tillman

[quote name='"jshorr"']I didn't see the draft myself but I read that they booed because San Diego chose him....and then were cheering when the trade to the Giants was annouced. Is that not correct?

[quote name='"manofpeace20"']All he needed to do was play there until the end of his contract, then go to another team like 5 years later if they sucked like most players do anyway. Hate to break it to Eli, but the NY market is the toughest in the league. Giant fans in a

Correct, place went crazy after the trade.

Eli is a bitch. The Eagles will stomp all over him. Jevon Kearse will put him in his place and his daddy won't be there to help him. McNabb and Owens will then fu(k his mom while he watches and cries like a whiny bitch. Booooooong. Then McDougle will shit in his mouth. Go Eagles and Miami Hurricanes. FSU is a bunch of bitches like Eli, UF too. Thanks for letting me rant. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!

[quote name='edtinney']Eli is a bitch. The Eagles will stomp all over him. Jevon Kearse will put him in his place and his daddy won't be there to help him. McNabb and Owens will then fu(k his mom while he watches and cries like a whiny bitch. Booooooong. Then McDougle will shit in his mouth. Go Eagles and Miami Hurricanes. FSU is a bunch of bitches like Eli, UF too. Thanks for letting me rant. E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!![/quote]

? nice post cool guy

Im a semi chargers fan.
I think gettign a QB was ill advised to begin with, they should have drafted or traded to acquire some all-pro level Olinemen.
I dont think the QB matters until you have a good enough line to keep him from getting his teeth knocked otu every play.
Brees is good enough to help them to at least 500.
They have loads of problems and drafting another QB isnt goign to make a single games improvement to their record next season.

I actually have a feeling a draftee telling the potential drafting team he doesnt want to be there happens more often, it just doesnt get made public.
And whomever refferred to ryan leaf as overrated as if that were chargers fault, there was a good amount of indecision regarding who was the better prospect between leaf and manning that year.
I dont know how all the supposedly intense predraft scrutiny teams put players through somehow missed the fact that everybody at wsu hated leaf cause he was the ultimate douche.

My two cents.

Eli--I have no prob stating (or through his family) his desires.

San Diago--i Haveno prob drafting a guy that may not sign.

Giants-I have no prob them seeking publicity

while it may leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths, seems like really everyone kinda one. San Diego really didn't want the first draft pick (as they have messed up in the past) Eli didn't want to play at SD, Giants wanted Eli. San Diego got the best deal I think with lots of extra draft picks (that they really need) they also got a young qb for the future that most rate just as high as ELi. Eli gets his wishes.. maybe it works out, maybe he blows out his new on the hard NY turf in November who knows. Giants.. They look like 'playas' and will look like geniuses if Eli pans out.. will be fucked if Eli gets punished like collins did last year with that horrific 0-line they have.

I don't think anyone should get so upset with Eli though... how many of y ou/us have absolutly no choice as to where we are going to live/work? I know I can pick and choose basically wherever and with whomever I desire in my profession, If a place is really messed up I can choose not to go there.. not so with these draftees..

I guess alot of you don't listen to espn radio. They said what actually happened was the chargers couldn't reach a deal with ELI initially so they contacted Archie to try and convince his son to sign. After a few days of broken negotitations, archie decided to say what he said.

kinda off Eli but on ESPN radio.. I listened to the draft on radio as I was in the car.. if that isn't something that is totatally bizarre and 'made for tv' its the draft.

douche (n.)
1. a. A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes.
b. A stream of air applied in a similar way.
2. The application of a douche.
3. An instrument for applying a douche.

Eli Manning, therefore, is not a douche. Would you perhaps like to select a word that better fits the concept you had in mind?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I do agree that is an excellent deal for the Chargers, but still to have someone tell you that is a little wrong

Also why in the hell would you want to play in the toughest division in the NFL? The Cowboys and Eagles have top 10 defenses and the Redskins will have a great one this year(Joe Gibbs will make his team play like Marty had them in his one year there)[/quote]

VERY good deal for the chargers. giants are dumb enough to send a 1st round next year. think about it. the eagles, redskins and cowboys are good. they play all 3 teams twice. you assume its all losses so thats 6 total losses and with that they might go 4-6 with the remaining schedule and end up 4-12. chargers might get lucky and have the first pick of the draft next year.

remember couple years ago they traded the #1(eventually vick) for the #5(tomlinson) and a second round pick. this year they traded Eli for #4, and 5th round pick and a 1st round next year. they got more out of this trade knowing eli didnt want to go to san diego.

[quote name='eldad9']douche (n.)
1. a. A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes.
b. A stream of air applied in a similar way.
2. The application of a douche.
3. An instrument for applying a douche.

Eli Manning, therefore, is not a douche. Would you perhaps like to select a word that better fits the concept you had in mind?[/quote]

Only a douche would write such a douchey post.

I don't know what Eli and his family are thinking... How can they change the draft? Stop being a cry baby Eli, if its a bad team, try and improve it... The giants got screwed anyways. Unless this guy plays EXCELLENT football starting for NY, it will hurt him seriously. They have no veteran QB's because they stupidly got rid of Kerry Collins, so if he doesn't do well he'll get torn up by the NY press. I think Eli is indeed a douche. As is Archie.

[quote name='Danimal']Yeah, this whole thing makes me sick, too. I'm also not a Charger fan, but I'd love to see them become contenders now without Eli, and see his career mirror Rick Mirer or Ryan Leaf.

Anybody remember when John Elway pulled this same crap coming out of college? He said at the time that if Indy drafted him, he wouldn't play. I think his threat was that he'd play baseball instead of football for the Colts. I may be wrong, but I think the Yankees owned the rights to him in baseball.[/quote]

...and no one thinks of Elway as the guy who wouldn't allow himself to be drafted by Indy. So if Eli makes a name for himself, none of this will matter 10 years from now.

Elway did it himself and blatently stated I will not play for your team. Manning had his daddy do it. Thats why I have respect for John Elway and none for Eli

well, as a person from Mississippi, and a fan of Ole Miss, i like Eli. I woulda liked him as a Charger, and will like him as a Giant. I dont really care that he didnt want to play for the Chargers. What if he just didnt like the chargers. If i got drafted by a team that i truely didnt like, i wouldnt want to play for em.

I'm just glad to see him in the NFL.

bread's done
Back