Anyone else think that Aqua Teen: Season 4 was the worst yet?

jeffreyjrose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Seasons 1 and 2 are hilarious. However, I only enjoyed about 3/4 of the episodes in season 3, and only like 2-3 episodes in season 4. Will the movie play back to the series' roots?

When you only release 3 episodes for one season, it's hard for it to be any good. The wiki says the recent episodes are also season four despite the year between episodes. Either way, it was horrible. If it weren't for the first two seasons or so of episodes, this show would be nearing 12 Oz. Mouse (thank god that was cancelled) levels of awfulness.

[quote name='Dante Devil']What happened to Venture Brothers? Harvey Birdman?[/quote]
Venture Brothers is probably getting another season and I doubt Harvey will be making a return.

However, I've only seen a few of the episodes from this season, but what I saw was decent.

As for the rest of the Adult Swim there are some great shows on it still. I love Tim and Eric and Frisky Dingo was great. I enjoyed 12 oz. Mouse as well, but it's understandable when people tell me they hate these shows, they get pretty ridiculous.

Edit:
Saul of the Molemen is god awful, forgot to mention that.

[quote name='willardhaven']I rather enjoyed handbanana, ezekial and global grilling.[/quote]

Yeah, Global Grilling, Boost Mobile, and Dirtfoot were enjoyable.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Venture Brothers is probably getting another season and I doubt Harvey will be making a return.

However, I've only seen a few of the episodes from this season, but what I saw was decent.

As for the rest of the Adult Swim there are some great shows on it still. I love Tim and Eric and Frisky Dingo was great. I enjoyed 12 oz. Mouse as well, but it's understandable when people tell me they hate these shows, they get pretty ridiculous.

Edit:
Saul of the Molemen is god awful, forgot to mention that.[/quote]
Venture Brothers is coming back late next year. Where the other shows are can be found here.

Saul of the Mole Men, Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, Frisky Dingo, and Metalocalypse are great.

Aqua Teen and Sea Lab both seem to have gotten worse as time progressed. However, I do not know if its a result of the show or the humor showing no real progression. At least Sea Lab went from subtle, arbitrary, quasi-Conan humor to blant acerbic humor, but one can only write so many different plot scenarios about an underwater research facility.

Their lineup right now is really bad... I used to watch AS every night without fail but have skipped weeks at a time lately. When Boondocks, Robot Chicken and Shin Chan come back it will be great... til then...bleh. Metalocalypse is terrible.

Sea Lab jumped the shark after season I, after Harry Goz died. Without Captain Murphy that show just blew. BUT...Season I is some of the best cartoon laughter out there.

ATHF was the kind of show that you knew, 2 seasons in, had run its course...kinda like Ren and Stimpy, its the kinda show that couldn't last because you realize the entire show is goofin on Carl and Meatwad. Now its just rehashing the Mooninites and so on, its kinda had its 15 minutes.

Venture Brothers exploded in Season 2, so you know for sure that is coming back....that show is now very much in the spotlight....which means that Season III may suck :p Lets hope they can keep it up.....so many shows never really survive their Junior year.....

I also have to admit to liking Harvey Birdman, Squidibillies, and even...err..Tango and Cash? Turner and Hooch? Whatever the hell that show was.....I watched like 3 episodes, and all 3 had moments of goodness, tho I admit alot of Adult Swim is best served in small doses....a few episodes. I dont think I could watch Squidbillies over and over and over, every episode.....

[quote name='HeadRusch']Venture Brothers exploded in Season 2, so you know for sure that is coming back....thats probably the smartest written show on TV since, well, ever. Its just brilliant stuff.

Compared to, say, South Park which I haven't even found *watchable* since Season I....[/QUOTE]

Me and the guy in your avatar have alot in common.

Adult Swim itself jumped the shark. I never really dug more than a handful of Aqua Teen episodes, but I could see why people would like it. But just about everything else on their schedule is either God awful or completely re-aired to shit. I went from watching it or atleast turning it on in the background 4-5 nights a week to only turning it on if somebody tells me a good episode of something is on at that moment.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Nothing beats a ship made of dicks.[/QUOTE]Who wouldn't want wall-to-wall dick carpeting?

Yeahhh Season 4 sucked horrible dick. I'm really glad I bought it for my friend's birthday instead of for myself. I'd hate it if I kept such crap in my collection. I own the first three and I think that might be the last I own of ATHF. Bring on Metalocalypse on DVD, bitches!

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Seasons 1 and 2 are hilarious. However, I only enjoyed about 3/4 of the episodes in season 3, and only like 2-3 episodes in season 4. Will the movie play back to the series' roots?[/quote]

ATHF jumped the shark in season 4. It's a worthless gore and shock fest now. The insults between Carl and the Aqua Teens were the bread and butter of the show, then they come out with BS like Dickesode and Handbanana. You can tell they mailed it in after season three because they had no idea where to go with the show or that it would become as popular as it became. They figured they could do whatever they want and people would eat it up. They are finding out people don't have time for their BS PR stunts or DVD shenanigans. All they are doing is alienating fans before a theatrical release. I used to watch ATHF ALL the time and now I don't even care if it is on.

HeadRusch, Harvey Birdman is one of the few shows that AS does that they put actual work, writing, and thought into. That is why it is consistently good. Frankly, Birdman and Venture Bros. are by far the best original programming they have with Boondocks being third. It isn't even close.

[quote name='kittycatgirl2k']Their lineup right now is really bad... I used to watch AS every night without fail but have skipped weeks at a time lately. When Boondocks, Robot Chicken and Shin Chan come back it will be great... til then...bleh. Metalocalypse is terrible.[/quote]

kittycatgirk2k you are 100% correct. Shin Chan does shocking behavior the right way.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']ATHF jumped the shark in season 4. It's a worthless gore and shock fest now. The insults between Carl and the Aqua Teens were the bread and butter of the show, then they come out with BS like Dickesode and Handbanana. You can tell they mailed it in after season three because they had no idea where to go with the show or that it would become as popular as it became. They figured they could do whatever they want and people would eat it up. They are finding out people don't have time for their BS PR stunts or DVD shenanigans. All they are doing is alienating fans before a theatrical release. I used to watch ATHF ALL the time and now I don't even care if it is on.

HeadRusch, Harvey Birdman is one of the few shows that AS does that they put actual work, writing, and thought into. That is why it is consistently good. Frankly, Birdman and Venture Bros. are by far the best original programming they have with Boondocks being third. It isn't even close.

kittycatgirk2k you are 100% correct. Shin Chan does shocking behavior the right way.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I became a big fan and own the first 4 dvds, I highly enticipated the new line up after the episode of when Carl watches meatwads toys.

They first few were good, then it took another small break only to allow dickesode and several other that really put the show to shame. Just lacking creativity imo.

bread's done
Back