Anyone else think that this is the best season of the Shield?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
with one kid already, a second on the way, and a good marriage I doubt that will happen. I thought Lem would be the one to eat a bullet as he is single and aside from the Strike team he really had no one else.
[/QUOTE]

I dont think Vick can kill shane though thats the only prob and Shane has to pay, story wise he is not a character that can get away with it. I just need more episodes ASAP

Here's what i'm thinking, Shane will either gonna get killed or get pinched by Cavanugh or maybe even Dutch when they find out and he resists and from there is a showdown between Mackey and whoever that is. The other scenerio is Vic going too far with the El Salvadorans (sp?) looking for Lem's killer and probably kills Amoia (sp?) and what not...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
what really sucks is it was shane's fault this all happened to begin with.

Vic really proved how loyal he was to his team members this season though.
[/QUOTE]

Ahh but you could also say that if Lem hadn't burned the money train money then as soon as internal affairs turned up the heat they could have just disappeared

The first thing I said to my friends was that the situation made it tough to hate Shane about it because his hand was forced. I definetly liked Lem more than Shane (who wouldn't?) but you have to admit this whole thing has set this apart from just about EVERY show on TV at this point.

did anyone think that last nights finale was good, not great. It felt like a regular show, not one of there finales. I know that this season they have like 22 episodes, and this show was split from the 22 episodes, but nothing shocking really happened.

[quote name='ryanbph']did anyone think that last nights finale was good, not great. It felt like a regular show, not one of there finales. I know that this season they have like 22 episodes, and this show was split from the 22 episodes, but nothing shocking really happened.[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious. That was probably one of the most shocking moments in Shield history. They've killed plenty of people but never one of their own, hell they've never even considered it, even when the money train money went up in smoke. Don't give me that Terry bullshit either, he wasn't one of their own he was a rat. You could see what happened coming during the entire scene but when it did happen it was still a shock.

I can't wait to see where this Billings and Dutch as partners goes. Every scene was hilarous with them last night.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You can't be serious. That was probably one of the most shocking moments in Shield history. They've killed plenty of people but never one of their own, hell they've never even considered it, even when the money train money went up in smoke. Don't give me that Terry bullshit either, he wasn't one of their own he was a rat. You could see what happened coming during the entire scene but when it did happen it was still a shock.

I can't wait to see where this Billings and Dutch as partners goes. Every scene was hilarous with them last night.[/quote]

QFT...I also loved the part where Dutch puts his newfound pimpology to practice. He'll be seeing the red panties again real soon.

Any Shield fans gonna try out Thief next week? I know I am.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Ahh but you could also say that if Lem hadn't burned the money train money then as soon as internal affairs turned up the heat they could have just disappeared

The first thing I said to my friends was that the situation made it tough to hate Shane about it because his hand was forced. I definetly liked Lem more than Shane (who wouldn't?) but you have to admit this whole thing has set this apart from just about EVERY show on TV at this point.
[/QUOTE]

he burned the cash after what happened with Mara and finding out the money was marked. Shane and his idiotic ways of hiding the money were the cause of his actions (leaving the key out, using his cop alias, etc.)

plus it was Shane who solicited Lem for help after the Angie incident and Shane was the reason Taevon got fucked up like crazy and again they used Lem as leverage to get Shane out of the problem.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']he burned the cash after what happened with Mara and finding out the money was marked. Shane and his idiotic ways of hiding the money were the cause of his actions.

plus it was Shane who solicited Lem for help after the Angie incident[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you needed to spoiler that considering its a few years old now. Anyway, didn't they have a plan in place to launder the money anyway? I can't remember for sure because its been a while since I watched it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm not sure you needed to spoiler that considering its a few years old now. Anyway, didn't they have a plan in place to launder the money anyway? I can't remember for sure because its been a while since I watched it.[/QUOTE]

yea that is why I took it off.

Basically they had a plan to launder money, but it was complicated. I can't remember all the details other than they were laundering it in a special way so that they would get a bigger return. I think the marking of the funds put a kink in this, but like you I don't really remember.

They were going to use the realator that one of the drug dealers (The one that got the Mexican Cross from Armadillo) they were protecting used. They were going to buy a bunch of properties, and later sell them and get their cash back.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You can't be serious. That was probably one of the most shocking moments in Shield history. They've killed plenty of people but never one of their own, hell they've never even considered it, even when the money train money went up in smoke. Don't give me that Terry bullshit either, he wasn't one of their own he was a rat. You could see what happened coming during the entire scene but when it did happen it was still a shock.

I can't wait to see where this Billings and Dutch as partners goes. Every scene was hilarous with them last night.[/quote]
you could see that coming a mile away...the talks vic and shane had alone..shane facial actions, the way he has acted in the past towards lemme.....IMO the previous couple of weeks episodes were better then this one. To me it felt like a filler episode.
Yes, lem is dead. Yes the strike team killed one of its own. But one kinda knew going into the show lemme was dying, and the fight between vic and forrest at the end was a joke. There was a better fight between billings and dutch a couple seasons ago.

IMO it would have been better to end the season with the previous weeks episode, and had this episode for the first one next time.

they predicated this whole season on consience being a killer so they couldn't kill Lem next season. He had to go now, or it would have been lying to the auidence.

This foreshadowing from the promos is also what is making me think Shane is going to get killed since they foreshadowed that with Ronny and Vic walking side by side with Shane trailing behind. It could also mean that he is about to stab them in the back.

This post has spoilers up through the finale, but that's show history now :)

Damn fucking Shane! Have to agree that when Shane and Lem were talking solo it was pretty obvious that Lem might be about to eat it. I wasn't 100% sure and I also wasn't sure that it wasn't going to play out that Lem somehow saw it coming at the last minute and either wrestled a gun/etc away and then offed Shane or just took off and ran away. But it really did seem like Shane was going to make a go at him. Totally in character for him (strong characters is one of the very strongest points of the show.)

Didn't make it any less riveting of a scene for me, however. Most fans were probably watching that scene just like me - all tense thinking ooo man something's going to happen, Shane is definitely thinking about how all the problems go away if Lem dissapears...

Vic's line to the rat informant (can't remember her name) earlier in the epi 'If you had made different choices from the beginning none of us would be ripped up now' [might not be 100% accurate here] was also really really good.

I think I might agree with the thread title now. :mrgreen:

I also loved how the kept up some side plots even through this pivotal closing episode of the season arc. The ho and her pimp (although that did arc back around/possibly preview into upcoming epis) and finding out that the old captain owned the crappy vending machines. The old captain is really a great character in his own right. Really no weak characters or actors on the show out of any of the main cast.

Any word on if it's coming back for another season?

they had 23 or so on order...we just saw about 12 of them. I was originally scheduled to come back in the mid/early fall. We will see thief, and rescue me before it starts back up again. It might even be delayed untill jan next year, shaw ryan was going to use this break to decide if the last set of episodes will be the end of it, or if they will continue on after the next set of episodes. He originally went into the 23 episode arc planning on ending it, but I guess the joy of making it/ the sucess/ and viewership demand for more might have swayed him to continue on. We will probably know come mid summer if the next set of episodes is the end or not.

Ah okay. Yeah I checked tv.com and saw there were only 12 or something epis listed through last night and thought that seemed a little light.

It's my favorite show so I would love to see it keep going to a 6th season. But OTOH there is something to be said for a show going out on top of its game.

[quote name='klwillis45']QFT...I also loved the part where Dutch puts his newfound pimpology to practice. He'll be seeing the red panties again real soon.

Any Shield fans gonna try out Thief next week? I know I am.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,, I'm give thief a shot.... FX shows are usually pretty good. (shield, nip tuck, rescue me)

Shield is really the only show I watch religously... so hopefully thief can fill my void.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I plan on giving Thief a shot. It looks good and has a great cast[/quote]
Going to be watching thief, I just read it is only 6episodes though. That sucks.

Here is a very good interview with shawn ryan about the recent season, the future of the show, and characters.

Shield-Finale Scoop!

Still reeling from Lem's shocking death at the hands of Shane on Tuesday's explosive mid-season finale of The Shield? Well, you may want to brace yourself for another major loss: the show itself. In the following Q&A, series creator Shawn Ryan reveals why he decided to whack Lem, what other character made their final appearance on Tuesday, and whether Season 5's next 10 episodes — slated to debut in early 2007 — will be the cop drama's last.

Ausiello: First of all, this season has been insanely good. Phenomenal, in fact.

Shawn Ryan: Thank you very much.

Ausiello: But I have to ask — why'd you do that to poor Lem?

Ryan: We just started thinking in terms of the classic tragedy and we came up with this idea. I didn't really commit to it until right before Christmas, because I love Kenny Johnson so much as an actor and as a person, and I didn't want to do it if I felt like it was just for shock value. I felt like we had to earn it, and by the time we got to Christmas, we were like six, seven episodes in and I felt like we were earning it, that the episodes were coming out well. I felt like we could get there.

Ausiello: How did Kenny take the news?

Ryan: He took it like a real pro. The guy is rock solid. He was disappointed in the sense that, like most of the actors on our show, he knows that we have a special thing going and he likes being a part of it. He's definitely had an increased role this year, and that was about sort of building up to this moment and he understood that. I talked to him about other TV shows in history and how I thought this was possibly sort of an immortal moment for The Shield and something that he would be associated with — something that could be special and very long-lasting. So, he got that, but obviously he was disappointed to go. It was an emotional day for all off us when we filmed it.

Ausiello: How so?

Ryan: You didn't really want the evening to end because you knew when it did that Kenny was going to be done with the show. And we can feel the ending for all of us coming; Kenny was just the first sign. It was sort of impossible to ignore that we're not going to have the show forever. So I felt sad for him and I think all of us have realized that our time on the show may be coming to an end.

Ausiello: Have you made a decision about whether the next 10 episodes will be the last?

Ryan: No. Probably in the next couple of months. We're starting to write the first scripts and then probably in a couple of months we'll make a decision one way or the other.

Ausiello: Might the success of The Unit be a factor in your decision? (Ryan is an exec producer on The Unit.)

Ryan: No, it has nothing to do with it, really. I think if [The Unit] were to come back, we wouldn't start filming until the middle of July, which is right when we'd be finishing these 10 episodes of The Shield. So they wouldn't really conflict that much. Certainly, there's no scenario in which I'm going to have to pick one. I have the right and the ability with the companies that I work for to do both.

Ausiello: Are you leaning in a direction?

Ryan: You always end a season really exhausted, and when you do it's sort of harder…. I'm really proud of these 11 episodes that we did and I do think they were among the best that we've ever done. I worry about whether we can make more episodes of that quality. The fact that I'm sort of overworked and sick right now makes me lean toward ending it, but in a week or so I may be on the other side of the spectrum.

Ausiello: Would you consider bringing some Shield folks over to The Unit?

Ryan: Maybe. Obviously, there's a whole group of actors over here that I love. I don't know if I'd bring characters over, but maybe I would bring actors over.

Ausiello: Is January still the expected return date?

Ryan: It's possible that they could air in the 2006 calendar year, but I think the most likely scenario is that we will come back in January.

Ausiello: When do you go back into production?

Ryan: April 10.

Ausiello: You told me last month that there would be two departures in the finale. Who was the other one?

Ryan: Becca (Laura Harring), the lawyer. I think that's the last we'll see of her.

Ausiello: Will Forest Whitaker be back?

Ryan: He's going to come back and do some episodes in the final 10, yeah.

Ausiello: How many?

Ryan: At least two and possibly more.

Ausiello: And Anthony Anderson?

Ryan: I don't know yet. I'd love to [have him back], it just depends on whether we have a story for him.

Ausiello: And what about Glenn Close?

Ryan: Her daughter will be finishing high school this year, so maybe she'll free up for a week or two.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ausiello/AusielloReport/

bread's done
Back