Anyone else think the NGC has the best controller for RPGs?

Sk

CAGiversary!
I certainly do. You have a giant green action buttons, a red cancel button, and and two conveniently located secondary action buttons (the twin kidney beans).

I like the GC controllers the best period, and find them to work well for most games. Then again I'm not a die hard fighting game player, either.

well i like it because i dont like using the X button to confirm for PS2 RPGs since i am used to the setting for SNES RPGs. So yea NGC controller is great for RPGs.

Yeah, it works very well for RPG's. Action/Adventure/Platforming games as well. And I thought it was decent for Soul Calibur. It's definitely the most comforable of the controllers, if not the most useful.

It's good for RPGs and platformers, or basically any game where you press the same button a lot. Fighting games and FPSs, though, not so much.

If you need a big green button to know which one is the "ok" button and red one for a "no no" button then something is wrong with you :roll:

I don't know how there can be a "best" RPG controller, you need like two buttons for an RPG and rarely need it for fast action or things like that.

So...there is no "best" RPG controller IMO.

[quote name='wageslave']I like the GC controllers the best period, and find them to work well for most games. Then again I'm not a die hard fighting game player, either.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

I liked it alot for Soul Calibur II and it wasn't that bad for Capcom vs. SNK either. Besides, the hardcore have Hori sticks. ;)

No, the best controller ever is the Wavebird! I shall no long be chained by wires!

But yeah, GC's controllers are pretty nice for most geners (platformers, action, RPGs) but I don't like to all that much for fighting games.

My only problem with GC controllers (including the Wavebird) is that the fucking analog stick always has calibration problems. My Wavebird's gone nuts and is always acting as if the analog stick is all the way to the right. And my GC controllers (I'm on my third one already) always send a signal that I'm hold the analog stick all the way up. I tried recalibrating them but it doesn't help...

I find the Game Cube's controller to be the best out there right now.

All mine went haywire though, a la Vinny.

I don't see how any RPG is really controller intensive. :lol:

But it is my favorite controller for SC2. The others aren't even close.

However, when it comes to THPS I'm all about the DS2.

The gamecube controller does work very well for RPGs, but then again you only need to use one button and a joystick for most of an RPG.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Damn you stupid fucking GC fanboys! It's the worst fucking controller and playing an RPG instead of SSBM won't make it any better.[/QUOTE]
I'm not a GC fan boy. My xbox is my favorite console, then my game cube, and lastly my PS2. IMO my most favorite controller ever is the large XBOX controller (It feels good in my hands, but its understandable why others hate it). However as I posted a while ago, I think the NGC's controller rocks for RPGS and now that people mention it Platform games. It does suck for fighters.

[quote name='Vinny']No, the best controller ever is the Wavebird! I shall no long be chained by wires!

But yeah, GC's controllers are pretty nice for most geners (platformers, action, RPGs) but I don't like to all that much for fighting games.

My only problem with GC controllers (including the Wavebird) is that the fucking analog stick always has calibration problems. My Wavebird's gone nuts and is always acting as if the analog stick is all the way to the right. And my GC controllers (I'm on my third one already) always send a signal that I'm hold the analog stick all the way up. I tried recalibrating them but it doesn't help...[/QUOTE]
Yeah I only use the Wave Bird. I too have calibration problems with my controllers. I didn't know it was a common problem.

[quote name='Sk']I'm not a GC fan boy. My xbox is my favorite console, then my game cube, and lastly my PS2. IMO my most favorite controller ever is the large XBOX controller (It feels good in my hands, but its understandable why others hate it). However as I posted a while ago, I think the NGC's controller rocks for RPGS and now that people mention it Platform games. It does suck for fighters.[/QUOTE]

It sucks for fighters, with the two exceptions of SSBM and SC2.

The controller s is good for two things and two things only: racing and FPS.

The DS2 is a decent controller if you don't care about analog control. It's only really suited to THPS and fighting games.

bread's done
Back