Anyone else tired of this lockout talk?

theEchness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
94 (100%)
So I am SO tired of hearing all about the lockout and who's at fault. I don't care, how much the owners want back or how little the players get, i just want football. I am a HUGE fan of the NFL and I just want to talk some football. Let's get into the offseason, trades, free-agency, and the draft.

I'm a vikings fan, and we need a QB/WR/DB/OL....I know, and the list goes on. So let's start this offseason and get one or some. Talking trades and draft is way better than litigation.

And besides, if the deal was so bad, then why is everyone making money and the sport never been higher?

Thoughts?

Yeah, lockout talk is driving me nuts. Its overwhelming in my sports radio talk and in my twitter feed.

I don't know the facts from both camps, so i don't have much of an opinion. I just hope it does get settled in time, because no NFL season would be atrocious. :hot:

Either way, we would be drowned in meaningless top prospect draft pic stats talk - on how Cam Newton has a lower passing percentage when throwing in the sun than in the shade, etc etc etc.

What do you guys think about Adrien Peterson saying players are treated like "modern day slaves". Yowzers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-gives-readers-a-8220-Double-Ta?urn=nfl-wp206

That is a great post. I wouldn't use the term quite like that, but I just wish this whole thing was over. I mean, I saw this whole litigation thing coming since last year. I seems clear that neither side wanted to work whole-heartedly on a deal for the other. Neither side wants to do what is best for the league, just what is best for them.

I think you said it perfectly, atrocious. I can't imagine a Thanksgiving without the crappy lions and the do-nothing-wrong cowboys playing. For god's sakes it's the one time a year the lions make a national broadcast, except when Clavin Johnson gets screwed out a game-winning TD.

Oh there will be football alright. It will just be replacement players.

Like it or not, the NFL should be doing a lot more to take care of former players. The players at the top are making big bucks, but the guys who are out of the league in 3 years are broke and suffer health problems.

[quote name='62t']Oh there will be football alright. It will just be replacement players.
[/QUOTE]

Keanu%20Reeves%20289.jpg

Same. Tired of hearing about it. Thankfully the March Madness play in games start to night, so hopefully they NCAA tourney talk will put the lockout stuff back a little bit at least on game days.

Peterson is a clown... last I checked, no slaves were given 11 million a year to pick cotton. He should shut his mouth.

[quote name='62t']Oh there will be football alright. It will just be replacement players.

Like it or not, the NFL should be doing a lot more to take care of former players. The players at the top are making big bucks, but the guys who are out of the league in 3 years are broke and suffer health problems.[/QUOTE]

Which will be as much as a failure the last time they had replacement players.

The more I hear both sides of the argument, the less I care to watch the sport, honestly.

bread's done
Back