Anyone else worried about Transformers :Dark of the Moon?

tukai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I have been waiting for this game and pretty excited about it. Videos remind me of Transformers WFC which was a great game. However, no review are out and no hype at all. I pre-ordered it at GS and i normally never pay full price. The Sidewinder pre-order bonus pulled me in. He was my favorite Transformer growing up. I had also pre-ordered one for my son on Amazon so we can play online together. My gut tells me not to pick it up because no reviews never means a good thing. Anyone else consider buying this game?​

War for Cybertron was a pretty solid game, but I regret getting it right at release. The initial word of mouth was really good, and the campaign was indeed pretty fun (I actually finally finished it just last week), but I couldn't get into the multiplayer, and I never even tried the campaign co-op because none of my friends bought the game. Overall the game just didn't have legs. I'm sure I'll play Dark of the Moon eventually but not until the price has dropped significantly.

even a so so game that you can have fun w/your family is a good investment.

still, some games just don't seem like a CAG idea to pre order or pay MSRP when you know from experience it'll drop in price. I'm a diehard transformers fan but even I haven't picked up T:WFC yet. My buddy who bought it earlier hasn't even opened it. I was bummed out when I missed on the oppt to get Shockwave as a bonus character then...a few months later and all the preorder "exclusives" were available via DLC.

I'll pick it up when it's $19.99 as part of a B1G1 50% off or free etc.

I agree about the value of playing games with your family. My son 13, daughter 12 and I have been playing Tales of Vesperia together every day this summer. It's been a lot of fun. They beat it last summer but their save file got deleted. Now that's a great game

I'm not as worried about this one as the past games. WFC showed that High Moon "gets" the license and really have a fondness and respect for Transformers as a whole. The only thing I'm worried about is have they had enough time. I'm not sure considering a sequel to WFC is supposed to be out in 2012.

I was pretty pumped for this game since WFC is easily one of my two favorite competitive multiplayer games this generation with COD4 and High Moon was developing it. However these hands on impressions finally revealed that it's High Moon's "B" team developing DotM.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621666-transformers-dark-of-the-moon/59348499

DotM is missing key features from WFC such as co-op campaign and escalation. Multiplayer classes sound like they have less variety with universal kill streaks and shared abilities. There's usually a reason for not having an early demo or reviews like WFC, and the secondary development team is it. I'll probably wait until $15 or less on this one or just skip entirely and wait for the proper sequel with WFC 2 next year. At least WFC 2 should be great with 2 full years on it from the other team.

Sounds really lame. I had read that Escalation and co-op were out due to having to accelerate the dev cycle to get it out at the same time as the movie, but if the campaign isn't even developed by the same team as WFC... sounds pretty dire.

Way to squander the goodwill that War for Cybertron built up guys.

I've played through 4 of the 7 chapters in a couple hours, achieving most of the chapter-related achievements along the way. It's short, and nowhere near as good as WFC. It seems... clunkier. Also, the multiplayer seems about the same as WFC, but... clunkier. No co-op of any kind blows.

bread's done
Back