Anyone else's service get worse after actually paying for prime?

davyd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This might sound a little paranoid, but I've had 2 prime trials in the past, and over the dozens of preorders and orders that I placed during the trial, everything has either arrived on time or a day earlier than expected.

A few weeks ago my trial ran out and I decided to spring for the full year. I've now had 2 preorders arrive 2 days after release date (yes I selected release day delivery, they didn't ship the games until the day after I was supposed to have them.) Then just last week I placed an order for a dvd set and they shipped it out USPS. I received it in 4 days.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's like they give priority to prime members who are still within a trial to get them to actually subscribe. I guess it could be a coincidence, but 3 incidents within a few weeks when I've had no incidents in the past seems out of the ordinary.

The only time I didn't receive a package on time was when they were backordered. Gangs of New York just had a two week wait period and that is the only time in the 9 months I've had prime, that it didn't work as it was supposed to (Probably 30 or so orders). Also; all of my release-date deliveries arrived on schedule.

I have prime (not the trial) and I've yet to have any problems with any of my orders. My 2 day orders arrive in 2 days, when I sprang for the next-day shipping it arrived as such, and so on. I still haven't had the chance to try release-date delivery so I can't comment on that until a few weeks from now. Try contacting Amazon and asking what's up.

I've actually had the reverse experience, the last few things I've ordered arrived the next day! (Controller ordered last Wednesday; scheduled delivery Friday; arrived Thursday)

I haven't done a pre-order/release-date delivery in a while though. I would contact their customer service and see what they say about it (especially them shipping late)

[quote name='Shadowedge']I've actually had the reverse experience, the last few things I've ordered arrived the next day! (Controller ordered last Wednesday; scheduled delivery Friday; arrived Thursday)[/QUOTE]

That's been my experience as well. Ran a couple prime trials in the past and it was always 2 day shipping. Then in July I decided to buy a full year of prime and I've been receiving a lot of items in one day through OnTrac shipping. Never had that happen during my trials so I'm unsure why I'm having things shipped through OnTrac now (not that I'm complaining.)

yeah, Ontrac has moved into UPS's territory out here in Cali. I had a majority of my stuff shipped UPS with the occasional FedEX and USPS. Personally, I don't really care for Ontrac, They don't try and hide the stuff or ring the bell. Hell, I know the regular delivery people that deliver except for them.

No problems at all with normal packages getting shipped on time, but if you were referring to Valkyria Chronicles 2 as the item you're having an issue with, you're not the only one on that. I know a few other people are having trouble with their VC2 arriving on time. I think it's just that one game recently that's having an issue. And if it's not that game, then I dunno :D

OP, I've had Prime for multiple years and never had an issue with it.

If you're not getting items 2 shipping days after they're shipped out, email to Amazon and complain. Regardless of how they ship them, you're paying $79 yearly to get your items shipped 2-day shipping for free on each other. If you're not getting that, complain and get something for your troubles.

I've never had any issues with Prime shipment not arriving on-time in the 2-day shipping timeframe, though I have noticed that they're changing to USPS Priority Mail shipments for game and movie items (most of what I order from them) as well as some smaller items like XBLM cards. Bigger items are still going USPS Ground.

There's multiple warehouses near me, one in KS, on in KY and one in IN, and they're all able to get USPS Ground items to me in 2 days. If my items are coming from one of their other warehouses, then they usually are shipped UPS 2-day Select, which is air + truck shipment.

Guess I am just unlucky then. Maybe these recent orders have been a fluke. If it happens again I will definitely contact them about it. The games I ordered for release day delivery were Mafia 2 and Metroid.

bread's done
Back