Anyone feeling....

tenzor

CAGiversary!
the need not buy Madden 2005 now that you own ESPN 2k5? I am starting to tell myself to stay with ESPN and save the money I was planning to use on madden towards DOOM 3 or something else. Since I don't really need to own two football games, especially when they are both good already in their own respect ways.

Anyone feeling the need for more descriptive subject lines on threads?

My answer to your question would be yes. Why throw away money and buy two different products which are essentially identical?

I used to do that with used PS1 fighting games, and played them until I was blue in the face. In this current generation I only own DOA and Soul Calibur. Well... I do own the Tom and Jerry brawler, but that doesn't really count...

Money, believe it or not, can be used for things other than gaming.

Why on God's green planet would you buy both games? Neither has anything really different from the other, both are very good football games.. why spend $20 on ESPN and then $50 on Madden?

I seriously can't come up with a single good reason for even wanting to do that.

John Madden's witty comments is a case closed my book. If I hear a comment involving stickkum on his gloves one more time I am goin to flip

[quote name='donssword']
Money, believe it or not, can be used for things other than gaming.[/quote]

Okay, now you're sounding like my girlfriend. Stop that. Money cannot be used for anything other then games.

But I do agree, every year, I only buy the sega sports games, even before the price cut. They are the best in my opinion, plus Madden is so damn mainstream it sickens me to consider owning it. Game of the year last year, (Spike awards), hah!

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Why on God's green planet would you buy both games? Neither has anything really different from the other, both are very good football games.. why spend $20 on ESPN and then $50 on Madden?

I seriously can't come up with a single good reason for even wanting to do that.[/quote]

My friend (which is a total @$$hat) told me, "because it's Madden." To which I was shocked and awe struck with his wisdom. Me... ESPN 2k5 is getting my $20. I don't even buy football games.

[quote name='scsg75']Okay, now you're sounding like my girlfriend. Stop that. Money cannot be used for anything other then games. [/quote]

Isn't your girlfriend "nice" to you when u spend a little money on her?

I'll buy both because a) I am a madden fan (and apparently the only person who likes madden cards) and b) because I believe 2K5 will be the better football game.

[quote name='"scsg75"'][quote name='donssword'] plus Madden is so damn mainstream it sickens me to consider owning it. Game of the year last year, (Spike awards), hah![/quote]

Oh dear lord, explain to me how being mainstream makes it bad. This is how people end up talking about how bad Final Fantasy is, or how terrible Mario or Zelda is. Of course it also ties into movies, television, music, restaurants, just about everything. People have an obsession with hating what everyone else loves for no reason other than to "not conform".. but I rarely hear someone admit that as their reason for not buying a game.

I haven't bought a football game since Tecmo Super Bowl and don't feel the need to. QB Bills is the man and always will be. And the cheerleaders in that game were hot. :D

I'll buy Madden and pay full price most likely. Essentially I have purchased and enjoyed every Madden offering so far. Two FB games would be overkill for me, so I'll go with the tried and true.

I'm usually the guy who will buy the three-year-old football game for like $4. Nothing earth shattering changes from year to year, so why waste $50 on an updated game?

This year, though, Sega pretty much made me buy the game since it was so damn cheap. I'm now in love with it.

I actually woke up at 6 a.m. to get a game in before I had to go to work. I never wake up that early.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I'm usually the guy who will buy the three-year-old football game for like $4. Nothing earth shattering changes from year to year, so why waste $50 on an updated game?

This year, though, Sega pretty much made me buy the game since it was so damn cheap. I'm now in love with it.

I actually woke up at 6 a.m. to get a game in before I had to go to work. I never wake up that early.[/quote]

THAT'S SO PATHETIC!! waking up early just to play a stupid football game...

so did I ... :p

I see no point in paying paying $70 for both games.

I myself will be buying Madden again this year since the series has yet to let me down.

If ESPN improves a little more I may make the change over next year, but for now Madden still will get my money.

[quote name='"Cornfedwb"'][quote name='scsg75'][quote name='donssword'] plus Madden is so damn mainstream it sickens me to consider owning it. Game of the year last year, (Spike awards), hah![/quote]

Oh dear lord, explain to me how being mainstream makes it bad. This is how people end up talking about how bad Final Fantasy is, or how terrible Mario or Zelda is. Of course it also ties into movies, television, music, restaurants, just about everything. People have an obsession with hating what everyone else loves for no reason other than to "not conform".. but I rarely hear someone admit that as their reason for not buying a game.[/quote]

Burn.

if you want madden just wait for a price drop. If you have 2k5 you shouldn't really need madden so much. Or wait for used copies to show up at eb and save a few bucks.

bread's done
Back