Anyone find a good deal on Indahouse staring Ali G?

saw it for free on cable last week
check your listings if u have all the crazy movie channels like me and tape it

anyone else seen this? I love the show but the movie didn't seem as good since it is a different format than the interviews in the show (which are great).

[quote name='rodeojones903']I love the movie. If you get Ali Gs humor you will really like it.[/quote]

God, I love comments like that. "If you don't like the movie, you just don't get it". :roll:

I get Ali G's humor and from what I hear, its not that great even for Ali G fans, it has been out for a couple years in the UK and I have a Ali G "Aiii" (UK Show compilation) on dvd, and never was interested in this.....

Nothing wrong with that statement at all cornfed. I do not find Monty Python funny (i know, im the only one on the planet that feels this way), so I do not "get" the humor in it. Its a figure of speech.

Cheapest around is $20. Not that good of a movie, IMO. I much prefer the other Ali G movies - such as Bling Bling and Aiiiii - that have interviews and include Borat.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Nothing wrong with that statement at all cornfed. I do not find Monty Python funny (i know, im the only one on the planet that feels this way), so I do not "get" the humor in it. Its a figure of speech.[/quote]
I don't find monty python funny either but ali g is funny as shit. I ahve loved ali g for about 2 years now ever since i went to england. I have indahouse and it is funny as shit!! it is not really like his show but if u like his show u will like the movie!!! As far as a good price goes do it ebay!

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']I have indahouse and it is funny as shit!! it is not really like his show but if u like his show u will like the movie!!![/quote]

I am a big Ali G fan, I first found out about him about a year and a half ago and loved every episode of both seasons of his HBO show, as well as the two British DVDs I saw, Aiiii and Bling Bling, and all of his segments from the BBC's 11 O'Clock Show. However, I think Indahouse goes against the characature that Ali G was originally drawn up to be. Aside from the fact that ALL of the humor in Ali G isn't necessarily from his questions but in who he asks the questions, Ali G was originally made to be a really dumb guy from the ghetto. In Indahouse, Ali G goes from being some stupid ass living in the ghetto to being rich and famous. It takes a lot of the charm out of his character.

[quote name='alongx'][quote name='Tennisjon2002']I have indahouse and it is funny as shit!! it is not really like his show but if u like his show u will like the movie!!![/quote]

I am a big Ali G fan, I first found out about him about a year and a half ago and loved every episode of both seasons of his HBO show, as well as the two British DVDs I saw, Aiiii and Bling Bling, and all of his segments from the BBC's 11 O'Clock Show. However, I think Indahouse goes against the characature that Ali G was originally drawn up to be. Aside from the fact that ALL of the humor in Ali G isn't necessarily from his questions but in who he asks the questions, Ali G was originally made to be a really dumb guy from the ghetto. In Indahouse, Ali G goes from being some stupid ass living in the ghetto to being rich and famous. It takes a lot of the charm out of his character.[/quote]
Yea i see what you mean but indahouse is still funny. If you think ghetto stuff is funny (if u laughed ur ass off after seeing gang tapes like me) than this is the movie for you.

Ali G: my boys is tryin to gets their ladies into feminism, do you think this is right?

lady: yea, thats great.

Ali G: do you think its ok for a lady to tries feminism with another lady while she drunk at a party?

lady: uh.....feminism isnt about sex..

The movie and the series have completely different humor.

Ali G in the movie is the story of Ali G and it is a generic comedy movie about stoping the destruction of the rec center. It's funny in the way it rifs on that '80s genre, but it plays to0 straight to that movie type to overcome it. It can be overbearing sometimes.

The tv series is better and politically intresting. The subject matter in the TV series is smarter.

bread's done
Back