Anyone get a $5 Amazon Magazine Credit?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just got an email from amazon that says I've got a $5 Credit for being a magazine customer. Anyone else get this?

Sorry think I posted this in the wrong section earlier

Woke up this morning and Amazon sent me a random $5 gift card. Keep your eyes open.

As always if anyone doesn't want there's I'm not allergic to a pm lol ;)

Sorry for no link, I dunno what I could post that would show they're doing it :cry:

havn't gotten one yet, ordered oxm during $5 a year sale, the magazine hasn't arived yet either :p.

i was going to use mine to preorder spiderman shattered dimensions, but did they take away the preorder bonuses?? I cant see the iron spidey costume or artbook being offered anymore o_O

I got this as well. I finally bit on re-subscribing to Guitar World, since it was $25 for a year, or $25 for two years (No, that's not a typo :) )

[quote name='jab1235']havn't gotten one yet, ordered oxm during $5 a year sale, the magazine hasn't arived yet either :p.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered OXM as well during that sale and haven't gotten an issue yet.

I ordered PC Gamer at the same time and got my first issue about a week and a half ago though, so I'm hoping to see an OXM in the next week or two.

I did receive the $5 Amazon Credit e-mail as well.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Yeah, I ordered OXM as well during that sale and haven't gotten an issue yet.

I ordered PC Gamer at the same time and got my first issue about a week and a half ago though, so I'm hoping to see an OXM in the next week or two.

I did receive the $5 Amazon Credit e-mail as well.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered and haven't gotten OXM yet. I ordered Playstation Magazine or whatever it's called at the same time and have already gotten 2 issues. I'm not too impressed with it though. Game Informer is much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I posted this in the old Amazon.com $5 magazine subscription thread (in the Deal Graveyard) a couple of days ago. I didn't really know where to put the thread so I just made a post there since it's not really a deal.

Add me to the list of those that haven't received a copy of OXM but have received 2 copies of the other mags.

BTW, the $5 credit expires on 9/10/10. I'm not sure if it's the same for others.

It may be because they canceled something. I got $5 because they canceled my National Geographic at $10 (regular $15). I guess they figured they were making up the difference.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Yeah, I ordered OXM as well during that sale and haven't gotten an issue yet.

I did receive the $5 Amazon Credit e-mail as well.[/QUOTE]

I ordered both of those items during that sale as well and have yet to receive either. Really hoping they come soon since I move in a couple of days and I don't want to miss an issue. :)

Also received the $5 but I've been a magazine member with them for over a year now with Playstation and Nintendo subs.

I recieved a copy or 2 of OPM but did not recieve the $5 credit. Hopefully I'll get it later today. Want to put it toward a preorder of Metroid Other M :D

Got a $5 code this morning too. I've ordered various magazines from Amazon in the last year.

[quote name='jab1235']havn't gotten one yet, ordered oxm during $5 a year sale, the magazine hasn't arived yet either :p.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't gotten my first issue either. I submitted a problem on the Amazon site for that order, which got forwarded to Future US. They sent me an email the other day saying that my first issue would be the September issue and that it would be sent soon.

I got the code as well. I also ordered OXM and haven't received it. Go under "manage magazine subscriptions" and click the button that says "ordered hasn't arrived past expected date" and they will contact the company that ships the magazine. I got an email a couple of days later apologizing and saying that they are sending it and changing the subscription date to run through 09/2011.

I ordered 3 different mags during the $5 sale, no coupons yet, EST. It'd be a nice treat, could get Bioshock 2 or something.

I got one the other day and it happened to be on my birthday. I thought it was because it was my birthday and had ordered a magazine before. Just to add, I have not had any problems receiving my magazines

I got one a couple of days ago. I had ordered OXM and PTOM when they had deals. I used my $5 credit towards the new Iron Maiden cd! \m/

I received one the other day. I cleaned up during there 5 mag subscription. I thought it was a gimmick but man did all my mags start coming.

I got the same email. Used it an hour later to subscribe to Parents Magazine ($4 for 12 months = Free mag for a year!)

I subscibed to both PTOM and XBox mag when it was $5. Only got one PTOM so far and no XBox. I checked my subsciptions to make sure it wasn't cancelled because that was my first thought but it wasn't.

I ordered OXM during the $5 sale months ago. Still havent received an issue.

Hopefully I'll get this $5 credit in the meantime, that would ease the pain a bit. Thanks for the tip

Got mine early this morning....probably going to purchase my copy of Starcraft 1 so I can follow the story in the 2nd. :)

It seems the people who didn't get the credit ordered Official Xbox Magazine. Can anyone who didn't order OXM confirm that they got the credit? I wouldn't be surprised if it only affected those who ordered OXM since the publisher is literally dumping subs for $5 with discs.

I noticed that some people turned around and used the credit for more mags. Why? The credit is good for anything, and the mags you want will likely go on sale at some time since they have monthly magazine sales at Amazon. A lot of them will be $5 or $10 at that point.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']What is the title of the email?[/QUOTE]

It's "X: A $5.00 Credit For You." The "x" is the name you filled in when you created your Amazon account.

If you check your order it should say an estimated delivery date, and I think that date is the middle of this month, I've been waiting for mine as well.

Oh snap. I thought this was a $5 credit for another magazine.
Thanks OP. Would have never double-checked my email.

[quote name='dallow']Oh snap. I thought this was a $5 credit for another magazine.
Thanks OP. Would have never double-checked my email.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Least I saved one guys day

[quote name='rayne117']I got one WITHOUT buying anything.[/QUOTE]
So did I. I did checkout the magazines during the $5 sale, but I never ordered one.

I wanted the Witcher EE, but Amazon doesn't see it anyone so I got Call of Pripyat.

[quote name='whitereflection']It seems the people who didn't get the credit ordered Official Xbox Magazine. Can anyone who didn't order OXM confirm that they got the credit? I wouldn't be surprised if it only affected those who ordered OXM since the publisher is literally dumping subs for $5 with discs.

I noticed that some people turned around and used the credit for more mags. Why? The credit is good for anything, and the mags you want will likely go on sale at some time since they have monthly magazine sales at Amazon. A lot of them will be $5 or $10 at that point.

It's "X: A $5.00 Credit For You." The "x" is the name you filled in when you created your Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

I ordered OXM and Nintendo Power. I've gotten two NP's but no OXM. And they did send me a code (though I didn't even read the email until I saw this topic.)

I ordered oxm as well and I haent received the first issue. A while back it said " delivery should be July-August but now it says " you should have received it by now, if not please contact". Still havent heard from them. Hope I get the $5 code.

Got the email. Had ordered Xbox, Playstation, and NP mags for 5 earlier in the year. Also received an offer for $1 Rolling Stone for 6 months a bit ago. Not sure which if all generated email. Promptly used it towards pre-order of Metroid M.

Thanks for the heads up OP, or I probably may have overlooked the email as well.

Received the email yesterday.

yeah i got one yesterday, tried it on peggle nights, no go cuz it 4.98 gotta be at least 5. doh. i guess i could get some .99 dlc or something, lol
i ordered oxm in june, and still no issues. it says 6-8 weeks so i guess im just waiting on it. already got my 2 nintendo powers ordered at same time.

I received a coupon but I do not remember ever buying any magazines from them...LOL

The subject of the email is: (Your Name): A $5.00 Credit for You

The body of the email reads:
Thanks for being an Amazon.com Magazines Customer
Here's a $5 credit you can use across the site.
Expires September 10, 2010.
Your Code: xxxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxx

Used mine on a 1600 points card.

So I'm not alone...
Really annoying to because I've gotten 2 issues of Nintendo Power already.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I got the code as well. I also ordered OXM and haven't received it. Go under "manage magazine subscriptions" and click the button that says "ordered hasn't arrived past expected date" and they will contact the company that ships the magazine. I got an email a couple of days later apologizing and saying that they are sending it and changing the subscription date to run through 09/2011.[/QUOTE]

I ordered The OXM and also haven't received an issue yet. I contacted them the same way you mention over a week ago and have hear nothing back. I also did not receive one of these $5 codes. So, basically I've gotten nothing out of my order and no responses.

[quote name='knotfan123']Anyone know if these codes are transferable? I want to give to my buddy to use it with his Amazon Prime :D[/QUOTE]

They are, I had my brother in law order for me since he's on a prime trial.

bread's done
Back