Anyone get the Appleseed book w/purchase of the Ex Machina steelbook @ BB?

bryan78

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I went down to BB for the new releases today and they didn't have any of the bonus Appleseed artwork/manga books that you're supposed to get with the 2-Disc Appleseed: Ex Machina steelbook. They said they didn't get any of them in and they had no idea when they would come in. I bought one there anyway. I went to another BB and asked them about it, and the media rep went to go check in the back. He came back and said they didn't have any of the books, they were all sold out. I knew he was full of BS because there's no way that this would be so hot that they would all sell out already in an hour. I used their phone and called another BB in the area, and they also said they didn't get any of them in because it got delayed or something.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else got one or saw one at their BB?

I picked one up. If was shrinkwrapped with the steelbook + a BB exclusive blah blah sticker on the front, and lying with the other copies of Ex Machina. Maybe the employees were confused and were trying to find them separately instead of together?

uggghhh same thing happened to me. Went to 2 BBs and both didn't have the book. First BB I looked at each double disk and no BB exclusive sticker. Second BB I should have looked. Asked a million employees and no one knew anything. Guess I'll have to try a 3rd BB tommorow.

Is the steelbook exclusive to BB or are all the 2 disks steelbook?

[quote name='mrelusive']I picked one up. If was shrinkwrapped with the steelbook + a BB exclusive blah blah sticker on the front, and lying with the other copies of Ex Machina. Maybe the employees were confused and were trying to find them separately instead of together?[/quote]

Not saying you're a liar, but excuse me if I find that very hard to believe, since this was an ONLINE only exclusive. I had a long drawn out story about my woes trying to get the ID book today, but unfortunately the forum went down right as I hit submit. (Been down for over an hour and some change for me) I talked to 3 different managers and media reps at 3 different locations and after pulling it up on the kiosk and checking the site line-for-line with the rep concerning this promotion, (you have to click the Appleseed banner at top of page as the actual appleseed individual entry will not display the promotion), we discovered it was only available through BestBuy.com. This is similar to their promotion of Mass Effect Collector's Edition, which could only be purchased online. And trust me, we exhausted every media rep available making sure that it had not been delievered to any local stores or "sitting in back" somewhere.

So, to those looking for this collectible, don't waste your time in stores, simply order from the Best Buy website to recieve it. (Make sure you click the banner!)
I did a return on the steelbook I originally purchased at customer service, then walked over to a computer terminal by the camera section and ordered it online, took my order # back to customer service, and picked up the steelbook again! The nice rep told me that the ID book would be delivered to the address associated with the credit card used to purchase and to call back next week if I hadnt received it. She said it would ship from Minneapolis (BB.com headquarters??), so maybe CAG's in Minnesota might be lucky enough to find some accidentally delivered to those stores, but highly doubtful anywhere else...

[quote name='mrelusive']Bah, fucking form.

Anyway, it looks like the US handled comics differently in the US. I did infact buy mine instore. Seems silly that it would be online only: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFSM2147384&catid=20416 (Manitoba->Winnipeg: St. James loc, still showing stock as of now).[/quote]

Didn't think about Canada when I said that, but forgot Best Buy is there too and I'm sure they handle some things differently. But don't mind me....I'm just mad I wasted a good part of the day, when if I had known it needed to be ordered online, I would have did it last week when I saw it on the site and had it likely by today:bomb: Oh well, wasn't all bad as I discovered that Front Mission DS was $19.99 (2 of the 3 BB stores/$34.99 everywhere else), so it wasn't a blank trip.

[quote name='liono55']Not saying you're a liar, but excuse me if I find that very hard to believe, since this was an ONLINE only exclusive. I had a long drawn out story about my woes trying to get the ID book today, but unfortunately the forum went down right as I hit submit. (Been down for over an hour and some change for me) I talked to 3 different managers and media reps at 3 different locations and after pulling it up on the kiosk and checking the site line-for-line with the rep concerning this promotion, (you have to click the Appleseed banner at top of page as the actual appleseed individual entry will not display the promotion), we discovered it was only available through BestBuy.com. This is similar to their promotion of Mass Effect Collector's Edition, which could only be purchased online. And trust me, we exhausted every media rep available making sure that it had not been delievered to any local stores or "sitting in back" somewhere.

So, to those looking for this collectible, don't waste your time in stores, simply order from the Best Buy website to recieve it. (Make sure you click the banner!)
I did a return on the steelbook I originally purchased at customer service, then walked over to a computer terminal by the camera section and ordered it online, took my order # back to customer service, and picked up the steelbook again! The nice rep told me that the ID book would be delivered to the address associated with the credit card used to purchase and to call back next week if I hadnt received it. She said it would ship from Minneapolis (BB.com headquarters??), so maybe CAG's in Minnesota might be lucky enough to find some accidentally delivered to those stores, but highly doubtful anywhere else...[/quote]
Thanks for the info! It sucks though that you have to pay $2 for shipping just to get the bonus book. With their in-store bonus exclusives, 98% of the time I don't have any problems getting it, but it looks like BB screwed up this time. They shouldn't have put this in their ad if it was online only. I know how you feel, I wasted gas and time looking for this too. Now to decide if the book is worth the 2 extra bucks...

[quote name='ryosnk']Is the comic book worth it? I was going to pick up the hd version but I do like my comic books.[/quote]If you liked the first one, or just preferred the eye-candy in it, I'd just pick up the HD version.

The extra disc in the CE includes less than an hour of docs (though more interesting than the docs on the movie disc), and I'd probably spend more on just buying the Databook than then CE + manga (same short story is in there + a crap-load of background info) if I really wanted something to read.

[quote name='liono55']Not saying you're a liar, but excuse me if I find that very hard to believe, since this was an ONLINE only exclusive. I had a long drawn out story about my woes trying to get the ID book today, but unfortunately the forum went down right as I hit submit. (Been down for over an hour and some change for me) I talked to 3 different managers and media reps at 3 different locations and after pulling it up on the kiosk and checking the site line-for-line with the rep concerning this promotion, (you have to click the Appleseed banner at top of page as the actual appleseed individual entry will not display the promotion), we discovered it was only available through BestBuy.com. This is similar to their promotion of Mass Effect Collector's Edition, which could only be purchased online. And trust me, we exhausted every media rep available making sure that it had not been delievered to any local stores or "sitting in back" somewhere.

I did a return on the steelbook I originally purchased at customer service, then walked over to a computer terminal by the camera section and ordered it online, took my order # back to customer service, and picked up the steelbook again! The nice rep told me that the ID book would be delivered to the address associated with the credit card used to purchase and to call back next week if I hadnt received it. She said it would ship from Minneapolis (BB.com headquarters??), so maybe CAG's in Minnesota might be lucky enough to find some accidentally delivered to those stores, but highly doubtful anywhere else...[/quote]

The 2 disk shows now as out of stock online. Does that mean we are pretty much all screwed to get the book? I was going to try a 3rd BB today but if there isn't anyone confirming that they found one instore than there is no use.

[quote name='mrelusive']If you liked the first one, or just preferred the eye-candy in it, I'd just pick up the HD version.

The extra disc in the CE includes less than an hour of docs (though more interesting than the docs on the movie disc), and I'd probably spend more on just buying the Databook than then CE + manga (same short story is in there + a crap-load of background info) if I really wanted something to read.[/quote]

As far as I know, the HD version has all the extras that the 2-disc set has.

[quote name='Kendal']As far as I know, the HD version has all the extras that the 2-disc set has.[/quote]Guess that's a done deal then.

Kinda funny considering their website and in-store ad state there will be a minimum of 6 per store.

Believe me, even a reliable person incharge in producing Appleseed Ex Machina was suprised not to see the "exclusive" ID book in the Bestbuy. Im pretty sure he took actions raising it to Warner Home Video folks.

OH... Lucky Canadians.. I got a word from a friend in the great Maple Leaf Country that all Bestbuy stores there carries the "inpack-ID book"

I went to Best Buy yesterday and they didn't have the ID book neither. I bought a copy anyway. Used the $3 off Chex mix coupon to knock it down to $20.

Went to BestBuy today to pick up final fantasy for DS and I asked about the book and he showed me a message from Warners (publisher) that said they screwed up and didn't sent them any copies with the book. It also said they will send them the correct copies as soon as they can. I guess I will keep my copy unopen until then to exchange it.

Confirmed, Warner Home Video Screwed up with its distribution with Bestbuy.

And I can say, that the "Exclusive inpack with Bestbuy Exclusive Sticker steelbook version" is probably the rarest collectible to date to come out!

Why? Warner shipped everything to CANADA...the demand now in US increases.. and inorder for us here in USA to get it..

are:

1. ebay
2. friends from Canada

Ei Lion.. Best of Luck if you get the ID book.. but I heard.. Bestbuy US... will do some sort of providing separate "ID BOOK" not inpack and without exclusive sticker.

Your source or wherever you got the "online" exclusive.. aint true... Warner messed up their distribution for Appleseed.

Its officially OK now

appleseed.jpg

[quote name='xage']Your source or wherever you got the "online" exclusive.. aint true... Warner messed up their distribution for Appleseed. [/quote]

LOL, I'm not that important trust me! No source, just a media rep and manager at one of the 3 stores i visited on Tuesday. I called 888-BEST-BUY that night and they were just as clueless as the in-store team, so not wanting to take any chances, I ordered again off the website using the banner link, this time choosing to have them deliver instead of in-store pickup, ensuring I'll get the correct version with the ID book.;)

As someone mentioned earlier, that banner link is gone now, but if what your saying is true (all limited edtions were supposed to have the ID book?), then you should be able to still get it by using the regular link or scoop it in store if corrected versions were sent out.

:D I hope this number compensate your wasted time with bestbuy. Guaranteed they will provide you an ID book: 1-800-553-6937

[quote name='liono55']LOL, I'm not that important trust me! No source, just a media rep and manager at one of the 3 stores i visited on Tuesday. I called 888-BEST-BUY that night and they were just as clueless as the in-store team, so not wanting to take any chances, I ordered again off the website using the banner link, this time choosing to have them deliver instead of in-store pickup, ensuring I'll get the correct version with the ID book.;)

As someone mentioned earlier, that banner link is gone now, but if what your saying is true (all limited edtions were supposed to have the ID book?), then you should be able to still get it by using the regular link or scoop it in store if corrected versions were sent out.[/quote]

[quote name='xage']:D I hope this number compensate your wasted time with bestbuy. Guaranteed they will provide you an ID book: 1-800-553-6937[/quote]

Sweeeet! They picked up on the second ring and it took all of 20 seconds to give 'em my address info. They said the book is pretty much on its way. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='xage']:D I hope this number compensate your wasted time with bestbuy. Guaranteed they will provide you an ID book: 1-800-553-6937[/quote]

I was just logging in to post this before work. Stopped by on way, and saw the number posted by the dvd's. Also, if you havent purchased it yet, it's instore on the shelf now as well (not sepereate ID book, but inside limited edition)....looks like all the limited editions without the book were replaced with the new shipment.:)

What if you have already tossed your receipt? What kind of info do I need to give them to prove I have it?

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']What if you have already tossed your receipt? What kind of info do I need to give them to prove I have it?[/quote]

I would contact Best Buy first for a duplicate receipt if you paid by credit card.

EDIT: I meant drop by Best Buy and have them print out a duplicate receipt.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']What if you have already tossed your receipt? What kind of info do I need to give them to prove I have it?[/quote]
You don't have to worry about proving you have it. I just called the number right now and I asked about the book. They just asked me for my zip code, then my name, street address, and phone number, they didn't ask me any other questions. They said the book would arrive in 2-3 weeks.

If it actually does come, I'll have 2 copies of the book since I ordered another one from BB.com. Damn it, I should have waited a little while longer. Sigh... :whistle2:|

[quote name='cagfansub']FYI. The comic book is available at BestBuy store with the steelbook edition 2 discs.[/quote]

;) I posted the info and photo image already in page 1 of this thread

No receipt needed..

[quote name='xage'];) I posted the info and photo image already in page 1 of this thread
[/quote]

Sorry.., what I meant is there was a mistake earlier in the week, Best Buy didn't get any from their distributor but yesterday, I went back into the store, they've received some. I've brought in my copy of the steelbook that was opened (with my receipt) and trade with them for a steelbook 2discs new package with the comic book. The bundled comic book is NOT an online only exclusive and you don't have to call BestBuy and wait for it in the mail.

My bestbuy said they were "sold out". This was just with the DVD edition right? I went ahead and went for the Blu-ray version. I figure picture quality > extra but it does feel like a rip off when they toss in these extras for the DVD version and don't include it for Blu-ray/HD owners.

[quote name='powersurge']My bestbuy said they were "sold out". This was just with the DVD edition right? I went ahead and went for the Blu-ray version. I figure picture quality > extra but it does feel like a rip off when they toss in these extras for the DVD version and don't include it for Blu-ray/HD owners.[/quote]

The Appleseed comic book comes with the shrinkwrap version of the steelbook 2 discs from Bestbuy.. selling for $22.99 this week, I think it'll go up to $29.95 next week.

I believe the high def versions (Blu/HD) includes all the extras (read earlier postings). The HD Combo version has all content of the 2 discs as well but won't be released till April.

Well crap, didn't realize I was supposed to get a manga with the steelbook I bought. Was the last one I saw on the shelves so I decided to snag it. Already opened it too, but I'll try the number and hopefully they'll send me one.

I picked up the steelbook on Tuesday and of course they didn't have the ID book one (they said they must have sold out although I went there 3 hours after opening). Yesterday I called in to make sure they had a new shipment and with the ID book. I went back and exchanged it without problem.

I supposed I could have settled with the BR version instead, but I have the steelbook version of the first Appleseed movie, which will look much nicer to have a steelbook of Ex Machina next to it :)

I'll probably get the BR version when it's on sale or a price drop. I'm still waiting to get my PS3 (looking at the MGS4/80GB bundle) anyway.

Hmm I bought the BR one yesterday but I didnt get anything I'll guess I'll call the number to at least get the ID book. Thanks for the number

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']Hmm I bought the BR one yesterday but I didnt get anything I'll guess I'll call the number to at least get the ID book. Thanks for the number[/quote]

The book wasn't bundled with the Blu-Ray version. It's too big to fit in the case so it was shrink wrapped on the back of the steelbooks. You can just call the number and tell them when you bought the movie. They didn't explicitly ask me *which* version I got (I also bought the Blu-Ray) so I wasn't lying when I told them I didn't get the manga. Oh, BTW, the booklet arrived yesterday; it's pretty nice.

[quote name='xage']:D I hope this number compensate your wasted time with bestbuy. Guaranteed they will provide you an ID book: 1-800-553-6937[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to thank you for posting the phone number, I got my book with no problems.

bread's done
Back