Anyone getting NBA Street V3?

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just wondering if anyone was going to be playing this. I'm probably picking it up on Thursday, but I really would like to know if the game will support 16:9 and 480p. EA's website isn't really about answering technical questions. They choose to go the route of shiny pictures and lines like "Are you cool enough to blah, blah, blah?" Anyway, just seeing if anyone was getting this.

[quote name='Rig']Waiting for a price drop on the Cube version.[/quote]

Lol. That's hardly a shock, but thanks for at least replying.

I'm getting the Xbox version as soon as Gamestop calls me. Sorry I don't know anything about the screen size and resolution stuff, I play on a 5 year old 27'" Sharp

i'm getting it...probably xbox, but MAYBE ps2...i heard it controls better on ps2...but people with dial up can play on ps2, so i might want ot just get xbox...

suggestions?

[quote name='swetooth9']i'm getting it...probably xbox, but MAYBE ps2...i heard it controls better on ps2...but people with dial up can play on ps2, so i might want ot just get xbox...

suggestions?[/quote]

That's the same dilemma I'm having. I've heard that like in previous versions, the PS2 has more trick buttons than the Xbox and that the Xbox version requires the use of the clicking analog sticks to perform tricks. Also, most of my online gaming friends have Xbox Live and only a couple would be willing to play on PS2. Unless, something changes for me, I'm pretty sure I'll pick up the Xbox version tomorrow, as soon as I find out about video modes and resolutions.

im getting it today hopefully for XBOX because my bro has a XBOX at his dorm so he can borrow it sometimes.

[quote name='swetooth9']i'm getting it...probably xbox, but MAYBE ps2...i heard it controls better on ps2...but people with dial up can play on ps2, so i might want ot just get xbox...

suggestions?[/quote]

y'know, IGN's review says the controls are a bit better on the PS2 because of the controller (thats why i got vol. 2 on PS2 instead of Xbox), however EGM's review of NBA Street vol. 3 said that problem was fixed because you use the right-stick for the combo's instead of the 4 turbo buttons. So i dunno. They said the Xbox version was better.

so i'm confused. I don't have a PS2 modem so i will only get it for Xbox anyways, though i'm not sure when. I'm dying to play Fight Night Round 2 more than NBA Street vol. 3. so it may be a while.

I've played it a little on Xbox already - it is weird to have to push in the analog stick as a turbo, but honestly you can play the whole game without having to use it. The controls feel pretty natural, anyone who has played any type of "EA Big" game such as SSX 3 shouldn't have a problem with NBA Street 3.

Yeah I'm getting it but am torn between Live play and the mario characters, I'll probably end up going with the LIve play and getting it for the Xbox.

Its pretty crazy that you can play with mario characters on the gamecube. I got the first and second street on my ps2, but it is a pretty tough decision between the three..... If anyone is gettin a psp, i heard that the psp version is almost the same as the ps2 version except for the analog controls. Just so you know.....

also frankysox, 24 is the one of the greatest shows of all time. they should make a game about it. not a budget one though.

bread's done
Back