Anyone got info on video conversion for PSP?

simplygriff

CAGiversary!
Just wondering if anyone has any info about converting video to MPEG-4 format. What programs you use (Mac & PC) Can it be converted from DVD? How? How much memory does an hour of Video take? Discuss!

currently there are two major stages to converting a DVD to PSP file. First, you need to run an application that can extract the MPEG-2 file froma protected DVD. THen that file needs to be transcoded to MPEG-4 and to the PSP's resolution.

Technically, you could store NTSC resolution files on a Memory Stick and the PSP could convert them on the fly but the file in question would be about 200% larger than one preformatted to the PSP's 480x272 display.

Expect to see a lot better solutions for converting DVDs later in the year as more amateur developers have access to the PSP. Also expect to see more commercial video editing packages adding PSP as a target profile.

Shipwreck: thanks for the idea to check out gamefaqs. I forgot to even look there.

epobirs: Good points. I've googled and found a couple of things but nothing conclusive. I wanted to work on encoding some stuff before I got the machine so I'd have it to try when I got it. I may just stick to converting my AAC files to MP3 for now.
-G

saw an episode of screen savers that show you how. if you got g4 tech tv on demand then you might be able to catch it

I was just fooling around and came across this website www.pspvideo9.com it looks like a solid freeware product for video conversion for the PSP. I cant say how well this thing works due to the fact that I am staring at about 300 PSP's at work but cant touch till the 24th. I say hook me up with a few Duo gig sticks run this baby and I will have my entertainment collection on the go.

check my sig ^_^

i'm also staring at psp's i can't touch yet, but i've had my share of video conversion, i was just compliling the info from several places in a way that made sense, but all the links are listed as well.

~

There's also a thread or two here on CAG if you hit up the search function. Just a heads up since we've disscussed it a few times already and all the information and links are already here to be clicked.

bread's done
Back