Anyone have a bad experience at Circuit City on Black Friday?

Ubivin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I had a horrible experience at Circuit City on Black Friday. First was they only allowed a certain number of people in the store so there was a line even after the store was open. But the horrible part is the long wait at the checkout... they only had a few 'real' cashier aisles so they had to open up 'new ones', which were the ones that were usually used to check inventory or something.

It was extremely disorganized as I waited over an hour on a line that should have only taken 20 minutes. There were frequent long delays (where you don't actually move for like 5-10 mins). Did anyone get a similar experience?

Yeah, I was at Best Buy before Circuit City and their checkout line was extremely fast. So I guess I compared it to that BB : /.

That's how Circuit City always works. They never staff more than one checkout during normal hours, so when this day rolls around, they're not sure how to handle multiple checkouts.

But for me, awesome experience. Took 5 minutes to checkout at Customer Service at 5:10, but that's because the girl had to restart her computer.

I got there at 11:00 PM Yesterday. It was very organzied because a list was made of the first 60 people or so, so we were guaranteed to get in first and they barracaded the line so no 1 could cut. Great expierence only bad thing the f*cking cold.

Last year on BF it was a nightmare at CC. I stood in what they called a line for 2 and a half hours and maybe moved 6 feet so finally I called it quits..

This year I just went around 1pm and the store was great and all I had to do was walk around the store and I found most of the stuff I was looking for in baskets or piles employees were gathering up after people dumped stuff out of frustration in the morning.

The one thing I was out to get that I did not find though was Bully but you can pricematch that at any retailer seeing it was not a doorbuster special.. I went to sears today also and they said they would even pricematch other retailers door buster deals lol talk about desperate to get people hell it would be great if they had more of a selection.

[quote name='Furashu']no i shopped online :D
lol ur complaining about 1 hour line?
the frys at my area had a 5 hour line.[/QUOTE]

Only 5 hours? Your lucky then...my freakin fry's line here in renton went up and down every aisle threw the store like that freakin snake eating the apple game. I stood at the back of the line till an employee came by and said the wait can be 6-10 hours. I was thinking more like 10 after i was standing by the entrance for 10 minutes with NO movement.

I think the question should be "anyone have a GOOD experience at CC?"

When I went today I was going to grab 2 of the flash drives, but the line was so huge I just left.

[quote name='Malik112099']Long lines and waits on Black Friday? NO.fuckING.WAY[/QUOTE]

Out here in seattle the lines at black friday the past 6 years ive been doing it have been more then managable, in and out in under an hour at the WORST. This year it was so bad at wal mart, frys, and target that I could of swore if you closed your eyes you would think your in Ellis Island in the 1920's.

[quote name='Malik112099']Long lines and waits on Black Friday? NO.fuckING.WAY[/QUOTE]
A line consisting of at least 100 people and there were THREE cashiers. Yeah, that is surprising and a problem.

The line at Best Buy was bigger than the one at CC but it went fast since all the checkout lines were open and the cashiers seemed to know what they were doing.

I went there at 10 pm with my friends. We had a fat 8 man tent, and I brought my wii so we played inside that. At 4:50 ish, people just ran from the back of the line to get vouchers, the CC employees and the managers are f*cking retarded. The first 50 people (including my group) complained and the fat manager said he did not see anything of this sort happening and was obviously bsing. My friends wanted laptops of tv's, I just wanted the 22" acer monitor and scored so I wasn't that sad but still think circuit city is circuit shitty as they normally do not get a lot of customers, so they aren't used to it.

[quote name='whoknows']I think the question should be "anyone have a GOOD experience at CC?"

When I went today I was going to grab 2 of the flash drives, but the line was so huge I just left.[/quote]I went at 12:30 am to make line and I was pretty back.I picked up at Circuit City a couple of movies and I was out of there in 30 minutes at 5 am.I had an EXCELLENT experience!I loved it!There were like 10 registers open.

I got there at seven fucking o'clock and they had a line out front. I stood out there for 20 minutes in the freezing cold while there was plenty of room and heat inside for more than the people they allowed in. That is pretty fucking annoying considering I got there 2 HOURS AFTER IT OPENED!!!!!

Well I went to both CC and BB and I have to tell you that the people working at BB all freakin idiots. They had a line and when they started handing tickets out at 3 everyone bumrushed the front. Then to make it worse people cut in right when the store opened AND they let in EVERY single person that was waiting. Over 1500 people in a store at once. All you could feel was friction of male crotches and hot breath on you. I went to CC after and even though there was still a line it was way more organized.

My local CC has a "20-year-old system" (quoted by store employees) that will be getting updated after Christmas. Due to the flood of customers, they would announce on the loudspeaker every 10 minutes "EMPLOYEES PLEASE STOP TOUCHING YOUR CRT NOW" (crt or whichever 3 letters were used for the register system). Then a few minutes later they would announce "EMPLOYEES CAN RESUME TOUCHING THEIR CRT". This was so the entire system wouldn't crash completely.

This went on for almost 45 minutes. I had 6 people in front of me in the line, but a different register completely broke down, so they were alternating customers like traffic in the line I was in.

I got there when they first opened, grabbed a cruzer and 2gb card, threw them behind some big box item no one would buy, and came back 2 hours later to retrieve and pay for said items (that was the 45-minute line). Works like a charm every BF. I just hope no one moved my UNO Attack I have stashed in HBA in K-mart for this morning.

The first store I went to this BF was CC- this particular store is brand new and just opened literally in my Mom's backyard. They opened at 5 which is roughly when I got there. I ended up leaving because I discovered they only let in 50 people at a time and you had to wait for people to leave before entering...

I went straight to bestbuy grabbed Zelda DS bundle, 2 orange boxes and checked out within 20 minutes.

On the drive back home after stopping by EB (which wasn't open yet) and McD's for some breakfast... there was still a line out the back to get into CC.

LOLLERSKATES - I feel really bad for the people who braved the cold.

Ive always had bad customer service at cc, insane phone times on hold. never able to find anyone to ask about a certain game.

What makes the busiest shopping day of the year any different

[quote name='Ubivin']I had a horrible experience at Circuit City on Black Friday. First was they only allowed a certain number of people in the store so there was a line even after the store was open. But the horrible part is the long wait at the checkout... they only had a few 'real' cashier aisles so they had to open up 'new ones', which were the ones that were usually used to check inventory or something.

It was extremely disorganized as I waited over an hour on a line that should have only taken 20 minutes. There were frequent long delays (where you don't actually move for like 5-10 mins). Did anyone get a similar experience?[/quote]

They've done the 'new cashier' thing @ CC EVERY time I've gone out on BF. Personally, I think it's alot better than having 2-3 cashiers up front open and the lines to get checked out snaking through the entire fuckin store. But, maybe that's just me.

I was smart though, I waited until about 10-11am to hit CC, found multiple copies of Bully still in stock(I snagged the only NON-GH copy they had though), as well as a copy of Matrix: Path of Neo, a copy of Crank on DVD and a clearance game guide(C&C 3: Tiberium Wars for 360 for .99). And, if not for the one lady having her check not go through on one of those 'spare' cashier lines, I would've been in and out in 20-25 minutes tops.

I got redirected back and forth between several cashiers, since my C&C 3 guide was ringing up $12.99, but was in the bin with the .99 ones. But after much haggling with the workers, they finally adjusted it to .99.

Funniest thing I tried to do all day yesterday was PM the CC special of getting an extra controller when you buy a PStwo system @ BB. I figured they'd tell me that it was a 'doorbuster' and deny it, but what could it hurt to try. If I didn't have the store credit @ BB, I would've probably just nabbed it @ CC to assure the deal.

[quote name='Kerig']This was so the entire system wouldn't crash completely.
[/QUOTE]

LOL..... I am so sorry but that's just too fucking funny. CC has what at the most 4 front registers running during bf. "Oh my god we are making too much money..it's gonna crash the system.....someone get on the loudspeaker and tell our employees to stop making us money!!!!" How can a system crash? its not like they are ringing someone up once every 5 seconds!!!

Well as I mentioned in another thread I had a horrible time with CC on black friday. i waited in line at 9:45 at night on thursday I was like the 40th person in line. When the store opened I was inside in less than a minute everyone else headed towards the HDTV's and Laptops I went for the games I got there with only one other person over there I asked the stores clerk if they had any copies of Super Mario Galaxy in she told me no. I asked why they were out? They had been only open for a 1 minute she said that they only had 2 copies in the whole store and they sold out so I questioned why they only had 2 copes in she said thats just how it is. So I ended up leaving with out Super Mario Galaxy. I came back the next day and they had 12 copies in I asked them to ring it up and they told me it was $50 that the $35 was only a 5 hour sale for Friday I said but you only had 2 copies in yesterday and they told me there was nothing they could do so I ended up leaving empty handed again. Man I dont know if I will ever shop at CC again.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']Well as I mentioned in another thread I had a horrible time with CC on black friday. i waited in line at 9:45 at night on thursday I was like the 40th person in line. When the store opened I was inside in less than a minute everyone else headed towards the HDTV's and Laptops I went for the games I got there with only one other person over there I asked the stores clerk if they had any copies of Super Mario Galaxy in she told me no. I asked why they were out? They had been only open for a 1 minute she said that they only had 2 copies in the whole store and they sold out so I questioned why they only had 2 copes in she said thats just how it is. So I ended up leaving with out Super Mario Galaxy. I came back the next day and they had 12 copies in I asked them to ring it up and they told me it was $50 that the $35 was only a 5 hour sale for Friday I said but you only had 2 copies in yesterday and they told me there was nothing they could do so I ended up leaving empty handed again. Man I dont know if I will ever shop at CC again.[/QUOTE]

So did you wait for 8 hours outside of a Circuit City just to save $15.00 on one video game?

I had a very good experience actually. I got there about 445 and saw a humungo line. They let that certain amount in and then I was about 100 yards from the door. Waited outside about 25 minutes to get in. Once I got all my dvds I found a dumb kid in the electronics aisle nobody knew about and got 5th in his line. Yes, he had no idea what to do but I got out of there within a hour of getting there. Good day.

[quote name='ajh2298']So did you wait for 8 hours outside of a Circuit City just to save $15.00 on one video game?[/QUOTE]

Especially one that you could get with a free $25 gift card the week before. D'OH! :)

On the bright side, I scored both Call of Juarez ($10) and The Office Season 2 ($12) at my CC on Saturday (hahahahah). For the person who stashed the Office Season 2 in the end cap --- sorry. ;-)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Especially one that you could get with a free $25 gift card the week before. D'OH! :)

On the bright side, I scored both Call of Juarez ($10) and The Office Season 2 ($12) at my CC on Saturday (hahahahah). For the person who stashed the Office Season 2 in the end cap --- sorry. ;-)[/quote]

Well I had not been paid till that week so I missed out on the $25 gift card deal and I had planned on buying some other little stuff with the game but I got annoyed that they didnt have the game so I just picked up some blank dvd discs and left and spent my money else where.

Fire Marshall would have had a field day at the one my wife went to.

They barricaded all the isles, so you had to walk the maze of the entire store, start to finish, no random shopping allowed.

My wife was actually told the only way out was to wait in line.

CC in Savannah was a nightmare. Long as lines everywhere in the store, because they turned every terminal into a register. Lines never moved, either. Was thinking about that $8 laptop cooler, but I said fuck it.

Was at Best Buy right before. Found everything I wanted (and plenty of it), the line went quick and there weren't any blowups.

Once again, CC blows.

My CC BF experience was exactly the same OP. My bf wanted to get an HDTV so we decided to split up to increases our chances of getting the good cheap one. He went to walmart and I got stuck with CC. I arrived there around 4:40am and the line was wrapped 3/4 around the store. That was expected. I didnt get into the store until almost 6 because their brilliant "let 2ppl in when 6 leave" system. FINALLY when i get in there was another ridiculously long line inside the store to get a friggin tv. I said eff it and went to look for something else. I got Red Steel for Wii and a few dvds. Waited another hour to check out. Cool thing about waiting in line was that I made a friend and I held her spot in line while she did some more shopping and vice versa. By this time my by had already gotten the tv, went home, set it up and was enjoying some SMG by the time i got back. This was my first BF shopping experience and next year Im definitely gonna do it all online.

(Sorry this is so long...but I rarely post so that evens it out...right?)

CC sux. they had lines going into the store and it was like 12pm. and i mean the store didnt even look that crowded inside. and i got into agrument w/ someone outside trying to skip the line. but i didnt really want to go in there, my brother did. i enjoyed shopping @ BestBuy

bread's done
Back