Anyone have a list of Online Wii Titles?

Nomar1245

CAGiversary!
I was wondering if anyone knows what games will be online. It seems all the ones I really want won't be.(i.e. Red Steel, Call of Duty 3, Far Cry)

If anyone can get me this info I would really appreciate it. This is the first console I'm going to purchase on a release day, but the games I want aren't as clear cut as when I got my PSP at launch.

Thanks for the help.

[quote name='furyk']Japan: Pokemon Battle Revolution
US: None.

Glad to help.[/QUOTE]

Great way for Nintendo to enforce its whole "Wii" philosophy.

Another question that I really just want confirmed,

The old games(VC) will be online enabled right. Cuz I would pay for Goldeneye to play online.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Great way for Nintendo to enforce its whole "Wii" philosophy.[/quote]

It took 1 year for the DS to go online. Just be patient.

[quote name='Nomar1245']Another question that I really just want confirmed,

The old games(VC) will be online enabled right. Cuz I would pay for Goldeneye to play online.[/quote]
I wouldn't even count on MS/Rare letting Goldeneye on there, who knows. But no, currently they are not planning on enhancing any of the ROMs.

[quote name='botticus']I wouldn't even count on MS/Rare letting Goldeneye on there, who knows. But no, currently they are not planning on enhancing any of the ROMs.[/QUOTE]

I know what u mean, but I can still hope and dream. I mean come on think about it.

Wii Sports woulda been an awesome start for an online approach to the Wii. Even if they hadn't really planned on supporting much online play with the console, Wii Sports woulda been a great way to hook everyone who wasn't confident in their online intentions. I'll still have a blast with it with my little bro though.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']it is possible to download online play, some 3rd parties did mention that[/quote]

Exactly what I was about to say. The Wii has the ability to download new content for games so it wouldn't surprise me to "patch" games to have online play! :bouncy:

[quote name='Magehart']Exactly what I was about to say. The Wii has the ability to download new content for games so it wouldn't surprise me to "patch" games to have online play! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

yeah supposedly thru the wiiconnect24

[quote name='botticus']I wouldn't even count on MS/Rare letting Goldeneye on there, who knows. But no, currently they are not planning on enhancing any of the ROMs.[/QUOTE]

Now, I wonder if there's anything that would prevent Microsoft from putting Goldeneye on XBox live?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Now, I wonder if there's anything that would prevent Microsoft from putting Goldeneye on XBox live?[/QUOTE]

Activision. They own the Bond license.

Nobody can do anything without their approval.

Goldeneye is one of those games that is just so tangled up that it will never be released again, period.

Licensed game, published by Nintendo and created by Rare. There are so many legal things with just it being a Bond game period. So sorry nope. Best bet would just make a new better Bond game.

As far as online, I think all the games will be "online" with the 24WiiConnect, but not online play. Nintendo I feel is still figuring that out after while successful on the DS, the code system is getting serious flack about being annoying. They want to protect children, isn't that up to the parents?

I wouldn't be suprised if you see around 10 online titles next year on the Wii for christmas time. I think Nintendo is going to wait and try to do it right. Look for the Smash Bros. game to be thier big wifi launch game for that. I also wouldn't doubt a version of Mario Kart for the Wii next year.

[quote name='bingbangboom']Goldeneye is one of those games that is just so tangled up that it will never be released again, period.

Licensed game, published by Nintendo and created by Rare. There are so many legal things with just it being a Bond game period. So sorry nope. Best bet would just make a new better Bond game.

As far as online, I think all the games will be "online" with the 24WiiConnect, but not online play. Nintendo I feel is still figuring that out after while successful on the DS, the code system is getting serious flack about being annoying. They want to protect children, isn't that up to the parents?

I wouldn't be suprised if you see around 10 online titles next year on the Wii for christmas time. I think Nintendo is going to wait and try to do it right. Look for the Smash Bros. game to be thier big wifi launch game for that. I also wouldn't doubt a version of Mario Kart for the Wii next year.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I figured regarding Goldeneye originally being technically a 1st party Nintendo title but produced by someone else and licensed by yet another company. Way too many companies to try and all get on board for it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's kind of what I figured regarding Goldeneye originally being technically a 1st party Nintendo title but produced by someone else and licensed by yet another company. Way too many companies to try and all get on board for it.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. There's not nearly enough money in it to go through that rigamarole.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']I'm hoping online is part of the reason MP3 is delayed (worked for Hunters...)[/QUOTE]

There's probably a number of reasons Metroid was bumped. Every step they're taking now with the launch and games release closely mirrors the DS launch. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see another Nintendo title released until Feb/March, and then we'll probably get a game a month for a while until a real flow starts. At launch, they're probably limiting first party titles to appease 3rd parties, who already feel that their toughest competition on any Nintendo console is Nintendo itself.

But, I doubt online multiplayer is the reason MP3 was delayed. At E3, Retro said they were doing a strictly single player experience. They did say, however, that they were looking into uses for WiiConnect24, which could be a partial reason for the delay.

bread's done
Back