Anyone have any idea why....

[quote name='coolsteel']Yep privacy, now no one will ever know you bid on those barbie dolls but you and the seller[/quote]

...unless you win the auction. Then everyone will know.

Many eBayers have user IDs that match their email addresses. Under the old system, let's say I saw a user named "gotrice415510" on eBay that lost an auction for Barbie dolls. I would just send emails to [email protected], [email protected], etc... mentioning that the winner of the auction backed out and that you have an opportunity to buy the Barbie dolls.

Maybe you don't fall for it, but there's probably someone else out there that would.

[quote name='flasht3']...unless you win the auction. Then everyone will know.

Many eBayers have user IDs that match their email addresses. Under the old system, let's say I saw a user named "gotrice415510" on eBay that lost an auction for Barbie dolls. I would just send emails to [email protected], [email protected], etc... mentioning that the winner of the auction backed out and that you have an opportunity to buy the Barbie dolls.

Maybe you don't fall for it, but there's probably someone else out there that would.[/quote]

Are you talking about the seller or scammers? Because couldn't the seller just send them a second chance offer through ebay?

bread's done
Back