Anyone have any luck getting Wii in California

[quote name='ricecake']Trying to find one for 3 weeks now, and no luck.... any sugguestion?[/quote]

Keep looking?

I saw my first Wii yesterday in Target, Aliso Viejo CA. I arrived around 10:45 am, checked Electronics -- no Wii -- and then headed for toy clearance, which is the reason I was there.

After spending about 5 minutes in toys, I headed back to Electronics because I forgot to check for CDs. There was a woman with a Wii in her Target bag. I wondered if it was a return.

I checked the lock case, and sure enough, there's another Wii there. I could have bought it. It took basically all my willpower not to. (I have $250 credit at EB and have decided to get the Wii there.)

So, it could happen to you. Although a grand shipment of 2 Wii doesn't exactly make me think there's going to be any great number of these for the forseeable future.

[quote name='ricecake']Trying to find one for 3 weeks now, and no luck.... any sugguestion?[/QUOTE]

You missed out then... apparently SoCal and NorCal got a huge shipment Sunday / Monday at Target.

[quote name='blandstalker']Keep looking?

I saw my first Wii yesterday in Target, Aliso Viejo CA. I arrived around 10:45 am, checked Electronics -- no Wii -- and then headed for toy clearance, which is the reason I was there.

After spending about 5 minutes in toys, I headed back to Electronics because I forgot to check for CDs. There was a woman with a Wii in her Target bag. I wondered if it was a return.

I checked the lock case, and sure enough, there's another Wii there. I could have bought it. It took basically all my willpower not to. (I have $250 credit at EB and have decided to get the Wii there.)

So, it could happen to you. Although a grand shipment of 2 Wii doesn't exactly make me think there's going to be any great number of these for the forseeable future.[/quote]Keep an eye on EB/GS this week. I was told they're getting some in, and the store locator says every single store has "more on the way."

[quote name='botticus']Keep an eye on EB/GS this week. I was told they're getting some in, and the store locator says every single store has "more on the way."[/QUOTE]

This is correct... some EB's / GS's have already started getting shipments.

[quote name='ricecake']Bay area, Oakland, can't find them any where[/QUOTE]

If you are in the Bay Area, why don't you try checking out the West Regional Forums. Lots of Bay Area heads post where they have/haven't found Wii's in the area.

Just keep trying. I walked into Best Buy 2 weeks ago trying to get in on the 24: S5 $19.99 deal and there was a line for Wii at the video game section.

Good luck!

There were three at a TRU in Hayward, CA this afternoon. One was sold while I was there.

TRUs around me still won't confirm anything over the phone; I always have to go in and check (though I did get one this way).

bread's done
Back