Anyone have any suggestions for imported ps2 games?

hawky316

CAGiversary!
Living in the Untied States and enjoying so many Japanese games when i go to different conventions sucks so I was hoping that you guys could point me in the direction of some good imports. I have a couple like battle stadium d.o.n. and melty blood, but would like more, they don't have to be japanese just games not released in america

Well, if you like Dance Dance Revolution, you should pick up the Japanese version of DDR Supernova 2, which is *way* better then the US release. DDR Extreme as well, but that's hard to find/expensive. I don't have that one, but do have the former. Also there are the Beatmania IIDX games if you are into that (I'm not good at it, but do have one import.) Pop'n'Music games are also suppose to be a lot of fun, but can't comment on that series, plus the controllers are expensive since those are imported too.

If you like horror games look for Kuon. It's very jhorror. However it was made with eng subs. Very cool game.

And if you're into beat em up games get Yakuza. (They may as well have been imports)

I agree with the Pop'n'Music suggestion. If you like music games it might be up your alley, but you would have to spend a bit more on the actual controller to get the most enjoyment out of the hardest modes. Sure, you can play it on the usual Dual Shock, but it'll be a freaking nightmare mixing up the the shoulder and face buttons on most difficult songs.

Otherwise...maybe things that require very little translation. SHMUPs are typically good for that. I enjoyed the hell out of Ibara if you can find it. Fighting games can be worth it as well. Arc System Work's Hokuto no Ken is freaking excellent.

bread's done
Back