Anyone have experience with Best Buy refunds/credits?

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
I could use some clarification here. I ordered three games during the B2G1 promo, but someone screwed something up and they've been tossed back and forth between two USPS locations for almost three weeks now. I finally got ahold of a Best Buy rep who offered to reorder them for me, but only one was still in stock when they went to do it, so they offered me a refund on those two instead, along with a $25 gift card.

Okay, so because of this, it looked like I was getting a refund on the two games I paid for and was getting the third, free game for free. I didn't want to swindle them, obviously, and the $25 gift card eclipsed how much the game originally was ($18), but I was a little concerned when I looked at my updated order status on their site.

This is what I see:
Jtw2sRe.jpg

The math's a little off there, as you can hopefully see. My refund email just said that a credit was being applied to my account; it made me worry a bit just because there wasn't the usual "you'll see this posted to your credit card in 1-2 weeks" thing that you see with just about every refund email ever. I started to think that they maybe messed something up with the "credit" and I was going to pay $33.15 for an $18 game + a $25 gift card, which, while not a horrible deal, is still not something I wanted to do. Then there's the fact that I had a $5 RZ certificate applied to the order and it looks like a total mess.

I'm hoping one of you have experience with Best Buy credits and could clear up my concerns. Normally I'd wait a couple of weeks and see if my credit card account received a refund, but it's already been twenty days since the order first posted and I don't want to start disputing something over a month afterwards if I don't receive anything. I'm in the process of asking a Best Buy rep the same thing, but they can take days to get back to me.

Thanks for any help, guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back