Anyone have problems with Pelican controllers?

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey all...

I've been having a crap-load of problems with my Pelican Eclipse controllers for my Xbox...mainly loosing connection.

I bought two controllers at Wal-Mart back in May-June of 2003 and within 3-4 months of average use...they started to flake out.

I shipped one back to Pelican to get warranty work done or have it replaced and I have YET to see it returned.

Here's my requests and their responses.

Wondering if anyone else had any experience with them and if they had their issues resolved...

Just need to vent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is request #3 for my controller to be shipped back...

I will start by saying that I am VERY dissatisfied with your service and product. Not only do I not have the controller I sent in to have repaired or replaced, my other controller (same model - purchased at the same time) is now failing as well.

I was told in my last ticket, #13219, that I should expect my controller by Tues, Wed of the following week (basically within 7-8 days time). I received the response on Wed, 2.18...Tuesday and Wednesday came and went. I let it slip since shipping can be slow sometimes. Then another week went by with no delivery.

This is too much.

I would like a new controller shipped to me Overnight or Two day air, ASAP, with Tracking number and confirmation of shipment sent to me.

I would also like to have a postage paid package to ship my now failing 2nd controller back to you for replacement as well, as I am not going to pay for shipping and send $4 to cover shipping back to me due to your unsatisfactory service.

Here is the e-trail of tickets documenting your promise of quick turn around to my request, which, as of today - 3.3.04 - has not been fulfilled.

My information:
Jon-Paul LeClair
address
phone

-------------------------------------------------------
Ticket Number: 13219

This is in response to a previously closed ticket #10616. I still have not recieved back my Xbox PL2023 Eclipse controller that I sent in for repair/replacement in Nov of 2003. Here is the text from my original querey. I would like a quick resolution to my issue. Thank you! Jon-Paul LeClair ---- Greetings... I sent my Plican Eclipse Xbox controller in a month or two back (Nov 2003) for warranty repair or replacement (the unit was not working on my Xbox after a 2-3 months of play) - along with the required documents, letters, money order for shipping ($4), and proof of purchase. I still have not recieved any communication from Pelican about my controller's status. I would like to know the status of my request. Thank you.

Jon-Paul LeClair
address
phone

Sorry for the mix up your controller will ship today and you should get it Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, thank you for choosing Pelican.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ticket Number: 10616

Request:

Greetings...
I sent my Plican Eclipse Xbox controller in a month or two back for warranty repair or replacement (the unit was not working on my Xbox after a 2-3 months of play) - along with the required documents, letters, money order for shipping ($4), and proof of purchase.

I still have not recieved any communication from Pelican about my controller's status.

I would like to know the status of my request.

Thank you.

Jon-Paul LeClair
address
phone

Sorry for the delay, we get it right out to you , thank you again for choosing Pelican Performance,

I've had 2 pelican Chameleon controllers. They both suck. after about 3 weeks the buttons started sticking, then became unresponsive unless struck forcefully. Tapping buttons or the D-pad did not work, you had to forcefully push down the action buttons for them to work. I'll definately never buy pelican brand again, especially after hearing your story. 3 months? That's bullshit.
'

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Sorry, but that's what you get for buying 3rd party controllers.[/quote]

the man has a point

i use my ps2 pelican controller on my pc, since it was only 5 bucks, but as i said no problems

in my experience pelican makes everything to break easily

In fact, the original pelican light for the GameBoy advance broke every single official Nintendo power adapter it came in contact with -- I lost two to this problem before I figured out that was the problem and spoke to several other people with the same problem.

In case you're wondering, this was the reason for the light redesign with the battery built-in.

I've been through3 system selectors from their low end, and my understanding is the high-end system selectors also very cheaply made {although I haven't heard any breakdowns yet of this particular model}

their dreamcast controller was the most comfortable of any company, but it broke within a monthand wouldn't recognize one of the analog directions anymore.

Their original PS/2 joystick design I had to return four times to the same-store before just giving up and taking the least defective one considering I only needed it for the turbo function for a small section of a game

And yet I keep buying from the same company because I know although the stuff will break down, while it works, it's Golden

their pelicanG. 3 controller for the gamecube is the best one madefor the system and the only reason I can play the gamecube at all

The aforementioned GBA light is the best of the U.S.-made lights -- in either incarnation.

Their code breaker line is excellent, and they have been very supportive of thegame hacking community

Their real arcadejoystickline is also supposed to be very good, and actually has less lag the more expensive controllers according to Capcom vs. SNK 2 players

put more simply, buy Pelican and get a good product temporarily, because you don't permanently own pelicans even when you're buying -- you rent in the hopes that your rental will last a while before breaking downand going to its permanent home -- the garbage can;-)

[quote name='bmulligan']Yeah, I guess so....

So, what does one receive for being a WhipSmartAss ??[/quote]

The forethought not to buy 3rd-party controllers? ZING! :lol:

I know 3rd party stuff is crap, but like Minx said what about that joystick of theirs?

I have been looking for one and it seems to work half decent(although it needs to be gutted and have the buttons replaced) is the Pelican stick worth it

A few months ago, I bought a Pelican Eclipse Wireless for XBOX through Circuit City online for $29.99. Once I received my pickup confirmation, I drove over there to pick it up. They couldn't find the controller in their inventory, so the manager credited me $10 for the hassle. $19.99 for a wireless isn't bad - unless it's this one. Once they received the controller, I picked it up, brought it home and plugged it in. It was so unresponsive and lazy that I returned it for my $20. Pelican bites.

Pelican wireless controllers are terrible. Forget about exchanging them. I'd push for store credit towards the Logitech controllers. They are expensive but are just awesome. I use them on both my PS2 and XBox and have never experienced a single problem with either system. Some might disagree with my opinion on this matter, but that is only because they don't like the price. You get what you pay for in most circumstances. This is one of them. My 2 cents...

bread's done
Back