anyone have Sprint and like it?

ajumbaje

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I thought Id ask since that Samsung Epic 4g looks mighty sweet and being that I have big fingers, the touchscreen keyboards suck for me. I sometimes spend a majority of my texting/emailing checking for errors

I had AT&T for years then switched. Since I have had sprint for about 2 years, and am not looking back. I first got sprint when i was living in PA. Now i am located in FLA and i haven't noticed much of a change in the service. I currently have 4 lines on the unlimited plan and have no problems with it. (it was the cheapest by far versus any other carrier on the unlimited plans) I am unsure about the 4g speeds so i can't comment on that.

Phone wise my wife has the HTC Hero and sometimes the phone can get choppy and run slow. Sprint reps say this is because of the older software version and they will not update the software on the older android phones anymore. That basically makes upgrading a necessity. So if your going for a newer version of the android then you should be good to go, but i don't like the fact that they give up and basically say "screw it" to the older versions.

I was with sprint for a little over eight years. They made some mistakes just like any other provider will make. I switched to AT&T for two reasons: my gf had AT&T and we were regularly going over her minutes, since my cell bill ismpaid by work I switched with no prob. I was neutral with their service.

I work at Best Buy and my buddies in BBY mobile always say Sprint is an awful company, though I have no personal experience on this. I've had T-mobile for years and they are pretty decent.

I just got it about a week ago after using T-mobile prepaid for years. As of right now I like it. It was a bit chopy when I had made my first call to set it up but after that it has been fine.

[quote name='Clak']Here is a site with dead zones reported by users. Uses google maps, just enter a zip code and pick a carrier.

http://www.deadcellzones.com/verizon.html[/QUOTE]

That site is interesting, but mostly worthless considering that it's user supported. Just because you don't see a dead zone in your area doesn't mean that there aren't any. It just means no one has bothered to report them. It's always good to have extra information though. I just wouldn't base my decision on it.

[quote name='Clak']There are the company provided ones too of course, which I don't trust much either.[/QUOTE]

yea, those are pretty off. Apperently the closest cell tower to my house is a sprint one, but it also has some pretty crappy service in our house(surrounded by trees). My dad got an airave and it still was crap.

We used to have sprint a while back, but we are with at&t right now. Im mainly considering sprint right now because of price(going to grad school next fall is the plan), but know some of the downfalls with the service, which is why I want to research a ton before I switch when my contract with at&t expires(next june/july) - even though there might be an upgraded version of the epic by then lol

My main issue with at&t is that its the only service thats bipolar, it wants to have service, then some service, then no service, back to full service, in one place. It's pretty inconsistent with keeping signal strength.

[quote name='Clak']There are the company provided ones too of course, which I don't trust much either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't have much faith left in those either. Sometimes there's such a conglomeration of colors ranging from "best" to "poor" in a small area, that a cloud could pass and it's enough of an excuse for why your calls drop. For example, this is what my coverage looks like:

sprintcoverage.jpg

For those unfamiliar, darkest is best, lightest is poor. The map shows that I'm in the "good" section, but considering that the other two both occur within a two mile radius, I don't see how it could be anything more than a crapshoot. I've been seriously considering going with Sprint because of how cheap their plans are, but I'm not terribly impressed by that map either.

Im in a 4g city, but right outside of the 4g zone. That won't really matter because I have use our wifi in my house. That and it might change in a year

I'm on Sprint.

It sucks.

But i'm on the Sprint SERO plan so I get unlimited everything for 30 a month.

Only reason I'm with it.

I've been with Sprint since about 99, have had no problems. Using the HTC Evo 4G now, no real problems on the gulf coast of Florida that I've ever noticed.

I have them and it's not all that great... Was better when I had my old plan of $32 w/unlimited free txting... I had Verizon before that and they weren't that much better... Here anyway, they both use the same towers... Not even gonna bother with anything GSM.

[quote name='homeland']Have sprint and have never had a problem. They have good coverage here and their prices are competitive.[/QUOTE]
Raleigh eh? NC State is one of the places I'm looking at for grad school. So they have good coverage inside the beltway?

I live right outside the beltway and never had a problem.. My wife goes to state and has never noticed any problems with getting a signal.

Decent coverage, but Sprint's main selling point is the incredible value you can get with an employee discount added on. My individual data plan with unlimited incoming calls, text, and data runs only a little over $50/m. I'm very happy with my service, but I recognize that Verizon has better offerings if price isn't a concern.

Have it now and had it from 5/07-12/08.

I have no problems, outside of spotty coverage at my mom's house out in the country, but just about every carrier is crappy out there.

Came over from AT&T and it's been ∞x better.

After being with AT&T for so many years, I made the switch to Sprint last month and got the EVO 4g. I don't regret switching especially when I get coverage at my work for once.

I've had it for quite a while now and never had problems with reception. I have the HTC Hero though on the ED plan and I despise my phone. The nice thing about Premier is that you get to upgrade every year.

i know t-mobile has student discounts, does sprint have them?

My main issue with sprint would be if I could get service in an apartment or college building. I remember at my alma mater I had to lean out my dorm window to get service. Not Michael Jackson's baby leaning, but far out enough to get service

Had T-mobile and they had terrible customer service. Switched to Sprint almost 7 years ago, and with very few exceptions I have no complaints. My only complaint for the moment is that occasionally my phone (Samsung Moment) loses all 3g connections, but it's a phone flaw not a signal flaw. Sprint's answer is to do a battery pull, and that usually fixes it.

Employee discount plans and Premier make me keep Sprint, since a comparable plan on Verizon would cost me well over 120, rather than the 80 I pay.

[quote name='ajumbaje']i know t-mobile has student discounts, does sprint have them?

My main issue with sprint would be if I could get service in an apartment or college building. I remember at my alma mater I had to lean out my dorm window to get service. Not Michael Jackson's baby leaning, but far out enough to get service[/QUOTE]

They might. I got one because of where I bank.

sprintvoice.jpg

That's the Sprint voice map for my area. not so great, the gray is roaming.

The data coverage is about the same.

sprintdata.jpg

Had Sprint since 1999. Had a Sanyo SCP 4900 since around 2001 until a month ago I got an Evo. Took the Evo back and picking up the Epic tomorrow. Rarely have dropped calls. Phillipine customer service is very helpful at comping you if mistakes happen on your bill. Although you have to check to make sure the changes they agreed to are activated. I have no reason to leave. They're a good company.

bread's done
Back