Anyone have this problem with PSP battery?

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
My battery keeps draining down a lot, often to empty, yet I try to make sure I shut my PSP off and don't put it into sleep mode. I push the power button up and hold it until it goes off, but it always drains. Anyone have this problem?

So I took my 2 batteries, charged both fully, switched the one that was draining out of PSP, put the other in PSP, and the opposite battery drained down. So it's not the battery. For some reason when the battery is in the PSP it drains, will drain from 100% to 0% in a matter of weeks. Weird.

Will keep my batteries outside the PSP when in storage, suggest others do the same. Unless this is an isolated problem.

[quote name='62t']PSP batteries are just like. Nothing you can do about it.[/QUOTE]

Both batteries drained out, but when not in the system they did not drain.

PSP batteries are fickle beasts. I've had official spare Sony batteries, some even still in their package, start to bulge out for no reason.

[quote name='cmb00']all the psp batteries that i own do that. I have the psp 1000 and 2000.[/QUOTE]

They bulge or they leak? Have you tried storing them outside of the PSP?

They leak, unless you have the extended life battery, the standard battery has a standby charge for about a week. Sony did release an external battery charger, so if you have two batteries, one could be in the system, the other in the charger.

[quote name='skyknight']They leak, unless you have the extended life battery, the standard battery has a standby charge for about a week. Sony did release an external battery charger, so if you have two batteries, one could be in the system, the other in the charger.[/QUOTE]

What does that part in bold mean?

[quote name='J7.']What does that part in bold mean?[/QUOTE]
I think hes referring to the atribute Li-Ion battery, which after fully charged will automatically drain out after a certain time, like Iphone 4S battery in stanby- non-active mode lasts for 300h- 13 days, so as for PSP it lasts about a week.

I have a PSP, IIRC when my PSP is completely out of juice, after few minutes it "recharges" so I can use PSP for 5 minutes, it seems odd to me cuz my friends have PSPs too, but nothing like that happens to their batteries, only mine :D

Ok, but I did not have it in standby mode. None of my other batteries leak like the PSP one does on my Apple device, controllers, headset, etc.

Gotta know that a Li-ion battery is not like an alkaline battery; you will lose charge even not used, whether in laptop, iPod...

Plus, the PSP battery technology (and power management) is quite old, as the Vita doesn't lose its battery charge as quickly as the PSP.

Long story short, even if you don't use the batteries in your PSP, it will lose its charge. This is not a factory defect, as the short battery life was one disadvantage that the PSP had against the DS. This is a fact that you have to accept as a PSP owner.

[quote name='skyknight']Gotta know that a Li-ion battery is not like an alkaline battery; you will lose charge even not used, whether in laptop, iPod...

Plus, the PSP battery technology (and power management) is quite old, as the Vita doesn't lose its battery charge as quickly as the PSP.

Long story short, even if you don't use the batteries in your PSP, it will lose its charge. This is not a factory defect, as the short battery life was one disadvantage that the PSP had against the DS. This is a fact that you have to accept as a PSP owner.[/QUOTE]

Ya I know that PSP uses Li-ion, and I have other devices that use Li-ion like an Ipod and those devices do not leak. I go back to my Ipod after weeks and it's still at the same level. But ya ok PSP battery leaks and it's normal. It just leaks incredibly fast.

bread's done
Back