Anyone having issues with the RElites?

Captain Freeze

CAGiversary!
this is for anyone who got the RE5 bundle.

i've been having a few problems with games loading.

first was RE5 a brand new game. when i first put it in, i watched the loading screen for about 15mins. then i reset. next time, it got past the loading screens, but the video froze during the first cutscene. this happened multiple times.

then, GTAIV, now this is a used copy,so that might be the problem for that one... but when i am driving some places it would freeze up and id have to reset.

installing both of these on the hard drive seemed to fix the issues, but im not going to be able to do that for every game. And so far its only been these two games. Left 4 Dead and Burnout Paradise both work fine so far.

has anyone had similar issues? im just wondering if its a problem on the discs or with the machine itself.

I got two of these and one of them had issues similar to what you're having. I returned it to Amazon and my second one works fine so far.

[quote name='Captain Freeze']this is for anyone who got the RE5 bundle.

i've been having a few problems with games loading.

first was RE5 a brand new game. when i first put it in, i watched the loading screen for about 15mins. then i reset. next time, it got past the loading screens, but the video froze during the first cutscene. this happened multiple times.

then, GTAIV, now this is a used copy,so that might be the problem for that one... but when i am driving some places it would freeze up and id have to reset.

installing both of these on the hard drive seemed to fix the issues, but im not going to be able to do that for every game. And so far its only been these two games. Left 4 Dead and Burnout Paradise both work fine so far.

has anyone had similar issues? im just wondering if its a problem on the discs or with the machine itself.[/quote]

I had a problem in RE 5 with the loading screen. The first time I played co-op on-line we literally sat in the loading screen for a good 10-15minutes before we decided something was wrong. Restarted and it's been working fine ever since.

So it might not be the console at all, just the games. I own an elite but not the RE5 bundled-version so I can't atest to that.

alright so that makes my think its more a problem with the discs. ive read some other comments of people with non RElites having similar issues.

I've been like a pig is shhyt since I got my JASPER by selling my older 360 back to Gamestop for $130 its was $85 plus like $40 extra in trade in credit plus they added the 10% edge card.

The JASPER is awesome the 256MB on board memory is awesome.

And I upgraded from the old 20GB HDD to the new 60GB HDD used the TRansfer cable and everything TRansfered and all the Digital copyrights worked perfect.

Also Mainly because the old 20GB HDD only has 2MB of cache YIKES!!

and the 60GB HDD has 8MB of cache buffer just like the 120GB model.

the 8MB cache combined with the 65nm JASPER run was silent and cool because since the new HDD has 8MB of cache it means the HDD spins way less therefore generates less is heat and is obviously faster.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']I've been like a pig is shhyt since I got my JASPER by selling my older 360 back to Gamestop for $130 its was $85 plus like $40 extra in trade in credit plus they added the 10% edge card.

The JASPER is awesome the 256MB on board memory is awesome.

And I upgraded from the old 20GB HDD to the new 60GB HDD used the TRansfer cable and everything TRansfered and all the Digital copyrights worked perfect.

Also Mainly because the old 20GB HDD only has 2MB of cache YIKES!!

and the 60GB HDD has 8MB of cache buffer just like the 120GB model.

the 8MB cache combined with the 65nm JASPER run was silent and cool because since the new HDD has 8MB of cache it means the HDD spins way less therefore generates less is heat and is obviously faster.[/quote]

What does any of that have to do with what the OP posted?

I haven't had any problems that I'd blame on the system so far with my RElite. HAWX freezes on the start screen sometimes, but that is a known problem with the game itself.

So far everything else has been peachy keen.

I'm scared to even try my RE5 disc given all the bad luck but I haven't had issues with any games at this point. I left Ninja Gaiden 2 running for like 2 hours just to see if it'd have any hiccups reading and everything seemed ok.

Fingers crossed, so far so good. I'm impressed by how much less heat the system seems to be putting out the back and how much lighter the new power supply is..! Hopefully these are good signs.

bread's done
Back