Anyone here have experience ordering flowers over the internet?

chrisc133

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I need to order some flowers over the internet...I'm hesitant to use a service like 1800flowers.com and have the flowers show up in a DHL box. Would it be safer to go through a local florist? What have people's experiences been like with 1800 flowers?--Price? Quality?

Comments, suggestions?

Places like 1-800-FLOWERS usually go through a local florist, so it's really hit or miss. I have had good experiences, and I have had bad experiences, depending on the city. They are definitely not shipped in a box, though, if that's the only thing you're worried about.

They're shipped exactly how the picture looks. A guy hands it to the person upon delivery. If there person isn't there its not delivered.

ive used proflowers. one order wasnt what i ordered, it was a slight variation, not a big deal at all. i emailed them to let them know, they IMMEDIATELY emailed back with appologies and said to give them an item number a date and time and theyd send whatever i wanted. so far thats the only error and they hooked me up without even asking.
also my wife has always said how nice the flowers are, they also seem to live 3-5 days longer than arrangements ive purchased elsewhere.

I've ordered through FTD before and they came in a DHL box, but the quality of the flowers were the best I've ever had, they lasted a good 2 weeks before dying.

I've used 1800FLOWERS before and had no problems whatsoever. They arrive the same as they would had you called the flower shop yourself.

Don't do it. I can say from experience that using a local florist in your area will deliver a far more personal touch to the bouquet and not only make your g/f very happy, but also save you about 50% over FTD or any other middleman service. No joke.

I was originally planning on going FTD until I found out they charge about $35-40 just to deliver. I'd rather spend that extra money on a better bouquet than shipping.

Aside from that, the benefit of using a local florist is that you can start developing a bit of a relationship with them and in my experience, it leads to them taking very good care of you when you're looking to get a beautiful bouquet for any occasion.

~HotShotX

i was listening to ESPN radio and they were talking about proflowers or something like that last year, so i ordered that shit for my grandma for mothers day

flowers were mixed wilted. a few roses were wilted, most weren't. i called them up and let them know and they refunded it for me. they said there probably was a drought in the area they got the flowers from. i believe them.

my grandma just snipped the wilted flowers and kept it moving.

would i order from them again? nah, because i'm not a flowers person. but it was easy to do...

[quote name='IvanHood']Places like 1-800-FLOWERS usually go through a local florist, so it's really hit or miss. I have had good experiences, and I have had bad experiences, depending on the city. They are definitely not shipped in a box, though, if that's the only thing you're worried about.[/quote]

I've had 2 very good experiences with 1-800-Flowers, and the arrangements and vases look exactly like their pictures. Both ladies were VERY happy...

I used Proflowers and theyre a buncha retards.

I paid the extra to have it delivered by a certain time...my gf got off work at 5pm and it had to be there by 430. It wasnt delivered till 6 and since she wasnt there, so they just left em. She lived close enough to drive back and get em.

I called and emailed to bitch about the fact I paid the extra for the guranteed delivery and they said it wasnt their fault etc and that for the problem they offered free shipping on my next order.

Bout 4 wks later I tried to take them up on it and there was no mention on my "acct" I was to get free s/h so I disputed with my credit card and got the "gurantee" charge refunded.

I've had no problems at all with Proflowers. They always do overnight delivery in a ventillated package, so they arrive very fresh. I just posted a good deal for mothers day BTW. It's a few posts up ;)

ive used proflowers for my then boyfriend...they sent him pink tulips instead of yellow roses! but they had yellow roses sent to him anyway after i called... no fuss, no muss...plus they gave out a free vase with them too when i originally ordered!

1800flowers ive used for a friend's mom...didnt know much detail except she loved them!

from what i can tell proflowers had the better deal...dont know what's better now, though.

good luck!

I'd just call a neighborhood florist. My husband bought through proflowers, and they were nice and all, but they would have been cheaper had they been ordered not through them.

Once, when my son was born, I got a plant and some stuffed animal from a work contact. 800flowers called me to make sure all was well, because I guess this was a new florist contracted with them. They asked me to describe the arrangement, asked about how I felt about the service, arrangement, then got really worried when I said the stuffed monkey was cute, because it was supposed to be a bear, not a monkey. Quite funny that I had to answer monkey questions.

I'd go to a local garden center and buy a real life plant for $20 before wasting money of some crab flowers. Plus shipping must suck.

I used 1800-Flowers once and had an meh experience, and then I used them again and they totally fucked me over. My girlfriend didn't get the flowers I ordered and paid out the ass for, and they wouldn't refund my money or give me the name of the local florist they used. I had to do a chargeback on my card. fuck 1800-FLOWERS. Don't use them.

I ordered from one of these places a few years ago and it was the worst decision I have made flower-wise. I ordered the bouquet and expected it to look somewhat similar to the picture online. Apparently, the contracted florist disagreed and decided to change the arrangement and add a bunch of wilted flowers.

My wife came to work to show me the flowers and I was extremely pissed. I called the florist and they were reluctant to replace the flowers. I took a few pictures of the flowers and sent them to the site I ordered from (and copied the email to the florist).

The florist called me within 10 minutes of the email and they replaced the flowers. They blamed it on one of the workers who decided to give the flowers her own personal touch. Thanks a lot douche.

I've ordered and received flowers from 1-800-Flowers. Had no problems with the order I placed, the recipient was very pleased. My boyfriend has ordered from 1-800-Flowers and ProFlowers. The order from 1-800-Flowers showed up a day late, but the flowers were gorgeous and lasted for over two weeks. The ProFlowers order showed up on time, but buds were falling off the flowers before I even got them out of the box.

I try to use local florists whenever I can -- there are two around here that are fantastic -- I'll only use a national service if the recipient is out of the area.

Also, if the person you're buying for likes to garden, don't buy them cut flowers. I always prefer getting a live plant that I can keep, rather than cut flowers that will need to be thrown away.

bread's done
Back