Anyone here use or used GameMine.com to rent games?

ParticleReality

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I'm looking for a gamefly alternative because Ive been having nothing but issues with them and I'm looking to switch. I am familiar with GameRang.com and I'll probably switch to them but I'm also looking at GameMine.com as well, which is cheaper than both.

Anyone have any experience with them? Their 2x speed service sounds pretty good and $28 for three games out is sweet but I'm worried that, like with gamefly, newer games will be really hard to get shipped out in a timely fashion.

Yes, I tried it before.

Yes, newer games are almost impossible to get. Also, the regular shipping times are a few days slower than GameFly. I didn't like it long enough to actually continue past the first month.

I ended up getting some older releases; Brutal Legend and Prince of Persia (The first next-gen one that was a reboot, not the Forgotten Sands one.) When I cancelled my service they immediately charged my card $120. Saying each game was worth $60 a piece. They told me I had five days to return the games. I returned them that afternoon and got tracking on them as well. When they were received I got refunded. It was just crap because #1: Those games are not worth $60 a piece. #2: They never warned me they were charging that when I cancelled or when I first signed up and #3: They treated me like I was going to steal the games. Horrible CS and overall communication. Plus they're just not that great all around with selection, availability and speed.

As annoying as GameFly can be they're popular for a reason; because they're straightforward and well-supplied.

Ouch. Sounds like I'm lucky that I didn't just bite the bullet and sign up. I guess I'll be taking my business to GameRang. I had a great two month experience with them and only went back to gamefly because I heard they improved.

I just checked out GameRangs site and it seems that games like Crackdown 2 and Red Dead Redemption are readily available.

[quote name='kube00']what about gottaplay?[/QUOTE]

Gottaplay seems pretty dead as far as I can tell. You can't even rent Uncharted 2 or really any new releases.

bread's done
Back