Anyone keep a BB rental before?

pinoy530

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was wondering if anyone had kept a blockbuster rental before and just have your account charged. Once this happens, can you go back to the store and get a case? Do they just throw the case away?

I am asking this because the only James Bond dvd that I am missing is octopussy. I rented it from my local BB, and its in in good condition, and on the receipt it says that I can own it for $23. That is alot, but I have alot of credit there and the movie is discontinued and very hard to find.

After they charge my account, would they let me keep the case, since its their only copy anyways? Or do they automatically pull the display case if its kept longer than the 7 day rental period and 7 day no late fee period?

If they didn't give you the case, your best bet is to go in store and tell them you want to keep it. They might give you the display case.

My BB gave the me artwork and a BB case. But yes, they'll let you have the case. They'll keep it themselves for quite a while after they start "threatening" you to pay up too, because even after they "auto-charge" you, they still will allow you to return the movie for the $1.50 processing fee and will remove the auto-charge.

[quote name='cyrix`']Whatever happened to that no late fees thing.[/QUOTE]
Blockbuster was sued for false advertising.

[quote name='P0ldy']Blockbuster was sued for false advertising.[/QUOTE]

So is it all over? Now we have late-fees again?

[quote name='P0ldy']Blockbuster was sued for false advertising.[/QUOTE]

Mainly because they aired it in states that weren't running the promotion (like here in Tennessee).

That deal is the no late fees thing. If you looked at the fine print on all the no late fees signs, they say "no late fees for 7 days, After 7 days you are charged for the full price of the movie. This sale can be reversed for a $1.50 restocking fee"

bread's done
Back