Anyone know about cars

gareman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So last night I was parking and the car wouldn't spot moving even in park until I turned off the car. (93 automatic Honda Accord)

Then just today when I went to go to class my car would not reverse. I needed to go to class, so I attempted to get gas and go. Well, 1st shift works fine and I think 2nd but when it gets up to 35 mph or so it it jumps and stutters (not every time but 90%)

Is it the linkage(?)? and if so what does not entail cost and time wise. Could it be the fluid? I just flushed my engine and got an oil change on Friday, and I had to go to place I had never been before (seemed kinda shady):whistle2:k?

I pretty sure its not the whole transmission from what I have read.

Any suggestions?

Are you familiar with the workings of a transmission? If not, I wouldn't recommend attempting this yourself, especially if you aren't sure it's the linkage to begin with.

id bet there is no issue with the transmission linkage.
id bet youre low on fluid.
get a technical manual, a new transmission filter and the appropriate fluid (check your manual dont just buy a bottle of atf) you may need a gasket depending on the transmission, i dont know what it looks like on an accord. anyway youll replace the filter and change the fluid.
you may need to change the fluid again in 1000 miles as you cannot get all the fluid out at once.

[quote name='paz9x']id bet there is no issue with the transmission linkage.
id bet youre low on fluid.
get a technical manual, a new transmission filter and the appropriate fluid (check your manual dont just buy a bottle of atf) you may need a gasket depending on the transmission, i dont know what it looks like on an accord. anyway youll replace the filter and change the fluid.
you may need to change the fluid again in 1000 miles as you cannot get all the fluid out at once.[/quote]

thanks for the info.

First is it an anuto or manaul trans? 4wd or 2wd? What kind of car, mileage, year etc?

Check the trans fluid if its an auto after the fluid is warm and while the car is running. Are you low?

Post back and lets go from there.

[quote name='Snake2715']First is it an anuto or manaul trans? 4wd or 2wd? What kind of car, mileage, year etc?

Check the trans fluid if its an auto after the fluid is warm and while the car is running. Are you low?

Post back and lets go from there.[/QUOTE]

check the OP
its a 93 automatic accord.

Wow I missed that completely.

So half the request is done. My guess is he is low. But will wait to see when he reads his disptick... it should have a yellow handle but may not. FYI.

bread's done
Back