Anyone know about wall air conditioners?

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Ok so this weekend i was going to paint my room but i noticed that my ac had been leaking. Turns out that the leaking totally ate a big section of my wall and ive been working on it a.. weekend.

Now it looks like i need a new ac. Apparently what i had in there was a window unit. Does anyone have experience using a window unit into a wall closure.

Basically my ac works and cools but either it leaks from below..(may be normal..not sure).

I need an ac that obviously releases water from the back and doesnt destroy my wall again...

It sounds like your AC was installed wrong. You should set it at a slight angle so that the condensation runs out the back of the machine and not the front.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']It sounds like your AC was installed wrong. You should set it at a slight angle so that the condensation runs out the back of the machine and not the front.[/quote]

I thought about that as well.. the base of the ac is a perfect square...i dont know how id be able to angle it...

Maybe this is just an installation issue..man i was lookin at wall units and damn their more expensive than window units...

Now im kinda confused...someone told me its normal for an ac to leak water so i tested it yesterday..

i put it out side and put a cloth under it.... 5 mins later i lifted the ac and the cloft was a little wet...

I dont notice my ac leaking from the back though...

what you need is a condensation line. You run the line from the ac unit to a place outside, either by cutting a small hole to outside, putting the line out and insulating around it, or running it into the bottom of the house through the floor. this keeps the moisture from backing up and destroying your wall.

NO it should have feet on it. These feet are adjutable they sit on the sill of the window (bottom) and adjust the levelness of the A/C unit. You want a slight outside angle on the unit (meaning its slightly leaning outside).

Also if the unit is a year or two old its possible that rust has filled in the small drain hole it has from the factory. Then you just need to drill a small hole in the pan (not the fins or anything). maybe a 1/8th bit and you should be able to check your area to drill by looking at the bottom of the unit and at the top.

IF you are going to fix it and needs pics let me know. I can snap some tonight. PM me asap and I will get pics.

bread's done
Back