Anyone know about Xbox Summer from Pizza Hut?

dolemite01

CAG Veteran
I drove for ten hours yesterday across Texas, and a few Pizza Huts I drove past in different cities had on their marquee 'Xbox Summer Coming Soon', a simple google search only brings up last summer's Fight Night Promotion with Pizza Hut, even 'pizza hut xbox 2010' I do not find anything, has anyone heard what this might be?
Thanks!

[quote name='DPsx7']Everyone gave up on the 360, it's all about the Wii now.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah right MINE and most peoples Wiis are $200 CD Burner looking paper weights

[quote name='DPsx7']Everyone gave up on the 360, it's all about the Wii now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah with its awesome HD, oh wait.... :cool:

HD is overrated. The Wii has good games and reliable hardware. Sadly the 360 doesn't have either. And ever since Sony started breaking PSN and blocking 60gb users from doing anything I've gotten more disappointed in them too.

The fact the 360 has to have 'fast food' related games immediately puts it behind anything the Wii has in its library. Including some of the third party crap.

[quote name='DPsx7']HD is overrated. The Wii has good games and reliable hardware. Sadly the 360 doesn't have either. And ever since Sony started breaking PSN and blocking 60gb users from doing anything I've gotten more disappointed in them too.

The fact the 360 has to have 'fast food' related games immediately puts it behind anything the Wii has in its library. Including some of the third party crap.[/QUOTE]

Is Nintendo paying you?

Or is your life that sad? you must ride nintendo's dick on a message board.

[quote name='DPsx7']HD is overrated. The Wii has good games and reliable hardware. Sadly the 360 doesn't have either. And ever since Sony started breaking PSN and blocking 60gb users from doing anything I've gotten more disappointed in them too.

The fact the 360 has to have 'fast food' related games immediately puts it behind anything the Wii has in its library. Including some of the third party crap.[/QUOTE]

Reported for trolling.

[quote name='rainking187']Pizza Hut Big Bumpin'?[/QUOTE]

more like pizza hut big pimpin'. They have okay food, it's over priced and i'm in tx but haven't heard of anything of a deal like this.

[quote name='DPsx7']HD is overrated.

So is motion controls

The Wii has good games and reliable hardware. Sadly the 360 doesn't have either.

Yeah Burger Flipper and Fire House Wii are right up there with Half life 2 and Bioshock.

The fact the 360 has to have 'fast food' related games immediately puts it behind anything the Wii has in its library.

I think the fast-food companies are the ones benefiting from this not Microsoft.

[/QUOTE]

Responses in bold

Wii is for teh kiddies, lol waggle
360 lol sub HD, RROD, pay to play
PS3 has no games, $599
and a good gaming PC will cost you more than a million dollars

There, its all out of the way. I want to know more about this Xbox Summer, I couldn't find anything either.

[quote name='Drewby']Hey look! It's people getting REALLY UPSET over other people's opinions.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that didn't take long for the children to have my posts removed. Let them have their fast food games. That poor console doesn't have much else to play.

[quote name='DPsx7']Lol, that didn't take long for the children to have my posts removed. Let them have their fast food games. That poor console doesn't have much else to play.[/QUOTE]

I wish my 360 had hundreds of shovelware titles to play. I guess I'm stuck with Bioshock tonight.

Many, many, many years ago pizza hut had an Xbox promotion (Edit: It may have been Playstation) that had a multi-game demo disc (perhaps three different ones throughout the promotion) when you purchased a pizza.

If it's their summer promotion coming soon, expect to hear about it everywhere by next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
the plant i work at makes their boxes, no kind of promo boxes going out right now. though our boxes usually end up in restaurants in a few weeks.

Interesting. I'd guess DLC ala last year's Fight Night, but I'll keep an eye out. Maybe it's a sweeps or demo discs (but seriously, why are demo discs still around?)

Here's just hoping it isn't a new specialty pizza with a red ring of pepperoni.

Lol, brought back memories of the old school Pizza Hut special they had with Playstation. (Where they gave out the Ape Escape, FF8, and Crash Team Racing demo discs). I still have that disc, and it still smells like pizza

Hmm, interesting, but like GenPirate Pizza Hut just does not set well with me. Still wonder what the promotion is, maybe their pasta would be worth ordering

Just seen it on a sign in Indiana. I called the place and asked them what xbox summer was and was put on hold for a minute and informed "we don't have any information but its "probably" something to do with xbox" lol

Thinking back I really wish I would have sounded depressed and said "oh that sucks I only have a PS3"

[quote name='dgwillia006']Lol, brought back memories of the old school Pizza Hut special they had with Playstation. (Where they gave out the Ape Escape, FF8, and Crash Team Racing demo discs). I still have that disc, and it still smells like pizza[/QUOTE]

Gross!

Give them a call. Might have to do a bit of the run around, but if you really want to know. :cool:

Pizza Hut Corporate Office
2824 Bill Owens Parkway

Longview, TX 75605
(903)297-1111

Well it's a matter of taste I suppose. Personally I hate Pizza Hut, their pizza are usually a lot greasier than either Papa Johns and Dominos. But if were naming our preferred pizza, my fav would have to be costco's pizza :)

[quote name='XF Gator']The one by UF has great pizza. Pizza Hut knocks out Poop John's and Domino's.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
i prefer smaller chains as they tend too HOOK it up.. the big name guys usually have alot less toppings... Pizza guys is sick papa Murphy's too

[quote name='Interstella 5555']But if were naming our preferred pizza, my fav would have to be costco's pizza :)[/QUOTE]

You know from the food court Costco does have some kick ass pizza. I just wish there was more choice than supreme, cheese, and pepperoni. Costco pizza is huge and used to be a great deal, until every other pizza chain offered $10 pizza with whatever you want on it.

Man in my area the nearest stand alone pizza hut is very far. Most of the Pizza Huts in my area are like combined with Taco Bell and Target. I find that the only good pizza huts are the stand alone.

Pizza chains... has to be Pizza Hut over Dominos. Pizza in general... I never order chain pizza with such a nice selection of real pizza. Besides the fact that chain pizza is CRAAAAAZY pricey. Dominos does the buy 1 get 1 deals all the time, but they still end up costing $15 for two pizzas or more. I enjoy pizza hut once in a while, and would certainly be interested if there was a promotion going on, but they are not what they used to be. Crust seems to get wider and wider and the actual pizza part smaller and smaller. Outside diameter remains the same, but 4 bites and I'm already biting into the crust!

Give me a good slice from a local place... 26" pizza cut into 6 slices @ $2.00 per slice! Pizza Hut's buffet rocks though.

i like dominos better then pizza hut, but i think their new "better" recipie is a lot worse. the last time i had pizza hut was when i went to their buffet, i didn't like it :(

wow... i need to find something to do haha

[quote name='jab1235']i like dominos better then pizza hut, but i think their new "better" recipie is a lot worse. the last time i had pizza hut was when i went to their buffet, i didn't like it :(

wow... i need to find something to do haha[/QUOTE]
Whaaa? Dominos used to be disgusting. I order it at all the time now because it's actually one of the best of the big chains, imo.

[quote name='Retom7']Pizza chains... has to be Pizza Hut over Dominos. Pizza in general... I never order chain pizza with such a nice selection of real pizza. Besides the fact that chain pizza is CRAAAAAZY pricey. Dominos does the buy 1 get 1 deals all the time, but they still end up costing $15 for two pizzas or more. I enjoy pizza hut once in a while, and would certainly be interested if there was a promotion going on, but they are not what they used to be. Crust seems to get wider and wider and the actual pizza part smaller and smaller. Outside diameter remains the same, but 4 bites and I'm already biting into the crust!

Give me a good slice from a local place... 26" pizza cut into 6 slices @ $2.00 per slice! Pizza Hut's buffet rocks though.[/QUOTE]

Domino's depends a good bit on the chain. My old area was not that good, which was odd considering the amount of mom & pop pizza places around. However, my new area is great but one of their three chains is a college town so they order a lot more stuff and pass on the savings. The only thing they don't do well anymore is online stuff. It's hard to get any of the free stuff added on (I've gotten cinnastix maybe three times, lavacakes once from the survey) and then they put in some stupid thing about having to pay with a credit card on an order over $5. Which is stupid as I always ordered it and went over and picked it up as it was like 50 feet away.

But yeah, I can regularly get medium to large cheese or one toppings for $4-$5 and one day they comped a $25 order I made just because they forgot to make an order of breadsticks. (That was like two large two toppings, chicken, a two liter and two sides of bread... you really have to still use the combo/coupon deals.)

[quote name='Retom7']Give me a good slice from a local place...[/QUOTE]

given your location that is the obvious conclusion. I made the mistake of moving elsewhere (down south) and the lack of quality pizza drove me mad. Coming back was the only solution.

For chain pizza for me it is Little Caesar's baby. ok these pretty much don't even exist anymore sort of like Roy Rogers.

[quote name='truckasauras']given your location that is the obvious conclusion. I made the mistake of moving elsewhere (down south) and the lack of quality pizza drove me mad. Coming back was the only solution.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah down south we really hurt for pizza, chains are sometimes the only option... There are a couple noteworthy local chains in the south. If you're ever in the Atlanta area I recommend Buckhead Pizza Co. They're good, trendy, and affordable. Think a local version of California Pizza Kitchen.
As far as something that tastes local but is a chain I'd also say Mellow Mushroom, since they don't just crank em out for delivery and the masses.

So this has just become the what pizza we like thread?!? ;)

I'm still looking forward to seeing what this xbox summer is all about... As far as pizza goes, i tend to stick to the small places here in NC. We actually have a place called "New York Pizza" and i have become quite fond of them. IMHO once you leave NYC, you will never find pizza or Chinese food that good and that is one thing i have learned to accept.

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']Anyone heard any more on this promotion?[/QUOTE]

Nope.
I did however find a game related promotion from CiCi's
1 x entry online: Click where it reads "A second Chance to win"

bread's done
Back