Anyone know how to replace the battery in a GBA cart?

tankass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I wanted to play Tactics Ogre again today and found that my save games dissapeared :evil: . I figured that since I havent played it for about a year they just got erased, but I tried to save again and it didnt work. Just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.

[quote name='tankass']I wanted to play Tactics Ogre again today and found that my save games dissapeared :evil: . I figured that since I havent played it for about a year they just got erased, but I tried to save again and it didnt work. Just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.[/quote]

Is it a bootleg? Sounds like it is. Many GBA carts do not use batteries, but there are some titles and bootlegs that still use them. If it was an official cart. it shouldn't have died that fast. Regardless, I'm not sure if you can change the battery. It might be soldered in there. Get a tri-wing screw driver and open it up.

On a slightly different topic, does anyone know how to open up a GBC cartridge without the airline screwdrivers? Thanks...

[quote name='SadieDee'][quote name='tankass']I wanted to play Tactics Ogre again today and found that my save games dissapeared :evil: . I figured that since I havent played it for about a year they just got erased, but I tried to save again and it didnt work. Just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.[/quote]

Is it a bootleg? Sounds like it is. Many GBA carts do not use batteries, but there are some titles and bootlegs that still use them. If it was an official cart. it shouldn't have died that fast. Regardless, I'm not sure if you can change the battery. It might be soldered in there. Get a tri-wing screw driver and open it up.[/quote]

It may be a legit cart. I had that happen on my Castlevania: COTM cart I got from Circuit City. I was at the final battle, over 95% complete, I came back months later and it was gone.

noooooooo, why does my cart have to messed up. I guess this is my punisment for waiting so long to beat it. Ill have to try opening it I guess. Thanks.

GBA games should be flash memory saves. The flash contents can get blown away if the cart gets a static shock. If the flash itself is damaged you're out of luck.

bread's done
Back