anyone know of a good music seller with cds at 5.99 plus free shipping?

madmax

CAG Veteran
I am looking for free shipping and cheap music CD'S at about 5.99. I know of bmg and youmusic but, I need a better company that you don't need to subscribe to.:bouncy:

thank you,
madmax
ps. by the way, what website makes this kind of forum?

Tower.com used to have some great prices on CD's. Full length albums from $4.99 to $7.99. Lately though they've raised prices and I haven't bought anything from them. Who knows, they may decide to lower prices again in the future.

[quote name='JMClarkent']Ebay can be nice; especially if you catch a fella/seller with similar tastes.[/quote]
^^
Also, when BMG music club does a quarterly member's sale new CD's are $6.99 with free shipping (thy usually charge $2.99 shipping killing all the deals, there are frequently exclusions like brand new releases, greatest hits or box-sets).

www.yourmusic.com

$6.99 all CDs (double CDs are $13.98) plus Free Shipping. New releases are usually staggered about 2 months, but they have a good selection. I think it is Columbia House. Membership is free and you can cancel at any time without penalty. I go on and off, I renew my membership when I want some CDs and then I cancel. You can set up a queue (sp?) and have CDs sent to you monthly with a credit card or you can just buy CDs for $6.99.

[quote name='thebob101']www.yourmusic.com

$6.99 all CDs (double CDs are $13.98) plus Free Shipping. New releases are usually staggered about 2 months, but they have a good selection. I think it is Columbia House. Membership is free and you can cancel at any time without penalty. I go on and off, I renew my membership when I want some CDs and then I cancel. You can set up a queue (sp?) and have CDs sent to you monthly with a credit card or you can just buy CDs for $6.99.[/QUOTE]

There's not a whole lot on there that I listen to, but at $6.99 it seems like a decent deal for some of the more popular stuff I like. So...there's no catch? I'm trying to figure out how they can sell CDs that cheap with free shipping without a monthly fee. Do they send your email a bunch of advertisements or something?

Tower did have a decent deal this week - the new Thursday CD for $5.99 (next best price is $7.99 at Best Buy). It looks like they still have OK sales, just they are more selective now with what titles are on sale. It's free shipping on orders over $25 by the way.

[quote name='odhen']There's not a whole lot on there that I listen to, but at $6.99 it seems like a decent deal for some of the more popular stuff I like. So...there's no catch? I'm trying to figure out how they can sell CDs that cheap with free shipping without a monthly fee. Do they send your email a bunch of advertisements or something?[/quote]

It's all about volume and buying from them is almost like buying direct from the studio. Last article I read had the cost of a mass-produced CD at under 10 cents.

It's pretty old news by now, Columbia House and BMG have their CDs produced for them independently. They pay the record companies a fee to be able to manufacture the CDs they sell. That's why the UPC has a mention of the BMG item number on it. Back in the day, it was hard to sell used CDs that you bought from BMG because of that. No one seems to care anymore though. Just today I sold a few CDs to FYE, some of which had the mfg'd for BMG info on it.

That's how they sell them so cheap, because they make them. It's like printing money.

When I buy cds, it's usually from secondspin.com when the heynow coupon is working. Although I don't find anything I want very often.

bread's done
Back