Anyone know where I can find a Dreamcast console somewhere cheap?

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!
Does anyone know besides Amazon. They want 80 something for it, is there some site that has it for cheaper new or whatever? I would use my DC but I got it when it first came out, just afraid it'll die on me. Rather just buy a new one or whatever and use that.

Btw, not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If not, my apologies.

Used shouldn't cost you more than $20, but shipping is really expensive because of the weight so you're better off looking locally. Craigslist, or a small independent game shop would be your best bet.

For new, the msrp is $100 and sometimes it will go cheaper than that. I would suggest looking at craigslist. That is where I got mine.

So, you're not going to use a game system becuase it might break?

Meaning, basically, it's going to be equivalent to having a broken one now since you won't be playing games on it?

Use the system you have. Give it purpose other than collecting dust in the closet. If it does break, then buy another system to play. (Buying a 'new one' doesn't guarantee it'll work at this point, anyway.) You can still keep your old one for nostalgia if you like- you could even try converting it into something else if you can come with something good.... like swap out the guts and make a CD or DVD player or something.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']I would use my DC but I got it when it first came out, just afraid it'll die on me.[/QUOTE]

For reference, my original Dreamcast has outlasted my 360, my PS2, and my Apple computer.

bread's done
Back