Anyone know where I can get an Xbox 360 AC power cable?

Hush

CAGiversary!
I just need the cable that goes from the brick to the wall, and not the actual brick itself. I don't care if its 3rd party as long as its molded to fit the 360 power brick and not a crudely modified computer AC cable (like the one I purchased from eBay). Any help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,

Hush

Look at Radioshack. All that matters is the shape, they probably have a universal cable of that shape. I can't imagine that the 360 is the only thing that has that shape.

if you cant get one from gamestop/ebgames then i would suggest going to your local radio shack and try all of the plugs they have until you find the one that fits(bring your 360 brick with you and then ask them where they have the cords at and that you need the cord that will fit the brick)

Have you tried asking Microsoft to see if they can replace it? I have no idea if they actually sell parts but its worth a shot.

Call Microsoft and say you need a new one. That's what I did when I found a Xbox wireless adapter at Goodwill *without* a power supply for $4. I just told them that the one that came with it was broken (of course I didn't say I bought it used though). They didn't send me just the power supply but a new and complete wireless adapter for free.

Just tell them your 360 wouldn't power up, so you tried a friends power cord and it worked with that, so you need a new one ASAP. They'll almost for sure send you out a new cord or power supply after that, free of charge. That's what I did and it worked for me.

[quote name='norkusa']Call Microsoft and say you need a new one. That's what I did when I found a Xbox wireless adapter at Goodwill *without* a power supply for $4. I just told them that the one that came with it was broken (of course I didn't say I bought it used though). They didn't send me just the power supply but a new and complete wireless adapter for free.

Just tell them your 360 wouldn't power up, so you tried a friends power cord and it worked with that, so you need a new one ASAP. They'll almost for sure send you out a new cord or power supply after that, free of charge. That's what I did and it worked for me.[/QUOTE]

I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX and tried, but since my console was out of warranty and was manufactured in 06 and not 05, they said they couldn't help me unless I wanted to pay for a new power supply. And they don't sell the AC cables seperately.

Still open to suggestions...

[quote name='Hush']I called 1-800-4MY-XBOX and tried, but since my console was out of warranty and was manufactured in 06 and not 05, they said they couldn't help me unless I wanted to pay for a new power supply. And they don't sell the AC cables seperately.

Still open to suggestions...[/quote]

Try again now. The 360 Warranty has been extended to one year for all 360s.

Yes, I ordered one from that same seller on eBay express. Its obviously not official, but it has the end molded to fit correctly into the power brick, so it is close enough. The first one I got from eBay was an old PC cable with a slot crudely dremeled in the end (I'm not kidding) to make it fit! I got ripped off on that one! Thanks for everyone's help.

bread's done
Back