Anyone knows anystores taking items back without receipt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darock738

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Every year I take all my unopened games and dvd's to bestbuy where they have a no receipt exchange policy where they take your stuff and provide you with a gift card for the balance. I found out that they are not doing that anymore and wanted to know if any other stores are going to take items back without receipt.

I saw CAG Veteran, but you have 5 posts. You'll know you'll get flamed for posting this, right? It's unethical and illegal/immoral to do so.

The best thing to do is ask the giver for the gift receipt, or many stores can give you a return or refund if you provide your phone number or other info, so that they can pull up the purchase and print out a new receipt.

Of course, you wouldn't be thinking of returning games that didn't originate from that store and/or obtained earlier in the year, would you?

You realize its very rude sometimes to ask a family member (ie aunt, uncle, cousins) for gift reciets when you just suppose to like what they gave you. Or maybe a family member that is less than kind and if you were to ask them they would blow up or get really upset. I am sorry but not all gifts fall into this wonderful category of being able to be worked out. I have NfS underground for the ds. Unopened and still wrapped in its plastic. Though some people misuse this ability it still doesnt warrent a complete rejection of the idea.

Well to clarify, i know most of the people who shop for me shop at bestbuy and most (90%) of the items still have the best buy sticker on them. I just don't wanna f***ed with no lube by gamestop. And no, most the people do not keep the receipts and would be offended if I asked for one.

[quote name='darock738']Well to clarify, i know most of the people who shop for me shop at bestbuy and most (90%) of the items still have the best buy sticker on them. I just don't wanna f***ed with no lube by gamestop. And no, most the people do not keep the receipts and would be offended if I asked for one.[/quote]

I'll give you a dollar for them. It's more than GS will give you.

I can't understand why these threads keep popping up, as the mods locking the others isn't any indication..

Just start asking for Gift Cards instead then, or atleast be happy you didn't spend your money on this "horrible" game

I will answer your question. BB will take returns w/o receipts until Jan. 21 or 24 (can't remember). I have spoken with BB Customer Relations department and they said that this was fine between Xmas and the Jan. date.

As for the flaming, sometimes folks do give gifts without receipts. I returned a couple of movies that I received as gifts that I didn't get the receipt for and didn't want to be rude and ask for one (that is tacky asking someone for a receipt so you can return their gift). The movies I returned had BB price stickers on them so I wasn't questioned by the CS.

[quote name='Caliburn']Of course, you wouldn't be thinking of returning games that didn't originate from that store and/or obtained earlier in the year, would you?[/quote]Sounds like he is to me. Which is return fraud, pure and simple.

[quote name='darock738']Well to clarify, i know most of the people who shop for me shop at bestbuy and most (90%) of the items still have the best buy sticker on them. I just don't wanna f***ed with no lube by gamestop. And no, most the people do not keep the receipts and would be offended if I asked for one.[/QUOTE]

That's been the case for years, I got a PC game from my aunt and uncle with a Best Buy sticker on it. I didn't want it (it was some bargain bin garbage) and they wouldn't take it back.

[quote name='thebob101']I will answer your question. BB will take returns w/o receipts until Jan. 21 or 24 (can't remember). I have spoken with BB Customer Relations department and they said that this was fine between Xmas and the Jan. date.

As for the flaming, sometimes folks do give gifts without receipts. I returned a couple of movies that I received as gifts that I didn't get the receipt for and didn't want to be rude and ask for one (that is tacky asking someone for a receipt so you can return their gift). The movies I returned had BB price stickers on them so I wasn't questioned by the CS.[/quote]

Are you sure about this?
I tried to exchange something and they said some kind of receipt is required, no exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back