Anyone like dolph lundgren?

Its called (cool announcers voice) "THE DEFENDER". For those that havent heard of Lundgren not to worry, hes one of the biggest B-movie action stars hollywood has ever seen, but have been in such classics like The Punisher and Universal Soldier. I actually got to see this movie thank to my sister over at umvd who sent me the promo dvd and i popped it in as soon as i got it. This is actually Lundgrens directorial debut so i definately noticed how the scenes played out differently compared to his older movies. The movie truly is a blast, because even though alot of scenes get so cheesy, its good(does that make sense?). The camera work is similar to saving private ryan as the picture is in constant motion and the gunfights are choreographed well given the 8 million dollar budget. The street date is the 18th of this month so check out amazon.com if you want more details. Any lundgren fans id love to hear your opinion or questions. Till then later

-matt-

[quote name='chaintrio'], but have been in such classics like The Punisher [/QUOTE]

:rofl: I'm sorry, that's as far as I got. That is definetly a movie that NEEDED a remake.

As chessy as his movies have been I think theyre great.His best were rocky 4 and Universal Soldier.
Later,
Dillon
P.S. Op thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='pdat2003']I Come In Peace (also starring Brian Benben)[/QUOTE]

i come in piece

you go in pieces

woo best line ever : )

The first Punisher was awesome (the second was good too) and how could you forget the fact that he was He-Man?!!

You may also care to know that Dolph Lundgren has a second directorial effort called The Mechanik. From what I've read it sounds like The Punisher only he fights the Russian mob instead of Triads.

"I must break you"

"My name is Drago. I'm a boxing fighter. I've came from Soviet Union. Soon I'll fight with Rocky Balboa and I'll beat him. Soon all the world will know my name."

Awesome.

What doesnt he have that Arnold does have? Surely not a lack of talent as we no neither possesed an ounce of talent. He should have been a bigger star.

watch Showdown in Little Tokyo, people....great mindless 90s action flick, a kick ass Brandon lee, a young, hot Tia Carerre, and around all those Japanese people, Dolph looks GIGANTIC!!!

Dolph23.jpg

:lol:

Here is Dolph's Bio:

Highly intelligent and extremely well educated -- earning an M.A. at Stockholm's Royal Institute of Technology and a Fulbright Fellowship at M.I.T. -- Dolph Lundgren is better known for his athletic achievements than his intellectual pursuits. An internationally recognized kick-boxing champion, the 6' 6", 250-pound Lundgren was working as a doorman at a trendy New York disco when his personally produced exercise video Maximum Potential caught the eye of movie producers. His 1984 cinematic debut was a bit part in the James Bond opus A View to a Kill, which co-starred Lundgren's then-lover Grace Jones. (Earlier reports that Lundgren appeared in 1970's The Out-of-Towners were really out of town.) His breakthrough film role was as Drago, the automaton-like Russian ring opponent of Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV (1985). The content of Lundgren's subsequent films is implicit in their titles: Masters of the Universe (in which Lundgren played bulging-biceped cartoon character He-Man), Universal Soldier (sharing the screen with fellow bodybuilder Jean-Claude Van Damme), Red Scorpion, Showdown in Little Tokyo, Army of One, etc. When Lundgren showed up as a street preacher in the futuristic Johnny Mnemonic (1995), one got the feeling that he was not going to be advocating peace on earth for long. -- Hal Erickson

[quote name='Xevious']Here is Dolph's Bio:

Highly intelligent and extremely well educated -- earning an M.A. at Stockholm's Royal Institute of Technology and a Fulbright Fellowship at M.I.T. -- Dolph Lundgren is better known for his athletic achievements than his intellectual pursuits. An internationally recognized kick-boxing champion, the 6' 6", 250-pound Lundgren was working as a doorman at a trendy New York disco when his personally produced exercise video Maximum Potential caught the eye of movie producers. His 1984 cinematic debut was a bit part in the James Bond opus A View to a Kill, which co-starred Lundgren's then-lover Grace Jones. (Earlier reports that Lundgren appeared in 1970's The Out-of-Towners were really out of town.) His breakthrough film role was as Drago, the automaton-like Russian ring opponent of Sylvester Stallone in Rocky IV (1985). The content of Lundgren's subsequent films is implicit in their titles: Masters of the Universe (in which Lundgren played bulging-biceped cartoon character He-Man), Universal Soldier (sharing the screen with fellow bodybuilder Jean-Claude Van Damme), Red Scorpion, Showdown in Little Tokyo, Army of One, etc. When Lundgren showed up as a street preacher in the futuristic Johnny Mnemonic (1995), one got the feeling that he was not going to be advocating peace on earth for long. -- Hal Erickson[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I never knew he was so well educated or that big for that matter.

[quote name='Maklershed']Interesting. I never knew he was so well educated or that big for that matter.[/QUOTE]

you learn something new everyday dont ya? I think alot of people sort of viewed him as a big dumb brute due to his movie roles.

bread's done
Back