Anyone on NeoGAF?

Blaine

CAGiversary!
Just curious. I figured I should spread out a little so I signed up for NeoGAF last week. I got my confirmation email right after signing up, but it's been over a week and they still haven't authorized my account.

According to the FAQ, they take up to 72 hours for the admins go through the queue of incoming users.

Is there like a huge backlog or a moratorium on new users?

Good luck, I've been waiting to be approved for six months now. :cool:

I'm not even authorized to view my own profile to see when exactly I registered. :cool: :cool:

I've been waiting since August.Maybe I've been approved already... I just haven't checked. :whistle2:k[quote name='VanillaGorilla']No, and why would I? What makes that place so great besides the fact that it's a boring, outdated layout and overly populated.[/quote]

1. No VanillaGorilla
2. ... No VanillaGorilla

A boring, outdated layout and overly populated what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it enough to just be able to read it? Why would you want to actually post there? Just to prove your videogame nerd e-penis is bigger than some strangers'?

I've been a member since August, and I spend WAY too much time there. The OT forum is the place to be. The gaming forum is filled with rampant fanboyism and overall shit. Sometimes there will be a few good threads but for the most part the people who frequent the gaming forum are fanatical.

Remember: Stay in the OT, and you will love the site. It's sad that bjork was banned for the hotdog eating contest thing, though. That man is awesome.

Also, the political threads in the OT absolutely dwarf anything on CAG, but the majority of the people in the threads are very partial to Obama (not a problem for me, though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I understand the apparent multitude of users who joined GAF to chat in the OT.

I try to stick to the sales threads, keeps things rooted in reality.

It took a month or 2 for my account to be "activated" and I have only posted like 2 times there. The only reason I go there is for people's monthly pick-ups. There are some people that spend serious money there....crazy I tell you.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']There are some people that spend serious money there....crazy I tell you.[/quote]

neogaf_dude.gif

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']When you have to be approved to join a damn video game discussion forum, you know it's full of arrogant pricks. fuck em.[/QUOTE]

You forgot self absorbed..

[quote name='hootie']Remember: Stay in the OT, and you will love the site. It's sad that bjork was banned for the hotdog eating contest thing, though. That man is awesome.[/quote]

True. It's his own damn fault but he'll be back in a year. The 'awesome bans' thread got bumped in the OT and I read Crushed's MGS Series spoiler thread. I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

I find myself lurking over there constantly and one of these days will have to get a proper e-mail account and sign up over there but I'm not even going to apply until post E3.

[quote name='cochesecochese']True. It's his own damn fault but he'll be back in a year. The 'awesome bans' thread got bumped in the OT and I read Crushed's MGS Series spoiler thread. I almost fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

I find myself lurking over there constantly and one of these days will have to get a proper e-mail account and sign up over there but I'm not even going to apply until post E3.[/quote]

Go to the Archive forum and check out the "Wise from yo gwave" thread...some dude 3 years ago said that there would be a DC/MK game, and everyone laughed at him. So then 3 years later (about a 2 months ago) he revived the thread JUST TO CALL OUT THE PEOPLE WHO LAUGHED AT HIM 3 YEARS AGO AND SAY THAT THE GAME WAS ANNOUNCED. He waited 3 years to zing a guy. The best part is during the course of the thread after the epic bump happened somebody found out it was the guy's first post since 3 years ago.

And then crushed made a pic that almost made me piss my pants.:applause:

[quote name='GF_Eric']Isn't it enough to just be able to read it? Why would you want to actually post there? Just to prove your videogame nerd e-penis is bigger than some strangers'?[/quote]

Honestly?

I don't think I fit in at CAG. I like it here, enjoy the cagcast but...

I used to frequent neo-geo.com, posted daily and really dug the community but since my friend Clint died 5 years ago - it's not the same. I've tried a few times.

You guys are all cool, it's not a slam against you.

So... pretty much it.

bread's done
Back