anyone pick up the boondock saints on blu-ray yet blockbuster has it now for 24.99

S

starmask2k3

how is it . is it the reg or DCE of the movie and how is it in 1080p and how is the sound

Last edited:
[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Its not out til tuesday. My copy should be in today/tomorrow.

ill post impressions once I get it :([/QUOTE]

blockbuster has it right now for 24.99

[quote name='starmask2k3']blockbuster has it right now for 24.99[/quote]

Then they're breaking street date :( Its not supposed to be sold til tuesday lol.

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm also interested. Haven't seen this one in awhile, and this would be the best way to give it another view :cool:[/QUOTE]

Yea, no doubt. Any excuse to watch it again is a good one in my book:)

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Then they're breaking street date :( Its not supposed to be sold til tuesday lol.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be the first time, the one by my house does it quite frequently, lol.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Then they're breaking street date :( Its not supposed to be sold til tuesday lol.[/quote]

Lots of Best Buys broke the street date for this too, as well as Donnie Darko. Personally, I'll stick with the 20$ I paid for each and wait for them to come in next week from amazon.com.

[quote name='opterasis']Lots of Best Buys broke the street date for this too, as well as Donnie Darko. Personally, I'll stick with the 20$ I paid for each and wait for them to come in next week from amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

boondock saints is not 20 at amazon

[quote name='starmask2k3']boondock saints is not 20 at amazon[/quote]

He's being vague. He's probably used some sort of GC or credit to do that. I've had my "Saints" Blu pre-ordered since the day Amazon put it up and mine is down to 23.95. (From the 29 it was when listed)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']He's being vague. He's probably used some sort of GC or credit to do that. I've had my "Saints" Blu pre-ordered since the day Amazon put it up and mine is down to 23.95. (From the 29 it was when listed)[/quote]

I just cancelled my order on amazon. There's no way I'm paying $23.99 when others bought it for $23.95.

:lol:[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I just cancelled my order on amazon. There's no way I'm paying $23.99 when others bought it for $23.95.[/QUOTE]

lol

i picked up the boondock saints blu ray last night at the 1st BBV at stopped at on the way home. They didn't have them out on display, but they went into the back and found it for me. They seemed really excited to sell it to me I think because I'm pretty much the only person who buys blu rays at this BBV.

Anyway, I just watched it and it looked a little better than I expected. My expectations were pretty low. I've watched the original dvd numerous times and the remasted dvd numerous times and the blu ray quality is a nice improvement. If you're a fan it's worth $25.

If highdefdigest would have given the video and audio a 1/5, I still would have bought it because I'm such a big fan. Anyway, I think highdefdigest will probably give the video quality like a 3.5 out of 5 or maybe 4 out of 5 at the most. When I just watched it, I was really tired, a little buzzed, and I watched it on a 1080i 37" LCD, so take from my review what you will.

Even tho TIVs are totally fucked now, it was definately worth $25 of my remaining BBV credit to get it a week early.

I bought this blu with really cheap BBV credit for only $1 more than amazon, and I got it a few days early.

bread's done
Back