Anyone pick up the new He-Man:Masters Of The Universe dvd yet?

js1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
The first DVD set is a "10 Best Episode" 2 DVD set from the original 1983 series. The He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Best 10 Episode Collector's Edition will arrive in stores on Tuesday, July 12, 2005, .

A poll taken at He-Man.org, the most powerful He-Man fansite in the universe, was used to determine the 10 episodes which would be published on this 2-DVD set. The top 5 episodes from Season 1 and the top 5 from Season 2 were chosen to occupy the digital realm of this release, along with many extras Here are the complete contents of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Best 10 Episode Collector's Edition, counting down the episodes to the most favorite ones from the polls:

Disc 1 (Best of Season 1):
#5: "Evilseed"
#4: "Quest for He-Man"
#3: "Prince Adam No More"
#2: "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"
#1: "Teela's Quest"

Disc 2 (Best of Season 2):
#5: "Into the Abyss"
#4: "Teela's Triumph"
#3: "To Save Skeletor"
#2: "The Problem with Power"
#1: "Origin of the Sorceress"

Special Features:
Two brand-new documentary featurettes with a variety of talent involved in the making of the original series, including voice-over actors, artists, and those working behind the scenes.

Two 4" x 6" exclusive He-Man art cards, by Bruce Timm and Adam Hughes.

Triva and "fun facts" about the creation of He-Man

Upcoming releases trailer

Beginning this fall, BCI Eclipse will begin releasing the complete, 130 episode series in multi-disc "season" box sets, each including an abundance of extras that, altogether, will make up the most comprehensive collection of extras ever produced for a classic animation DVD series.

I got this today, with a PM at walmart(17.xx) from bestbuy(I got the RZ members price of 12.99)

I must say this is VERY impressive! :applause: Excellent packaging, menus etc.. I am excited for the season releases.

I don't think it's worth it, to be honest. I was hoping for complete season releases... I already have all of those episodes on my computer, anyway.

If it were to release by season, I'd be all over it.

I got it, and I think it was worth is for the Bruce Timm and Adam Hughes art cards alone. The documentaries are also pretty cool, although I was a bit dissappointed that they didn't talk to any of the main voice actors (Just the producer who did a lot of the voices). Plus, it's memories of good times. That Filmmation tune makes me smile every time I hear it. Bring on the season sets!!!

The season sets are coming, but the DVD's producer has said that the special feature documentary will NOT be duplicated in any part on any future release. I've got it on my DDD wish list for purchase in Nov.

I bought his because of the collectible cards, and because it has special features that are exclusive to this set.

The picture is incredible; looks better than when it aired! The sound is also good, but it's a bit sped up due to the PAL to NTSC issues. However, you won't really notice it unless you've been watching your NTSC tapes every single day and know all the audio by heart.

[quote name='sman113']The season sets are coming, but the DVD's producer has said that the special feature documentary will NOT be duplicated in any part on any future release. I've got it on my DDD wish list for purchase in Nov.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... Maybe I will get these then. After all, I do love me a Filmmation chime as well.

I'm a completist, so I would wait for the season Box Sets to be released. Special features don't mean the world to mean like they do for some.

Terry

[quote name='paragon11']I'm a completist, so I would wait for the season Box Sets to be released. Special features don't mean the world to mean like they do for some.

Terry[/QUOTE]

If you are a completist, wouldn't you still want this set to COMPLETE the set of art cards that you will get in the season sets?

[quote name='Saucy Jack']If you are a completist, wouldn't you still want this set to COMPLETE the set of art cards that you will get in the season sets?[/QUOTE]

Or even to complete the He-Man DVD releases?:lol:

it is not the complete series but it does give you a little warmth to have this. This is actually a really good intermediate set. I picked it up on Tuesday at BB and the fold-out case is awesome and the show looks great. If you plan on completely collecting all the episodes and collector sets, this is a definite must have.

I bought it. Its cool :) It just a cool thing to have. The packaging is cool, its just cool. It brings a smile to my face when I load it up. O maan, its fun....bring the seasons.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Or even to complete the He-Man DVD releases?:lol:[/QUOTE]
It would be awesome if the Revolution did look like that...
NESRevolution2.jpg

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Thanx Linkin ,been waiting forever on this...:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

No problem. I've been waiting for this one for a while now. If only they would come out with M.A.S.K. that be sweet.

Wow, didn't know Thundercats and He-man were coming to dvd. Something to add to my DDD wishlist. I'm mad that I didn't buy the GI Joe sets from them when I had a chance. I wonder if they'll reappear when Rhino finally releases the next season set for GI Joe.

[quote name='E-Z-B']Wow, didn't know Thundercats and He-man were coming to dvd. Something to add to my DDD wishlist. I'm mad that I didn't buy the GI Joe sets from them when I had a chance. I wonder if they'll reappear when Rhino finally releases the next season set for GI Joe.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you'd heard this, but Rhino won't be releasing any more GI Joe. Their license expired, along with the license for Transformers and Jem. Apparently, Sony Music now holds the rights and will reissue these titles at a later date. Here's a full story on it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3359

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope they reissue them soon. I only got the first season and a half of Transformers, and now I can hardly ever find the rest.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Not sure if you'd heard this, but Rhino won't be releasing any more GI Joe. Their license expired, along with the license for Transformers and Jem. Apparently, Sony Music now holds the rights and will reissue these titles at a later date. Here's a full story on it.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3359

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I hope they reissue them soon. I only got the first season and a half of Transformers, and now I can hardly ever find the rest.[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that. Thanks for the heads-up. HOPEFULLY Sony will reissue everything.

If anyone wants to trade an XBox game for this, let me know. I bought it, watched all the episodes, and now am ready to get rid of it. ;-) Send me a PM if interested

I think I'm one of the few people who liked the new He-Man series on Cartoon Network a couple of years ago. That one came and went - would sure like to see that series released on DVD.

Jeremy

Here are some "easter eggs" secrets on the he-man dvd's.

One Disc Two, highlight Play All, and press up, right, up, right and you'll see The Sorceress. This will play a commercial that announced the coming of the series.

bread's done
Back