anyone plan on getting Galleon?

how long has it been out? i haven't seen it anywhere....but i did run into it on gamerankings.com yesterday (ironic) and it has a 68% overall feedback....6.8 out of 10 is also what oxm gave it

The graphics do like a little subpar, but not too bad, judging by the trailer.

http://www.atlus.com/galleon/

The preview kind of has my interest perked a little. It looks like it might be kinda fun but those low scores on game rankings make me think otherwise. Maybe it'll be worth waiting for a price drop, but since its Atlus there might not be time for a price drop before it becomes scarce.

XBN said it was an amazing game in their preview. I would wait and see what Gamespot and IGN say.

I think a lot of people review things based on graphics, and never really base them on gameplay

The game was originally slated for the Dreamcast, thus the dated graphics. Everything I've heard on it says it's worth looking past the graphics.

[quote name='Ledhed']The game was originally slated for the Dreamcast, thus the dated graphics. Everything I've heard on it says it's worth looking past the graphics.[/quote]

One of the articles I read said it was gonna be one of the early PS2 games. The graphics seem to fit with either early PS2 or late Dreamcast though...

Depends on the reviews I find about it. I was super-interested in this game, but it's been too long in development for me to trust it (think Malice). If it keeps getting great reviews, I'll definitely pick it up. I'm not worried about the graphics, although I like pretty pictures, I've never been a graphics whore.

Although this game has been in development for a long while, I do believe that this game was released in Europe quite some time ago and has just been waiting for US distribution.

$10 (+tax i guess) i would pick it up right now, regardless of the reviews, until i see it in that range, wouldnt be prudent

First impressions, after playing for a couple of hours:

SO far, so good. The graphics are certainly dated, but I like the over-the-top, polygony (is 'polygony' a word?) design of the characters. Don't expect any 'shiny' water here. Storyline is great, voice acting is some of the best I've heard on the 'Box, and the game world is BIG. I am still puttering around the first island, having seen just a little bit of it. Controls are funky. You control the camera,not really the protagonist, so you just kinda point the camera in the direction you want Rhama (our hero) to go, and he does it, without any input from you. The computer controls his movement for the most part; it is cool in some environments but a pain in the ass when you are climbing. You kind of lose your sense of direction. It has a 'Monkey Island' feel to it so far; it is more of an adventure game with action elements than an action game with adventure/ puzzle elements. I like the game so far, but enemies are pretty bland. I'll write with more detail as I get further in.

No flames, please. Just trying to help.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I might pick it up at next year's BestBuy or Circuit City $4.99 clearance sale. It looks kinda interesting to me.[/quote]

hahahaha

Actually I might dump $19.99 on this game, just because It's getting published by Atlus. Alot of their games are high in demand, and low in production. With the exception of crap like Hard Hitter Tennis.

bread's done
Back