Anyone plan on playing CS:GO on XBL?

How is it?

I can only find the video for it and not the game yet. Maybe it will be up later. Crap, was looking to play some old school shooting tonite.

Last edited by a moderator:
You get an hour to try the demo online and off. Honestly it's pretty horrible compared to every other online shooter out today.

I got it, but I've only played a couple of matches. Both were on Italy. It feels like Counter-Strike, which is a good thing. If you've been playing CoD, you'll definitely notice the change in play style (no aim-assist, iron sights, etc.). Also, they added a button that allows you to do a 180. Kind of weird, but helpful.

It's a fun game. If youre into cs you will most likely dig it. Best shooter on xbla easily, hopefully it stays popular unlike other xbla shooters.

I've played like 20 min so far and it's been laggy for me the entire time. I remember playing this game on dial up in 1999 and yea, games do look better now but it's still a fun game but 5v5 seems pretty small.

I've been loving it so far. It's essentially CS 1.6

The fact that it still does not have aim assist or iron sights = positives for me. It's pure CS. This can be a very good thing or bad depending on the player.

The controls can feel a bit stiff at first, but after a few hours of playing, you'll eventually adapt. This game requires a bit of skill unlike most shooters. ;)

[quote name='$hady']You get an hour to try the demo online and off. Honestly it's pretty horrible compared to every other online shooter out today.[/QUOTE]

lol.

The Xbox version is decent, though the graphics definitely took a hit, and something in general seems... off. I played the PC version with a 360 controller and it feels much less responsive and stiffer on Xbox despite using the same sensitivity settings; maybe the game only runs at 30fps?

On the plus side, if you know how to play Counter-Strike, you'll likely dominate almost everyone playing, as no one seems to know what the fuck they're doing.

Yeah I.was beasting today cause people were such idiots. Rescued all hostages in less then a minute. All they did was kill.screw that. Won flawlessly.

Definitely a no go on the xbox. Valve and MS dont play nice... never have. Patch authentication takes forever between them, and the game is fundamentally broken online right now for a majority of players I have talked to.

I gave the trial a full 45 minutes of my life, and the game not once put me in a lag free match. The real problem I feel, is not the "netcode" but rather the shitty matchmaking. Your only options for finding a match, are quick match, and "custom" which just gives you the option of picking a mode. Funny thing is that they probably KNEW it, because they just happened to leave ping off the scoreboard on the 360. There is in effect, no way to check your connection to a given server.

I have heard many times today "I wouldn't want to sift through a server list anyway".. but those have filters for a reason. That said, it is a gem on the pc, and the matchmaking there... PING WISE.... is brilliant. SKILL wise however, matchmaking is nonexistent on either platform. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

And yes, the game IS locked in @ 30fps on the 360. If you don't know, that sucks.

[quote name='lolwut?']
On the plus side, if you know how to play Counter-Strike, you'll likely dominate almost everyone playing, as no one seems to know what the fuck they're doing.[/QUOTE]

I've planted so many bombs before the opposing team even finishes buying their gear, a decent team can easily dominate.

I think i'd try the demo when I can, but will probably get for via steam. I was just unsure if my computer could handle it smoothly; thus opting for xbox version.

My demo/trial was only 45 min and I wasted the first 10 just stuck observing most of my first match. Then I got stuck with a few moronic children who bailed before the match was over. I still have a little while left on my trial but I'd rather wait to play with some friends. Also, the graphics are no surprise laughable compared to the PC version and frame-rate was horrible on the 360.

Played one match and it was pretty fun, no problems at all. Then for the last 40 min it was all lagfest in every single match. Tried bringing up the buy menu and shooting my gun off and it would literally take like 5 seconds after I pressed the button for the action to occur. Just terrible, really sad cause I was looking forward to the game. Funny thing is I heard the PS3 is the complete opposite and has little to no problems and the graphics/framerate is even better.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I'm just worried that it won't be supported that much, thus making it a pointless purchase.[/QUOTE]

ditto

I'm surprised that the Xbox 360 and PS3 have different achievements and trophies.

It seemed strange to use a trigger to crouch when I played Killzone 2 and 3, but it didn't bother me much in this game. Maybe it's because the controller for the Xbox 360 is different, or maybe because the controls are simpler in this game? I kept hitting the 180 turn around when I wanted to switch back to my firearm from the bomb or knife. But that's my own fault. Y feels right for weapon switch, I just have to remember it.

I only played with the bots during my 45 minute trial, but that was fine for me. I used to play with the bots over a decade ago when Counter-Strike was around before Source, so this felt fine. I genuinely wouldn't mind paying $15 for a game that allowed me to play games with bots, as I hate games that are strictly dependent on other players to be played. I just have so many other games to play, so that holds me back.
I liked how Perfect Dark Zero had the Counter Ops mode, which was very similar to Counter-Strike, and had bots to use. It did make me wish there was a modern Counter-Strike game for the Xbox 360 at the time.

It felt strange and nostalgic to play Office and Dust again, but after 1 round I knew exactly where I was with each map.

Makes me wish they had a level/map designer for all versions. That's one thing I liked to start doing, but never finished. I bet if I dig into my bedroom closet I'd be able to find my 3.5 floppy discs of saved maps I started to design but never finished for the old, old Counter-Stike.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I think i'd try the demo when I can, but will probably get for via steam. I was just unsure if my computer could handle it smoothly; thus opting for xbox version.[/QUOTE]

Dude this game will easily run @ your native resolution on any pc built within the last 5 years.
I would probably run on decent newer integrated graphics for that matter.

That isn't to say that it's not a good looking game, because contrary to popular opinion, it is. That is simply to say that being a source engine game, it has lower system requirements and scales nicely.

I probably have a toaster lying around in my attic somewhere that could run it for you, if you're desperate. That isn't a code for something... seriously... a toaster.

I am primarily playing it on a 5 year old laptop, with med-high settings @ native res and getting 75 fps.

I'm having a lot of fun with it but the bugs are out of control.

1) Can't load leaderboard at all.
2) Can't play with friends in terms of making a xbox party lobby then searching for matches.
3) In private matches I was unable to re-load my weapon, and also had to hit the back button to back out after buying items.
4) Got stuck in a match when it ended and had to dashboard it.

Other then the bugs It's great to play this game again.

i am not even playing it on pc since they canceled crossplatform AND i have already seen 2 wallhackers on beta...

[quote name='Guilty']Dude this game will easily run @ your native resolution on any pc built within the last 5 years.
I would probably run on decent newer integrated graphics for that matter.

That isn't to say that it's not a good looking game, because contrary to popular opinion, it is. That is simply to say that being a source engine game, it has lower system requirements and scales nicely.

I probably have a toaster lying around in my attic somewhere that could run it for you, if you're desperate. That isn't a code for something... seriously... a toaster.

I am primarily playing it on a 5 year old laptop, with med-high settings @ native res and getting 75 fps.[/QUOTE]

My Specs:

OS 10.8 Mountain Lion
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics

CSS, HL2, L4D2 run smoothly on high / Med

I first started playing CS back when it was in it's second beta (1999?). I played for many years and could not imagine playing a CS game on a console. IMO, every XBLA game has had horrible 'netcode' and/or straight up lag. If it was a full retail game I may think differently or if there is an overwhelming amount of glowing reviews I would probably purchase it..

It pisses me off cause I want to buy the game but 9/10 games I get into are all laggy for me. I do see some of the players doing the same things like back in the day where they will only "guard the hostage" and when the map changes, same players switch teams to "guard the bomb spots"...lol.

The lag/frame rate slowdown at the start of every round is pathetic. Playing CS without mouse/keyboard is like mission impossible.

I havent got any lag at all since I opened my ports again. Damn router factory resets with every thunder storm. If you're still getting lag I'm not sure what to tell you, it's run fine for me and I've logged 14 hours. And learn to strafe aim... What I do get is sometimes a game stops loading and gets stuck, have to dash out.

played it on trial last night for the full 40 mins.. no lag at all
i remember playing this game everyday back in high school so i will prly get it for the $15

I was considering buying this but with most of my arcade purchases I like to take a look at the achievements list before purchasing and that's when I saw this: King of the Kill - Play 5,000 matches of Arms Race or Demolition mode.

Basically a huge grind on two game types that I don't even like; if Bomb Defusal and Hostage Rescue counted towards this achievement I'd probably pull the trigger on this one but I can already imagine all the AFKers who are going to idle and ruin the game for everyone else just so they can rack up rounds to earn this crap achievement.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I was considering buying this but with most of my arcade purchases I like to take a look at the achievements list before purchasing and that's when I saw this: King of the Kill - Play 5,000 matches of Arms Race or Demolition mode.

Basically a huge grind on two game types that I don't even like; if Bomb Defusal and Hostage Rescue counted towards this achievement I'd probably pull the trigger on this one but I can already imagine all the AFKers who are going to idle and ruin the game for everyone else just so they can rack up rounds to earn this crap achievement.[/QUOTE]

You can grind the achievement in single player. Infact, there is a glitch right now(for some) where if you play with expert bots in arms race, a single match counts as 2(2,500 to get the achievement is still a lot, but it's not like you have to play, you can just go idle).

Lmao what is the gaming world coming to... If you're buying games based on acheivements you're doing it completely wrong.

[quote name='Dthib87']Lmao what is the gaming world coming to... If you're buying games based on acheivements you're doing it completely wrong.[/QUOTE]
cosign_4.jpg

[quote name='Dthib87']Lmao what is the gaming world coming to... If you're buying games based on acheivements you're doing it completely wrong.[/QUOTE]

I consider achievements to be an integral part of my gaming experience. What is wrong for you is right for me.

[quote name='Kevlar281']I consider achievements to be an integral part of my gaming experience. What is wrong for you is right for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't really see how achievements have anything to do with your gaming experience, it has nothing to do with game play. I only brought it up because it completely blew my mind that someone would pass on a game because of achievements, and not the list of achievements but TWO of them.

Long gone are the days people buying games for enjoyment. Now people are buying games to get achievements and "add to my backlog".(lol)

Just downloaded the trial, hmm this game is whack. Just doesn't feel right (on xbox), so will probably hold out for when game goes on sale on Steam.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']We should have a CS nite for CAG or is there a certain day/time that everyone plays?[/QUOTE]

I would be willing to play on a CAG night. I'm not a great player by any means though

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']We should have a CS nite for CAG or is there a certain day/time that everyone plays?[/QUOTE]

During the week I can play anytime after 5pm est. On the weekends its hit or miss. Anyone can msg me or add me on xbl to play cs or gow3 anytime they see me on. I'm pretty skilled at cs but at gow im a trash xD.

bread's done
Back